This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Skip the line at Starbucks and make this delicious pumpkin cream cold brew at home instead! Made with pumpkin spice and pumpkin puree, this cold coffee drink takes minutes to make and is perfect for the fall.
Ingredients & substitutions
- Coffee: Use cold brew coffee for this recipe, it is less acidic than iced coffee, through you can use iced coffee in a pinch.
- Half and half: Half and half has a nice creamy thickness to it, but is lower in calories and fat than cream. If you are feeling extra indulgent, then heavy cream is the way to go. For a plant-based version, you can use coconut creamer or barista style oat milk.
- Maple syrup: Used to naturally sweeten the cold coffee drink. Maple syrup has a more woody flavor than honey so it works great with the spices, though honey will work well if that’s what you have to hand. You can use monk fruit or stevia for a sugar-free alternative.
- Pumpkin puree: Use a pure pumpkin puree rather than one with any spices or sweeteners added.
- Pumpkin pie spice: Is it even a pumpkin coffee without pumpkin pie spice? The warming flavors from spices like cinnamon and nutmeg make this the perfect drink for fall.
How to make pumpkin cream
- Place the half and half, maple syrup, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl.
- Use a frother to combine the ingredients together.
- The pour it into the a tall glass of cold brew and enjoy!
Tips for making pumpkin cold brew
- Use heavy cream for a thicker consistency. Half and half is basically half cream and half milk, so it has the richness of heavy cream without the full amount of calories and fat and will be just as a delicious. You will need to add a 1-2 tablespoons of milk for every ¼ cup of heavy cream to loosen it so it doesn’t turn into whipped cream.
- Don’t use pumpkin pie filling. That’s because we’re adding maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice to the mixture and using the pie filling will make it too sweet.
- Make this drink without a frother. If you don’t have a frother, you can combine the ingredients together either in a French press, by plunging up and down a few times, or add the ingredients to a mason jar and shake together until well combined.
- Re-shake or whisk after it settles. When the mixture settles in the fridge, you may notice some separation which is completely normal. Just give it another good shake and it will be blended again.
Frequently asked questions
Half and half is used to make the pumpkin cream, it’s thick so it froths up really well. You can try to replace it with coconut cream, though the flavor of the drink will change a little. Oat milk froths up pretty well, but it won’t be as creamy.
This drink is best enjoyed as soon as you’ve made it – luckily it only takes a few minutes to make! If you do have any leftover pumpkin cream, it will keep well in the fridge for a few days, but you will need to froth it again before using.
Pumpkin pie spice is a ready made spice blend that is widely available in stores, if you don’t have any to hand, just add in a a few pinches each of ground ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon for a similar flavor.
This Starbucks inspired pumpkin cream cold brew recipe is so easy to make at home. Perfectly spiced and so creamy, this cold coffee drink is the perfect accompaniment this fall.
More pumpkin recipes:
- Vegan Pumpkin Pasta
- No-Bake Pumpkin Balls
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Easy Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
If you try this healthy-ish feel good Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- 1 cup half and half
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or to taste
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 cups cold brew coffee
- Place the half and half, maple syrup, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice in a mason jar. Close the mason jar securely and shake the mixture well for 1 minute until thick and foamy. You can alternatively use a frother.
- Fill a tall glass (about 12-16 ounces) with ice cubes, pour the cold brew mixture into the cup, leaving space for the pumpkin cream. Add some of the pumpkin cream mixture on top. Use a tall stirrer or straw to stir.