What’s better than store-bought strawberry sauce? 2-Ingredient Strawberry Sauce! The conventional way to make strawberry sauce is to heat up strawberries in a pan with sugar, a splash of lemon and vanilla extract. But that takes time to actively stir and nurse the strawberries. So I thought, why not just toss it all in the oven and see what happens? Well, sweet, juicy deliciousness happens! All you have to do is slice the strawberries however you’d like and toss them with some sugar in a pan. Then, pop them in the oven and smell the sweetness! Or just look at this sweetness…
You can have another look…you’re welcome 😉
I love this strawberry sauce because it’s super versatile and you can eat it with pancakes, ice cream, waffles, cake or whatever. Of course I chose to eat it with probably the seemingly most boring option…oatmeal! But hey, it livened up my breakfast and rocked my oatmeal to another level!
Enjoy this 2-Ingredient Strawberry Sauce with:
- Vegan French Toast
- Breakfast Quinoa Oatmeal
- Easy Overnight Oats
- Baked Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Oat Flour Pancakes
- Banana Pancake Dippers
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good 2-Ingredient Strawberry Sauce recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
2-Ingredient Strawberry Sauce
- 1 lb strawberries hulled
- 2-4 tbsp cane sugar or granulated sugar or brown sugar, depending on how sweet you'd like it
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Slice the strawberries in half or in quarter depending on their size.
- Place the strawberries in an 8x8 baking dish or any oven-safe dish of your choice. Sprinkle the sugar over the strawberries and toss to coat.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, stirring somewhere during the halfway point. The strawberries are done when they look soft and the juice is thick and bubbly.
- You can serve warm immediately, or cool completely and store in an airtight container in the fridge. It should last one week in the fridge.
- The Nutrition information is only for the strawberry sauce and does not include the oatmeal.