Tomato Avocado Cucumber SaladJump To Recipe
- Serves: 4
The perfect summer salad doesn't get any easier than this Tomato Avocado Cucumber Salad - made with only 4 simple ingredients and a flavorful red wine vinaigrette! This is an easy salad that comes together so quickly and always a crowd favorite. Its healthy and packed with energy-boosting Vitamin C from the tomatoes!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Tomato Avocado Cucumber Salad
Who said salads need lettuce? They don’t!
This was earth-shattering for me when I “discovered it” in the first year I learned to cook. Real “earth shattering” information, huh? Hahaha
I love throwing together simple quick salads like this Tomato Avocado Cucumber Salad.
There is some chopping required to get everything perfectly bite-sized (and kid-sized) for this tomato avocado cucumber salad. But hey, just whip out whatever Netflix show you’re currently binge watching, chop up the heirloom tomatoes, cucumbers, onion and avocado and toss them all in the world’s easiest salad dressing made with only olive oil and red wine vinegar.
Ok, you’ll also need salt and pepper, but that’s always a given.
And just like that…you’ve consumed 10 extra minutes of your latest Netflix affliction (oh wait, you watched more than 10 minutes after you finished chopping, didn’t you?!) and made the best summer salad ever.
Now you can enjoy your creation…and continue watching your show because you saved time not having to wash and chop lettuce! You’re welcome.
Watch How to Make This Tomato Avocado Cucumber Salad
Other “Lettuce-Less” Salads I Love:
- 2 pints Heirloom medley cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 Persian cucumbers, cut lengthwise then halved
- 1/2 small red onion, small diced
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk the salad dressing ingredients - olive oil, red wine vinegar, kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper - until well incorporated.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumbers, onion and avocado to the large bowl of dressing.
- Using a small spoon, slowly mix the salad until it is well coated without mashing the avocados.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Make Ahead: You can make the dressing up to 7 days in advance and you can prepare most of the salad up to 1 day in advance. Just add the avocados and the dressing when you’re ready to toss it.
- Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container for no more than 2 days since the avocado will brown by then.