2-Ingredient Homemade Strawberry SauceJump To Recipe
- Serves: 4 servings
2-Ingredient Homemade Strawberry Sauce that’s oven-roasted for a convenient, easy and sweet sauce to use on oatmeal, pancakes, ice cream, waffles or cake!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
2-Ingredient Homemade Strawberry Sauce
What’s better than store-bought strawberry sauce? 2-Ingredient Homemade Strawberry Sauce! The conventional way to make strawberry sauce is to heat up strawberries in a pan with sugar, a splash of lemon and vanilla extract. But that takes time to actively stir and nurse the strawberries. So I thought, why not just toss it all in the oven and see what happens? Well, sweet, juicy deliciousness happens! All you have to do is slice the strawberries however you’d like and toss them with some sugar in a pan. Then, pop them in the oven and smell the sweetness! Or just look at this sweetness…
You can have another look…you’re welcome 😉
I love this strawberry sauce because it’s super versatile and you can eat it with pancakes, ice cream, waffles, cake or whatever. Of course I chose to eat it with probably the seemingly most boring option…oatmeal! But hey, it livened up my breakfast and rocked my oatmeal to another level!
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 1 lb strawberries hulled
- 2-4 tbsp cane sugar or granulated sugar or brown sugar, depending on how sweet you'd like it
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Slice the strawberries in half or in quarter depending on their size.
- Place the strawberries in an 8x8 baking dish or any oven-safe dish of your choice. Sprinkle the sugar over the strawberries and toss to coat.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, stirring somewhere during the halfway point. The strawberries are done when they look soft and the juice is thick and bubbly.
- You can serve warm immediately, or cool completely and store in an airtight container in the fridge. It should last one week in the fridge.
- The Nutrition information is only for the strawberry sauce and does not include the oatmeal.