Take a tropical trip with this Piña Colada Smoothie made with fresh pineapples, banana and coconut milk - it's a refreshing and healthy take on the cocktail
Try this Piña Colada Smoothie made with pineapples, banana, coconut flakes and coconut milk. It’s sweet, satisfying and loaded with good-for-your fruits to make you feel nourished and refreshed.
Pina Colada Smoothie. It takes only a few minutes to whip up this delicious smoothie.
As the star attraction in this recipe, pineapples do deserve a lot of praise. Packed with unforgettable flavor and texture, they are also a unique source for bromelain. This is an enzyme with a long list of health benefits – key among them being that it aids digestion.
The recipe also calls for a frozen banana, and as you may already know, I make it a point to have them on hand at all times. If you did not chop your bananas before freezing, carefully make big chunks to ensure the best texture in your blender. Bananas are wonderful sources of potassium and fiber, as well as antioxidants.
The recipe also calls for coconut milk, and here too, you get a lot of health benefits. This low fat beverage is high in fiber, the B vitamins, and is entirely lactose free. It is also mineral dense with iron, calcium and magnesium in abundance. There is even a nice hit of sweetness thanks to the kiwi, and this adds a lot of vitamin C as well as fiber that supports digestion.
I highly recommend adding the shredded coconut and mint to the top, particularly if you already like pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain…well, you know I had to put that tune in your head!
I had a super ripe delicious pineapple and decided to chop it up and make a Piña Colada smoothie and viola – the most refreshing smoothie ever!
By the way, did you guys know that pineapple cores contain high levels of bromelain, an enzyme shown to be an effective anti-inflammatory, muscle relaxant, and digestive aid. Don’t throw that part out! Hey, you can totally even blend it in the smoothie.
For more healthy smoothies:
- Tahini Milkshake
- Strawberry Vanilla Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Superfood Smoothie
- Kale Smoothie
- Papaya Smoothie
- Pineapple Smoothie
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Piña Colada Smoothie recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Piña Colada Smoothie
- 1 cup pineapple chopped
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 banana chopped & frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened low-fat coconut milk
- 1 kiwi
- Topping: desiccated/shreded coconut and fresh mint
- Add all ingredients to blender in the order of appearance.
- Blend thoroughly on high speed for 1 minute until the mixture is completely smooth. If it is too thick or not blending well, you can add more coconut milk or coconut water.
- Taste and adjust the flavor as needed, by adding sweetener of choice for added sweetness.
- Serve immediately for best flavor and consistency, and top with shredded coconut.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.