As much as I’ve eaten caprese salads, I’m always ordering them again and again at restaurants. They are so light, refreshing and flavorful. Add some avocado to the mix, and it adds a creamy dreamy taste that pairs so well with this Italian classic appetizer.
When I make my Avocado Caprese Salad, I like having equal parts of pearl mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and avocado. But this time I doubled the cherry tomatoes because I found the most beautiful orange and red ones!
Once you top the dish with the fresh basil and the easy 3-ingredient dressing, it comes together so beautifully and it’s hard to resist just eating out of the serving bowl!
But if you’re patient enough for the toasted sourdough bread and eat them together, it’s even more magical! This is a great party appetizer dish that everyone is familiar with and will love the surprise avocado in there!
More similar salad recipes
- Caprese Pasta Salad with Pesto
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Avocado Pasta Salad
- Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes
- Tomato Caprese Salad
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Avocado Caprese Salad recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Avocado Caprese Salad
- 8 oz pearl mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz red cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz orange cherry tomatoes
- 1 and 1/2 avocado pitted and cubed
- Fresh basil cut into chiffonade (long strips, or cut as you desire)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Assemble the mozzarella cheese, red and orange cherry tomatoes and avocado in a serving dish.
- Top with the chiffonade basil.
- Whisk the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Serve as is or with toasted sourdough bread