This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Liven up your humble omelette with this easy and fun recipe! This inside out omelette is all cooked in one pan and is so deliciously cheesy! Made with a few simple ingredients, it’s ready to enjoy in minutes.
Ingredients & substitutions
- Eggs: This recipe use two eggs, so it’s great for a breakfast, lunch or brunch for one.
- Cheese: The shredded cheddar cheese is added to the pan first and then folded over the cooked eggs. This recipe is made with cheddar, but mozzarella or a blend of good melting cheeses can also be used.
- Salt & Pepper
- Toppings: Top your omelette with cherry tomatoes and a sprinkle of fresh parsley. Feel free to get creative with your toppings; sauteed mushrooms, avocado or baby spinach will all work well.
How to make inside out omelette
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese in the skillet.
- Pour the beaten eggs as soon as the cheese begins to melt.
- Cook until the eggs set.
- Flip the omelette in half and serve.
Tips for making the recipe
- Make sure your eggs are fresh. Drop them in a bowl of water, if they sink to the bottom they are fresh and good to use, discard any that float to the top.
- Use a non-stick skillet. Cheese getting stuck is no joke! If you use a good non-stick skillet, you won’t need to spray it with any oil.
- Beat together the eggs really well. This will ensure an even texture throughout.
- Don’t add more eggs. Omelettes are meant to be single serve, if you add more than two eggs they will be tricky to cook all the way through and you risk burning the cheese.
Frequently asked questions
This inside out omelette is best enjoyed as soon as it’s made so that the eggs are nice and fluffy. If you do have leftovers they can be reheated in the microwave.
Yes! This is a great low carb breakfast and is a great option if you you follow a keto diet. It’s also gluten-free and vegetarian.
This fun omelette is great to serve as breakfast brunch, lunch or even dinner with your favorite toppings and sides. When it comes to toppings, add and veggies or proteins you want, or for a fuller meal, pair it with a fresh salad or even some roasted potatoes.
This Tik Tok trending inside out omelette is a true keeper! Ready to serve in minutes and just a couple of main ingredients, this is one delicious low carb breakfast!
More egg recipes:
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Inside Out Omelette recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Inside Out Omelette
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¾ -1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cherry tomatoes quartered, for serving
- Chopped parsley for serving
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Crack and beat eggs with water in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese to the entire surface of the pan. When the cheese starts to melt, pour the whisked eggs on top of the cheese.
- Lower the heat to low, and tilt and rotate the skillet to allow the eggs to cover the cheese and to cook through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Place a spatula under half the omelette and fold over. Slide onto a plate, season with salt and pepper, and serve with tomatoes and parsley, if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.