It’s almost March and I realized I still had a bag of frozen cranberries from Christmas! That’s what happens when you buy the jumbo bag from Costco and plan 47 recipes with cranberries in your head, when in reality only two get made! Well, I squeezed in one more this weekend while we’re still technically in the winter season (although this spring fling weather has me thinking otherwise!) – White Chocolate Lemon Cranberry Cake! Oh yeah!
Does this sound (or look) kinda familiar? It’s because it’s a similar recipe to the Cranberry Lemon Muffins I made during the holidays. I just made it in a cake pan instead of muffin pan and drizzled some melted white chocolate goodness on top. Love this recipe, it’s so versatile and delicious and the soft texture is addicting!
Try it, Love it, Share it!
White Chocolate Lemon Cranberry Cake
- 2 cups whole wheat unbleached flour
- 1¼ cups cane sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup cranberries halved
- 3.5 oz white chocolate melting wafers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9x9 pan with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a measuring cup, squeeze lemon juice, then add the milk and mix well. Add eggs to the lemon/milk mixture, and beat. Then add coconut oil and mix.
- Pour dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix until just well-combined without over mixing, then fold in cranberries. Fill the prepared pan with the mixture and smooth out the edge with the back of a spatula
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
- Place white chocolate wafers in a microwave safe cup, bowl or ramekin and microwave them on half power for 30 seconds.Check progress and continue to heat in 15 second intervals until heated and smooth when stirred.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the melted chocolate over the cake using a back and forth wrist flick motion.