There’s nothing quite like the Williams Sonoma Peppermint Bark – it comes out once a year and it’s classic, comforting and pretty unforgettable. If you look at it, there’s a layer of dark chocolate, a layer of white chocolate and then crushed peppermint. Hmmm…that can’t be that hard to do! No, it wasn’t hard at all and the taste actually comes quite close to the original recipe.
Three Easy Steps to Make Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- Melt your favorite dark chocolate, pour into sheet pan and freeze it.
- Melt your favorite white chocolate and pour it over the dark chocolate.
- Crush peppermint candy and sprinkle it on top of the white chocolate, then freeze it.
After 2 hours, it’s all ready to go and you can break the bark and enjoy it!
This chocolate peppermint bark just screams holidays! It’s so easy to make, perfect for gift-giving and it satisfies that sweet and “pepperminty” holiday cravings!
Funny story…When we got married 10 years ago, my husband bought a 278-piece tool set and I was so impressed. I thought “Score! This guy is going to be so handy around the house…it’s going to be amazing!” Cut to like a month later, I walk in and find my husband using one of my brand new knives to fix something. 278 pieces of tools and not one of them could do the job?!
And his reaction was “Watch, one of these days you will need one of my tools to do something that one of your 278 kitchen appliances is supposed to do!” 10 years later, he sold that 278-piece tool set on Craigslist and downgraded to a 12-piece tool set fit for his needs. And last week he walked in to the kitchen and found me using his hammer to crush the peppermint for the making of this Chocolate Peppermint Bark. Busted!!
So warning…you may need to use a hammer for the candy crushing, but you can definitely also buy them crushed or use another kitchen tool haha!
Anyways, I hope you love this healthy-ish feelgood Chocolate Peppermint Bark recipe. If you make it, please leave me a comment telling me how you like it, or use hashtag #feelgoodfoodie on Instagram so I can see your recreations
For more peppermint flavored desserts, check out some of these recipes:
- 4 3.5oz good quality dark chocolate
- 4 3.5oz good quality white chocolate
- Peppermint candy of your choice crushed
- Line a 9x12 pan with parchment paper. (You can also spray the pan with cooking spray so the parchment paper sticks perfectly to the pan).
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the dark chocolate until it is smooth and glossy, about 2-3 minutes. Then, pour the melted dark chocolate on the parchment paper and use a rubber spatula to spread it out evenly.
- In another microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate until it is smooth and glossy. Then pour the white chocolate on top of the dark chocolate and spread out evenly so the two layers are the same thickness.
- Crush the peppermints and sprinkle them on top of the white chocolate.
- Place in the refrigerator to harden for 2 hours, then break the candy into pieces and enjoy!