Simple, fast, nutrient dense and an amazing shade of pink, this healthy Pomegranate Smoothie is made with only 5 ingredients- easy to whip up
This pomegranate smoothie is a fun winter smoothie recipe that bursting with nutrients and a vibrant pink color. Made with only a handful of ingredients, it’s fresh, full of fiber and fabulous. Plus, these the gorgeous pomegranate seeds just make everything more festive during the holidays.
Ingredients to make the smoothie:
- Pomegranate: Packed with vitamin C and a long list of antioxidants, pomegranate seeds and juice are full of anti-inflammatory compounds and plenty of healthy fiber.
- Raspberries: Raspberries add a great tang of freshness to this drink. They’re high in fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Orange Juice: Also packed with vitamin C, I use orange juice as the liquid of choice here because it’s also widely available during the winter when pomegranate is in season and the citrus flavor complements pomegranate so well.
- Banana: Bananas are a great source of fiber and will help to keep you feeling full.
- Greek Yogurt: I like to add a little yogurt to this pomegranate smoothie for a boost of protein. It also helps to create a creamy texture.
How to make a smoothie with pomegranate
Start by pouring the liquid into the blender. Having it at the bottom will help blend everything well. Add the fruits and greek yogurt and blend until smooth with no chunks of yogurt or fruit.
This pomegranate smoothie is simple, fast, nutrient dense and an amazing shade of pink to cheer up your winter days!
Tips to make this smoothie recipe
- Learn the best way to cut a pomegranate. I share a tutorial with step-by-step photos so that you can cut it efficiently with less waste.
- Use fresh or frozen fruit in this recipe. I always use a frozen banana in my smoothies as it makes the texture of the drink much more creamy. If you use fresh fruits, you may want to pour the smoothie over ice or add a couple of cubes into the blender.
- Use a high speed blender. If you don’t have a high speed blender, I recommend stirring it every once in a while with a long spoon and blending for an extra 1 minute. There’s nothing worse than getting a big chunk of banana while drinking a smoothie!
- Use overripe bananas. Smoothies are such a great way of using up bananas. I always buy extra and then freeze them once they have started to get black spots. They are naturally sweeter as well as being higher in antioxidants.
Frequently asked questions
This smoothie is best enjoyed as soon as it is made, once the fruits are blended, they start to lose their nutritional values. If you can’t have it right away, keep it covered in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Give the smoothie a stir before enjoying as the ingredients will have settled.
This smoothie is around 300 calories and has a good amount of protein and fiber to help keep you feeling full. If you want to bulk it up a bit more, you can blend in some oats or protein powder for even more goodness!
I find that this smoothie doesn’t need to have any sweetener, especially if you use ripe fruit which is naturally sweeter. A liquid sweetener can easily be stirred into the drink if it’s not sweet enough for you. Honey, maple syrup and stevia all work well.
For more healthy smoothies:
- Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie
- Mixed Berry Smoothie
- Strawberry Mango Smoothie
- Mango Banana Smoothie
- Banana Berry Smoothie
- Pitaya Smoothie
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Pomegranate Smoothie recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 banana
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup pomegranate arils plus more for serving
- Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender, and blend for 60-120 seconds until you get a smooth and creamy texture.
- Taste the smoothie, adding more milk if it is too thick or adding more sweetener if it’s not sweet enough for you. Pour into a cup or mason jar. Enjoy immediately, or store in fridge for up to 24 hours.