This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Learn how to make the most perfect oven baked chicken breast every single time with this easy and simple recipe. Perfectly seasoned, the chicken comes out wonderfully juicy and crisp and loaded with flavor.
How to bake chicken breast in oven
Pound the chicken so that they are even in thickness. You can do this in a plastic bag or just place the chicken on a cutting board with plastic wrap over the chicken.
- Place the seasoning in a medium sized bowl that will be large enough to fit the chicken breast.
- Add the olive oil and whisk to combine and the spices are evenly distributed.
- Add the chicken breasts.
- Toss to coat the chicken in the spices. It may be easiest to use your hands to toss them evenly or small tongs.
Bake chicken in preheated oven until cooked through. Then, place under the broiler for a couple minutes until golden brown. The broiler step really makes a difference but you have to watch it super closely so don’t go far!
Tips for baking chicken breast
- Pound the chicken before coating it in the spices. Flattening the breasts help them to cook evenly so they all finish cooking at the same time. But it also helps to tenderize the meat.
- Space out the chicken breast on the pan. Make sure to use a pan wide enough to fit the chicken breasts. Otherwise the chicken will steam in its own juices rather than sear and brown.
- Bring the chicken to room temperature before cooking it. Bring the chicken out of the fridge 30 minutes before you want to cook it. If the chicken is cold, it will take longer to cook all the way through and the outside can overcook. It will also seize up when in the oven which can make it dry and tough.
- Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before slicing or serving. This allows the juices to redistribute and you won’t have dry chicken.
What do you serve with oven baked chicken
This is such a great way to cook chicken and versatile enough to add to roasted veggies, potatoes, rice or quinoa or even a large salad. I love to serve this baked chicken with a fresh salad when I’m looking for something light and fresh. Try it with:
Frequently asked questions
If you don’t plan on eating the chicken straight away, or you have leftovers, it will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. I love to add the leftovers to a fresh green salad for an easy lunch.
Yes you can, but you need to do it at a low temperature so that it doesn’t dry out. Cook it in a preheated oven at 220°F for about 20 minutes until warmed through. But, be sure to only reheat the chicken once.
The easiest way to tell when your chicken breast is cooked through is to use an instant read thermometer, it should register at 165°F.
More chicken recipes
- Chicken Burger
- Grilled Chicken Gyros
- Chicken and Quinoa Bowl
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Chicken Shawarma
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Lebanese Freekeh with Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Chicken Taco Cups
- Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken
- Thai Peanut Chicken Stir Fry
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Oven Baked Chicken Breast recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Oven Baked Chicken Breast
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pound chicken using a rolling pin or meat mallet so they have even thickness.
- Combine the paprika, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper and olive oil in a large bowl. Place the chicken in the bowl and toss to combine so the chicken is evenly coated with the seasoning all around.
- Bake chicken in preheated oven for 16-18 minutes, or until internal temperature is 165°F.
- For more golden brown color, broil on high heat for 2 minutes. Allow chicken to rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes before serving or cutting.
- To serve, drizzle pan juices over the chicken and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.