This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Superfood Smoothie is packed with noteworthy superfoods! While I usually love to throw in a couple superfoods in all my smoothie recipes, this one packs in five superfoods! And don’t worry, superfood and nutritious here are not in exchange for flavor!
- Baby spinach: Spinach is a great source of vitamin A, C and K as well as iron and magnesium.
- Pineapple: High in antioxidants and can help boost immunity. Pineapple is full of vitamins and minerals.
- Kefir: A great source of probiotics, calcium and protein.
- Ginger: Ginger is a natural anti-inflammatory and can help ease digestion.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is another great anti-inflammatory and I love the earthy flavor it adds to the smoothie.
RECIPE VIDEO TUTORIAL
How to make this superfood smoothie
You can whip up this superfood smoothie in just a minute. There’s no prep required as long as you have the pineapple already frozen. You can chop it and freeze it or just buy it already frozen.
Throw it all in a blender and blend until the it’s smooth and creamy. It will start out looking chunky an separated, but will soon turn into a homogenous light green color,
Tips to make this healthy smoothie
- Use frozen pineapple.This gives the smoothie an extra smooth and creamy consistency and you won’t need to use ice cubes, which can thin the drink.
- If you don’t have kefir, you can use yogurt instead. I like to use Greek yogurt which is high in protein. You may need to add some liquid thought since kefir is thinner than Greek yogurt.
- Use a high speed blender. If you don’t have a high speed blender, I recommend stirring it every once in a while with a long spoon and blending for an extra 1 minute.
Frequently Asked Questions
Smoothies are best drunk as soon as they are made. Once the ingredients are blended they start to oxidize and lose their nutrients. If you can’t drink it straight away, keep it covered in the fridge and drink within 24 hours.
This smoothie comes in at around 250 calories and has good amounts of fiber, carbs and protein. It’s a great breakfast option when you are short time.
Smoothies are a great way to get lots of goodness in quickly, and in a tasty way! I have smoothies most days, either after my workout or as an afternoon pick me up.
For more healthy smoothies:
- Healthy Date Smoothie
- Tahini Milkshake
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Strawberry Vanilla Smoothie
- Kale Smoothie
- Pina Colada Smoothie
- Papaya Smoothie
- Pineapple Smoothie
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Superfood Smoothie recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
- 1 cup lightly packed baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 2 cups plain kefir or yogurt
- 1 thumb ginger cut into smaller chunks
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender, and blend for 60-120 seconds until you get a smooth and creamy texture.
- Taste the smoothie, adding more milk if it is too thick or adding more sweetener if it’s not sweet enough for you. Pour into a cup or mason jar. Enjoy immediately, or store in fridge for up to 24 hours.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.