Dark Chocolate Strawberry S’moresJump To Recipe
- Serves: 3
This Dark Chocolate Strawberry S'mores is a twist on the classic s'mores summer snack but with added strawberries for a fresh, sweet & utterly divine treat!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Dark Chocolate Strawberry S’mores
Ok, I know s’mores are a total summer thing, but have you actually made a s’mores with freezing cold hands while your teeth jittered and you snuggled up to a fire hoping that marshmallow on your stick takes forever to roast so you can stay close to the fire for as long as possible? That was basically my kids’ first experience with s’mores and it was last winter when we were in Vermont skiing (or pretending to know how to ski technically). We were braving it in the cold with the kids for about 2 hours and we took a break by a fire pit at the resort we were staying at, and made our own s’mores. We had sticky fingers, chocolate on our noses and we didn’t want it any other way! That’s when my kids fell in love with s’mores! For me, the relationship is a mature and strong one…OBV.
But I’ve never thought about messing with the perfect combination of chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows until I saw some trends on pinterest that included all kinds of cool variations. One of them was this Dark Chocolate Strawberry S’mores and I had to try it. Let me just tell you, the original combination will always take the cake…BUT…big but here….WOW…adding fresh fruit to the mix totally knocked my socks off! It was sweet, refreshing and a perfect compliment to the classic s’mores recipe.
What I did was place a piece of dark chocolate on one cracker, some thinly sliced strawberries on another cracker.
Then my husband roasted the marshmallows on the grill and placed them right in between the dark chocolate and strawberries.
You get the idea from there! Like OMG-deliciousness!
It was an extremely messy photo shoot, but finger-licking good (literally and figuratively!)
Don’t worry if summer’s ending, you can (and should) still make this any day of the year, even if you have to pop the marshmallows in your toaster oven or microwave and pretend you’re at a ski lodge in the middle of winter…cuz you know that’s what we’re gonna be doing!
- 3 marshmallows (I used the jumbo square ones)
- 3 Honey Grahams, broken crosswise in half (yields 6 squares)
- 1-2 oz dark chocolate squares (I used Hershey's)
- 3 strawberries, thin sliced
- Place the dark chocolate on 3 of the graham cracker squares.
- Place the strawberry slices on the remaining graham cracker squares.
- Roast the marshmallows until lightly browned and melted inside. (You can do this on your grill, toaster oven or even microwave on High for 15 -20 seconds or until marshmallow puffs.)
- Place the roasted marshmallow on top of the strawberries and top it with the second graham cracker and dark chocolate.
- Press the top graham cracker lightly to secure. Enjoy immediately!