This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Try this Piña Colada Smoothie made with pineapples, banana, coconut flakes and coconut milk. It’s sweet, satisfying and loaded with good-for-you fruits to make you feel nourished and refreshed.
Table of Contents
ingredients & substitutions
- Pineapple: As the star attraction in this recipe, pineapples are packed with unforgettable flavor and texture, they are also a unique source for bromelain that helps digestion.
- Bananas: Use overripe frozen bananas for the best taste and texture. That also means you don’t need to add ice, which can water down the smoothie.
- Coconut milk: This smoothie is made with coconut milk which adds a great sweetness. You can use other milks, dairy and plant-based, but they won’t have the same coconut flavor.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt helps to thicken the smoothie as well as add some additional protein to the drink. You can use plain yogurt or even sour cream as well.
- Shredded coconut: Use unsweetened shredded coconut for that delicious tropical taste!
how to make pina colada smoothie
It takes only a few minutes to whip up this delicious smoothie. It’s refreshing, fun and filled with good-for-you ingredients!
Just add the ingredients to a high speed blender, and blend til smooth and creamy.
Tips to make this recipe
- Use frozen bananas. When blended, frozen bananas help to create a creamier texture than non-frozen ones. It’s best to use overripe ones that are naturally sweeter in flavor.
- Use a high speed blender. There’s nothing worse than drinking a smoothie and getting a banana or pineapple chunk in your mouth. If you don’t have a high speed blender, stir it every once in a while with a long spoon to help the ingredients mix together, and blend it for an extra minute.
- Don’t use ice. Since we’re using frozen bananas, there’s no need for ice. This way the smoothie is cold from the frozen banana without tasting watered down from the ice. If you aren’t using frozen banana, it’s best to pour the smoothie over ice rather than blend it in.
- Add sweetener. Thanks to the banana, pineapple and coconut, this smoothie is naturally sweet. If you prefer it sweeter, add in a little honey or maple syrup to taste.
Frequently Asked Questions
Fresh fruit smoothies are best enjoyed as soon as you have made them. Once fruits are broken down, they start to oxidate and slowly start to lose some of their nutrients. If you can’t drink it right away, store it covered in the fridge and drink within 24 hours.
Coconut milk is best to use in this smoothie for a really nice coconut flavor for that perfect tropical taste. You can make this with more neutral milks as well like dairy, oat or almond.
This pina colada smoothie contains around 350 calories and a good amount of protein and fiber, so it can easily be enjoyed for breakfast. If you like, you can also add in some protein powder to give you more energy.
This pina colada smoothie is so quick and easy to make and the tropical flavors of banana, coconut and pineapple make it perfect for the summer. This is a pina colada you can feel good about sipping on!
For more healthy smoothies:
- Tahini Milkshake
- Strawberry Vanilla Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Superfood Smoothie
- Kale Smoothie
- Papaya Smoothie
- Pineapple Smoothie
If you try this healthy-ish feel good Piña Colada Smoothie recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
Piña Colada Smoothie
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 2 frozen bananas
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 ½ cup coconut milk carton
- Place all the ingredients in a blender in the order of appearance.
- Blend the ingredients in a high-speed blender for 2-3 minutes until you get a smooth and creamy texture.
- Taste the smoothie, adding more coconut milk if it is too thick or adding a sweetener of choice if it’s not sweet enough for you.
- Pour into a cup or mason jar. Enjoy cold immediately, or store in fridge for up to 24 hours.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.