Garlic Parmesan Roasted PotatoesJump To Recipe
These Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes are perfectly baked in the oven to be crisp on the outside and tender on the inside with a rich and garlicky flavor. Pair them with some chicken and vegetables for a fabulous side dish that everyone will love!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
Potatoes are such party pleasers! Roast them in the oven for a crispy-on-the-outside, tender-on-the-inside texture and your dinner party guests will be beyond pleased! This Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes recipe is my go-to side-dish recipe when I’m having Italian theme dinner at my house. I’ve made it easily 15 times since I’ve been married (which is basically when I started cooking).
I think it’s one of the best potato side dish recipes ever and here’s why:
- It uses staple ingredients that everyone has… [check]
- After the potatoes are cut, it’s takes 30 minutes only to roast [check]
- It pairs well with so many dishes! [check]
You can totally prep the Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes in advance and have it ready to be roasted 30 minutes before your guests arrive, just so you can kill them with that savory garlicky cheesy smell oozing from the piping hot oven! Yeah, they’ll pretty much be able to smell the garlic from the driveway. But that’s a good problem…right?!
To make these potatoes, you can use any potatoes of choice, but I love using red potatoes and keeping the skin on them. Wash the potatoes well, dry them and then cut them into quarters and place them right in your baking dish.
Then just toss them with olive oil, minced garlic, grated Parmesan cheese and dried thyme (or Italian seasoning works really well) and they’ll be ready for the oven.
Give a a good stir or two when it’s in the oven to make sure all the sides get that crunch factor. When the Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes come out of the oven, I like to garnish them with fresh chopped parsley right before I serve. Then you can pair this easy side dish with anything you’d like, or just dip them in some ketchup and call it dinner if you want! Haha
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 2 lb bag of red potatoes, washed/quartered
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Toss the potatoes in the baking dish with the olive oil, minced garlic, parmesan cheese and italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 400° F for about 30-45 minutes until potatoes are golden brown and look crisp on the outside.
- Garnish with parsley, if you desire, and enjoy warm from the oven.