This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Nothing beats the classic combination of melted chocolate, toasted marshmallows and crunchy graham crackers, but the addition of strawberry to smores makes them better! This is such a fun summertime treat that you can make in your oven to enjoy all year!
- Grahams crackers: Hands down, Graham crackers are the best choice for smores. They are slightly sweet and have the perfect crunch to them.
- Chocolate: I love Hershey’s for my smores as it’s not overly sweet, it’s also super easy to break into squares to add to the crackers. Most other chocolate bars will work well too, and you can use dark or white chocolate if you prefer.
- Marshmallows: Use large marshmallows rather than the mini ones for an even layer throughout the smores.
- Strawberries: Strawberries turn this favorite treat into something even better! Use fresh and ripe strawberries that are hulled and sliced.
How to make strawberry smores
- Break the Graham crackers in half.
- Top with pieces of the chocolate bar.
- Add sliced strawberries.
- Place a marshmallow on top.
- Broil to melt the marshmallows.
- Place a Graham cracker half on top and enjoy!
Recipe Notes and Tips
- Mix up your chocolate. A Hershey bar is the traditional and delicious choice for smores, but we’ve seen recipes using mint thins and even peanut butter cups, both of which will work great with the strawberries in this recipe!
- Don’t use too much chocolate. although it’s always tempting to add more chocolate, it’s best not to add more than suggested. If you double stack it, it won’t all melt, and more squares will likely create a big mess in your oven!
- Broil the strawberry smores on a lined baking sheet. Don’t put them straight on to a rack as the chocolate can drip down as it melts.
- Keep your eye on them. The marshmallows will start to brown very quickly, so watch them carefully so that they don’t burn.
Frequently Asked Questions
These strawberry smores are best enjoyed as soon as they are made so that the chocolate and marshmallow are nice and gooey. You can layer them up and keep them covered for a few hours til you are ready to melt them.
Graham crackers are perfect for smores as they are nice and thin, not too sweet and have a great crunch. Saltines make a good substitute and we’ve also seen recipes using Ritz crackers, digestive biscuits, and even Pringles!
Strawberries work so well with the chocolate and marshmallow, but most other fruits will work well. Other berries like raspberries and blueberries work great.
These strawberry smores are such a great summer treat that the whole family will love. So simple to make, but all kinds of delicious!
For more summer treats:
- Almond Joy Ice Cream
- Watermelon Pizza
- Strawberries & Cream Parfaits
- Avocado Ice Cream
- No Bake Cheesecake Cups
If you try this healthy-ish feel good Strawberry S’mores recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
- 6 graham crackers
- 1 Hershey’s chocolate bar
- 6 large marshmallows
- 6 large strawberries hulled and sliced
- Heat your grill over medium heat or turn your oven to broil. Line a quarter sheet baking tray with parchment paper.
- Break graham crackers in half and place on a quarter sheet baking tray.
- Break up chocolate bars in two piece chunks and center them on the graham crackers.
- Top each with sliced strawberries, followed by a marshmallow.
- Broil until the marshmallow melts, about 1-2 minutes, keeping a close eye on them since they can burn quickly.
- Once the marshmallows are toasted to your liking, remove the pan and press another graham cracker square down on each stack.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.