It's so easy to make quiche from scratch! This broccoli and cheese quiche is made with cheddar cheese and is a perfect weekend brunch recipe.
Perfect for lunches and brunches, this broccoli and cheese quiche is easy to make from scratch. Made with cheddar cheese and fresh broccoli, this vegetarian quiche is great for meal prep!
How to make Broccoli Cheese Quiche
Mix the custard
- Whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Add in the cheese and seasonings.
- Add the broccoli florets and stir to combine.
Prepare the pie crust & bake
- Press the pie crust into a dish and prick the base with a fork.
- Place parchment on top of the crust, fill with baking weights (like dried beans) and bake.
- Remove the weights and bake until just brown.
- Fill the crust with the cheese and broccoli mix and bake.
- You’ll know it’s done when the cheese is melted, crust is golden brown and the egg mixture is set in the middle. Make sure to let it rest for a few minutes before slicing into.
Tips for making the recipe well
- Make sure the the broccoli florets are very dry before using. This will create the best custard consistency without any excess moisture.
- Feel free to use dry beans or rice instead of baking weights to weigh down the base for the blind baking process. These beans cannot be used for cooking afterwards, but can be reused as baking weights.
- Use a food processor to quickly chop the broccoli. This helps to speed up the process compared to chopped with a knife and creates more finely chopped pieces of broccoli. You can then set the broccoli aside and also combine the custard mixture right in the food processor.
- Make sure that your eggs are fresh.Place your eggs in a bowl of water, if they sink to the bottom they are fresh and good to use.
Frequently asked questions
Once you have made the quiche, wrap it in plastic wrap and foil and place in the fridge. It will keep well for up to 5 days. I recommend wrapping it in both plastic wrap and foil to help to lock in the moisture and protect it from taking on other odors in the fridge.
Yes! You can freeze this quiche either baked or unbaked.
Unbaked: Place the quiche in the freezer and allow the filling to turn solid. Place in a freezer bag and it will keep well for up to 1 month. Cook straight from frozen, adding 10 minutes to the baking time.
Baked: Let the quiche cool completely, freeze solid and then transfer to a freezer bag. It will keep well for up to 3 months. Warm the frozen quiche in the oven at 325F for 25 minutes until warmed through.
This homemade quiche recipe is such a great one to have ready to bake when you’re looking for a new savory breakfast idea. It’s easy to make with just a few ingredients, and there’s always one in my freezer that I can pull out for a weekend brunch!
More brunch recipes to try:
- Hash Brown Egg Nests
- Mediterranean Frittata
- Strawberries and Cream French Toast
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Shakshuka with Feta
- Baked Eggs in Avocado
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Broccoli and Cheese Recipe recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Broccoli and Cheese Quiche
- 1 9" prepared pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 cups small chopped broccoli florets
- Line a pie pan with the pie crust. Press gently to fill the corners and extend the crust all the way to the edge. Crimp the edge. Prick the base with a fork several times and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line the crust with parchment and fill with baking weights, rice or dry beans. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove the parchment and weights and bake for another 10 minutes until barely starting to brown on the edges.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Add the cheese, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and chopped broccoli. Stir to combine.
- In the partially baked crust, transfer the custard and broccoli mixture in an even layer.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the crust on the edge is brown and the center is just set.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- You can add in any other vegetables you have to hand.
- Feel free to replace the cheese with any other you’d like.