Chocolate Peppermint BarkJump To Recipe
- Serves: 20 servings
This Chocolate Peppermint Bark is a wonderful treat for the holidays that's super easy to make, very-kid friendly and perfect for gift-giving.
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Chocolate Peppermint Bark
When we got married 10 years ago, my husband bought a 278-piece tool set and I was so impressed. I thought “Score! This guy is going to be so handy around the house…it’s going to be amazing!” Cut to like a month later, I walk in and find my husband using one of my brand new knives to fix something. 278 pieces of tools and not one of them could do the job?! And his reaction was “Watch, one of these days you will need one of my tools to do something that one of your 278 kitchen appliances is supposed to do!” 10 years later, he sold that 278-piece tool set on Craigslist and downgraded to a 12-piece tool set fit for his needs. And last week he walked in to the kitchen and found me using his hammer to crush the peppermint for the making of this Chocolate Peppermint Bark. Busted!!
So warning…you may need to use a hammer for the candy crushing, but you can definitely also buy them crushed or use another kitchen tool haha! This chocolate peppermint bark just screams holidays! It’s so easy to make, perfect for gift-giving and it satisfies that sweet and “pepperminty” holiday cravings!
How to Make Chocolate Peppermint Bark (1 min.)
- 4 (3.5oz) good quality dark chocolate
- 4 (3.5oz) good quality white chocolate
- Peppermint candy of your choice, crushed
- Line a 9x12 pan with parchment paper. (You can also spray the pan with cooking spray so the parchment paper sticks perfectly to the pan).
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the dark chocolate until it is smooth and glossy, about 2-3 minutes. Then, pour the melted dark chocolate on the parchment paper and use a rubber spatula to spread it out evenly.
- In another microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate until it is smooth and glossy. Then pour the white chocolate on top of the dark chocolate and spread out evenly so the two layers are the same thickness.
- Crush the peppermints and sprinkle them on top of the white chocolate.
- Place in the refrigerator to harden for 2 hours, then break the candy into pieces and enjoy!