This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Breakfast just got tasty with these mini English muffin pizzas! Topped with eggs, pizza sauce and your other favorite toppings, these muffins are a fun way to start your day and are ready to enjoy within minutes.
Ingredients & substitutions
- English Muffins: This is the base of the breakfast pizza that replaces traditional pizza dough. If you don’t like english muffins, try it with bagels instead!
- Eggs: The scrambled eggs provide the main protein in these pizzas. You can make it with fried, poached or even boiled eggs. If you prefer a vegan version, try a vegetable hash instead of eggs.
- Pizza sauce: You can use your favorite brand of pizza sauce for this recipe. Marinara sauce also works well.
- Cheese: I use shredded mozzarella to get that stringy pizza texture. Most melty shredded cheeses will work well.
- Toppings: I used sliced olives, oregano, basil and crushed red pepper, but you can use any of your favorite pizza toppings!
How to make breakfast pizzas
- Make the scrambled eggs and place on top of each muffin half.
- Top with pizza sauce and mozzarella.
- Place olives and oregano on top and broil until the cheese has melted.
Tips for making pizza with english muffins
- Undercook the scrambled eggs slightly. That’s because they will be broiling in the oven for a couple minutes with the cheese. Undercooking them helps to ensure that they’re not rubbery and dry when serving.
- Mix up your toppings. You can easily make these muffin pizzas with your other favorite toppings. Pineapple or pepperoni slices both work great!
- Keep your eye on the muffins under the broiler. They only require a couple of minutes of cooking time, so watch them to make sure that the cheese doesn’t burn.
Frequently asked questions
These mini breakfast pizzas are best enjoyed as soon as they are made so that the eggs are nice and fresh. If they are made too far ahead the muffins can get soggy. If you do have leftovers, you ca reheat them in the oven for a couple of minutes to warm them through.
These pizza muffins are great by themselves, but I also love to enjoy them as a brunch with a sliced avocado or a fresh side salad. They’re also a great option when you need a super quick dinner!
I don’t toast the muffins before adding the toppings, but if you want a bit more crunch, you can lightly toast them first. If you do, don’t overdo it as the edges can burn when you broil them.
These easy breakfast pizzas are perfect for the whole family. You can easily pick you favorite toppings and they are a great way to get some protein into the start of your day!
More egg recipes for breakfast:
- Avocado Toast with Egg
- Breakfast Egg Cups
- Hash Brown Egg Nests
- Low Carb Egg Wrap
- Vegetarian Egg Boat
- Cloud Eggs
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Breakfast English Muffin Pizzas recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
Breakfast English Muffin Pizza
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 2 whole-grain English muffins
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sliced olives
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- Crushed red pepper optional
- Heat butter in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Whisk the eggs in a small bowl, then carefully pour into the center of the pan. When the edges start to set, start to gently fold the eggs until the eggs are cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the eggs into 4 sides of whole grain English muffins. Layer pizza sauce on top, add shredded mozzarella and sliced olives and sprinkle with dried oregano.
- Broil on high until the cheese melts, about 1-2 minutes. Top with fresh basil and crushed red pepper, and enjoy immediately.