This Strawberry S'mores recipe is a twist on the classic s'mores summer snack but with added strawberries - a quick dessert recipe that is very kid-friendly
Ok, I know s’mores are a total summer thing, but have you actually made a s’mores with freezing cold hands while your teeth jittered and you snuggled up to a fire hoping that marshmallow on your stick takes forever to roast so you can stay close to the fire for as long as possible? That was basically my kids’ first experience with s’mores and it was last winter when we were in Vermont skiing (or pretending to know how to ski technically).
We were braving it in the cold with the kids for about 2 hours and we took a break by a fire pit at the resort we were staying at, and made our own s’mores. We had sticky fingers, chocolate on our noses and we didn’t want it any other way! That’s when my kids fell in love with s’mores! For me, the relationship is a mature and strong one…OBV.
But I’ve never thought about messing with the perfect combination of chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows until I saw some trends on Pinterest that included all kinds of cool variations. One of them was this Strawberry S’mores and I had to try it. Let me just tell you, the original combination will always take the cake…BUT…big but here….WOW…adding fresh fruit to the mix totally knocked my socks off! It was sweet, refreshing and a perfect compliment to the classic s’mores recipe.
What I did was place a piece of dark chocolate on one cracker, some thinly sliced strawberries on another cracker.
Then my husband roasted the marshmallows on the grill and placed them right in between the chocolate and strawberries.
You get the idea from there! Like OMG-deliciousness!
Don’t worry if summer’s ending, you can (and should) still make this any day of the year, even if you have to pop the marshmallows in your toaster oven or microwave and pretend you’re at a ski lodge in the middle of winter…cuz you know that’s what we’re gonna be doing!
For more summer treats:
- Almond Joy Ice Cream
- Watermelon Pizza
- White Chocolate Popsicles
- Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Strawberries & Cream Parfaits
If you’ve tried this feel good Strawberry S’mores recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
- 3 marshmallows I used the jumbo square ones
- 3 Honey Grahams broken crosswise in half (yields 6 squares)
- 1-2 oz dark chocolate squares I used Hershey's
- 3 strawberries thin sliced
- Place the dark chocolate on 3 of the graham cracker squares.
- Place the strawberry slices on the remaining graham cracker squares.
- Roast the marshmallows until lightly browned and melted inside. (You can do this on your grill, toaster oven or even microwave on High for 15 -20 seconds or until marshmallow puffs.)
- Place the roasted marshmallow on top of the strawberries and top it with the second graham cracker and dark chocolate.
- Press the top graham cracker lightly to secure. Enjoy immediately!