In my experience of talking to body builders and just gym “enthusiasts” in general, who have lean bodies and 6-packs, they always say that the key to staying lean is keeping off the carbs, including fruit. I get the whole concept of not eating white rice, french baguette and cookies daily. But to me the fruit restriction would be like some sort of sentencing! Who’s with me?! So you bet that if I showed them this Mango Pineapple Coconut Smoothie, they would just read the words, see the chunks of mango and pineapple on top and shake their head. And I get where they’re coming from. But for the most of us not training for a body building competition, and just trying to maintain healthy habits, this smoothie is extremely healthy and extremely diet-friendly!
It’s 116 calories per cup.
Only 26 grams of carbs…that’s like 10% of the carbs you should be consuming in a day.
And it has zero fat.
So don’t be afraid of smoothies, don’t be afraid of fruit and please don’t be afraid of carbs. It’s all about that fine balance and not depriving yourself of the sweet stuff your body craves.
For more healthy smoothies:
- Glowing Green Smoothie
- Strawberry Vanilla Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Superfood Smoothie
- Pina Colada Smoothie
- Papaya Smoothie
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Pineapple Smoothie recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Mango Pineapple Smoothie
- 1/2 a fresh mango cut into cubes or 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen pineapple
- 2 cups coconut water
- Garnish: Fresh chunks of mango pineapple, shredded coconut and chia seeds
- Add all ingredients to blender in the order of appearance.
- Blend thoroughly on high speed for 1 minute until the mixture is completely smooth. If it is too thick or not blending well, you can add more coconut water or water.
- Taste and adjust the flavor as needed, by adding sweetener of choice for added sweetness.
- Top if off with fresh chunks of mango, pineapple, shredded coconut and chia seeds, if desired.
- Serve immediately for best flavor and consistency.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.