This Cranberry Lemon Muffins is easy-to-follow, healthy, and wholesome. So why not give it a try? What I love about it is that you can use frozen cranberries from Thanksgiving or Christmas, and pop the mixture in the oven for less than 20 minutes.
It’s so quick to make in case you have last minute guests during the holiday season or want to make a homemade special treat for breakfast while the kids are out of school. The mixture of the lemon with the milk gives it a zesty flavor that compliments the taste of the cranberries and the sweet cane sugar. Get ready for your house to smell heavenly and yummy!
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Cranberry Lemon Muffins recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
For more muffins recipes, check out:
Cranberry Lemon Muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat unbleached flour
- 1 1/4 cups cane sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup cranberries halved
- 1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line 18 (12+6) muffin cups with silicone or paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a measuring cup, squeeze lemon juice, then add the milk and mix well. Add eggs to the lemon/milk mixture, and beat. Then add coconut oil and mix.
- Pour dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix until just well-combined without over mixing, then fold in cranberries. Fill the paper-lined muffin cups with the mixture 3/4 of the way full and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.