Crispy Oven Baked French FriesJump To Recipe
- Serves: 4 servings
Crispy Oven Baked French Fries Author: Yumna J. This crispy oven-baked french fries make you forget all about deep fried french fries. They're crispy, delicious and healthy for the ultimate side dish.
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Crispy Oven Baked French Fries
I admit…I’ve never actually fried potatoes before! I’ve just always baked fries in the oven, and if they’re crispy, tasty and healthy, I ain’t got no reason to try the less healthy version. This recipe is super simple to make and pairs wonderfully with burgers, steaks or whatever.
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 3-4 russet potatoes, scrubbed clean and dried
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees.
- Peel potatoes, and cut into ¼ inch thick strips.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour the flour into ziplock bag and add the fries to the bag. Shake the bag well to coat the fries and then transfer the fries without the excess flour into a bowl.
- Add the olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder to the bowl of flour-coated fries and toss to coat. Add fries plus a generous drizzle of oil and sea salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss to coat.
- Arrange fries a single layer on the baking sheet, making sure they aren’t touching too much. This is key in helping the cook evenly and get crispy.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, tossing/flipping at the halfway point to ensure even baking.
- When the fries are finished, remove from oven, sprinkle again with sea salt and fresh parsley, and enjoy with ketchup or your favorite dip.