This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Get organized with your breakfasts, lunches and dinners with these easy meal prep recipes. Whether you want to stay on top of health goals or want to spend less time in the kitchen, meal prep is the key to succeeding! Check out all my top tips and favorite meal prep recipes!
If you don’t look forward to meal times and are always asking yourself, “what should I make for dinner tonight” then meal prepping could be the answer you’ve been looking for!
Whether you are on a specific diet, have a picky family to feed, or simply want to know what you are going to be eating for dinner, then learning how to effectively and consistently meal prep is key.
These meal prep recipes can help you eat healthier because you always know that there is something waiting for you, and shopping is way less stressful because you know exactly what you need to pick up. No more last-minute runs to the store to grab those ingredients you forgot to buy!
You’re going to love these easy meal prep recipes that will take the stress out of your daily meals, and most importantly, they are all delicious!
Why Meal Prep?
- Helps you reduce stress and time in the kitchen. Having meal ideas minimizes stress, allowing you to focus on what matters without the added pressure of last-minute meal preparation. Meal prepping saves you valuable time during busy weekdays by having ready-to-eat or easily prepared meals available.
- Allows you to make healthier choices. Planning and preparing meals in advance helps you make healthier choices. You have full control over the ingredients and portions and minimize the chance of getting another take-out.
- Reduce food waste and save money. It’s undeniable that cooking at home saves you money, but did you know that by properly and efficiently meal prepping, you will also avoid food waste? With intentionality, you can use up all the fresh produce and proteins you purchased without them going bad.
Tips for meal prepping
- Pick a good variety of meals. Food boredom is real, so don’t feel like you will get stuck eating the same meals day in and day out. Pick out around 20 meals (breakfasts, lunches, and dinners) that you like and keep rotating them around for variety.
- Make a calendar. Make a monthly menu for yourself for breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. You can easily see where leftovers can be used when you have everything written down. To help with budgeting, it’s often good to make a double batch of a meal and enjoy it later in the week or enjoy lighter lunches over a few days.
- Make a shopping list. The key to successful meal planning is to prep ahead so that you always know what you are picking up from the store so you have everything to hand.
- Buy a mix of fresh and frozen produce. It’s great to include fresh foods in your diet, but frozen is still great quality and much more convenient, and often more budget-friendly. Stock up your freezer with frozen veggies, fruits, and meats so that you don’t have to worry about using them up quickly.
- Choose a day to cook up your food. Choose one day a week to cook up the majority of your meals for the week. Batch cook recipes and portion them out so that all you have to do is grab and reheat them for an easy dinner.
- Choose some freezer friendly meals. The freezer is your friend! Soups, chilis, stews, pies and so much more, are great for freezer meals. Make up big batches to freeze to enjoy over the weeks. Be sure to check out my guide on How to Make Freezer Meals for Families.
My Fav Meal Prep Gadgets & Containers
- Instant Pot: You can batch-cook shredded chicken, spaghetti squash, baked beans, or hard-boiled eggs in the pressure cooker, freeing you up to work on something else. Check out my Instant Pot Guide so you get maximum use from this helpful kitchen appliance.
- Food processor: This is a helpful tool for chopping, slicing, and shredding vegetables, especially when you have a lot of ingredients to work with. It can also serve as a blender to emulsify sauces and dressings like cilantro yogurt sauce or salad vinaigrette.
- Storage containers: These clear containers are light, airtight, and easy to carry. They’re stain and odor resistant and come in various shapes and sizes. I use them to store prepared fruits and vegetables like cut carrots, celery, cauliflower, and more. They also store recipe components like mirepoix and browned ground beef wonderfully.
- Mason jars: This is such a versatile container that’s excellent for storing batch-cooked foods such as spaghetti sauce, marinara sauce, or muesli. Mason jars conveniently come in different sizes to accommodate your needs. Use a wide-mouth quart-size mason jar for single-serving foods like vegetarian cobb salad or half-pint jars for chia pudding or homemade yogurt.
- Silicone bags: Reusable freezer bags can be used to portion big batches of cooking as well as freezing pre-cut fruits and veggies for later. Use silicone bags to freeze avocados, bananas, strawberries, and more.
- Glass bento boxes: You can easily portion out ingredients like refried beans, taco meat, and rice into individual compartments in the container to keep them separate until ready to reheat and eat. Or use these bento boxes for taco salad meal prep.
Meal Prep Recipes
Gearing up for a busy school or work year ahead? Let these meal prepping recipes alleviate some of the stress. You’ll find everything from convenient breakfasts to lunch options including plenty of chicken meal prep recipes. You’ll also find easy dinner ideas, snacks, and freezer-friendly meals that make healthy meal prep recipes approachable.
Meal Prep Ideas for Breakfast
- Baked Egg Cups – Simplify your mornings with these tasty egg cups you can make in advance. Packed with veggies, they’re perfect for quick grab-and-go mornings, or pair them with toast and some avocado for a wholesome and satisfying first meal.
- Greek Yogurt Protein Pancakes – Make a big batch of these protein-packed pancakes and freeze them for up to 2 months so you’re ready for a quick and easy breakfast.
- Baked Oatmeal with Steel Cut Oats – Start your day with a satisfying hot breakfast that will keep you full until lunch. Prep this the night before, then pop it in the oven while you get ready for the day. Or make this on the weekend for an easy breakfast on-the-go throughout the week.
- Sheet Pan Baked Pancakes – This fuss-free breakfast has endless flavor combinations to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. Whether you want blueberry pancakes or sweet additions like chocolate chips, this sheet pan pancake is quick and easy to make and bakes in the oven.
- Best Breakfast Strata – You will love how quickly and easily this overnight recipe comes together. It’s a great way to use up leftover veggies and makes the most delicious puffed egg-soaked bread breakfast bake with a gooey cheesy topping.
- Healthy Breakfast Meal Prep – If you rush out the door most mornings, you need to make this avocado and egg meal prep. Hard-boiled eggs, sliced avocado, toast, and juicy grape tomatoes conveniently packed in meal prep containers make an excellent on-the-go breakfast.
- Easy Overnight Oats – Nothing is more simple than overnight oats. This is the easiest yet healthy breakfast you can make ahead of time to help you take the stress out of your morning.
- Starbucks Egg White Bites – Packed with egg whites, cottage cheese, roasted red pepper, and spinach, these egg bites will give you the long-lasting energy you need to tackle your mornings.
- Simple Oatmeal Breakfast Bars – If you love oatmeal as much as I do, you will love these convenient oatmeal bars. They are made from pantry ingredients and can be made in advance and stored in the fridge or freezer.
Meal Prep Ideas for Lunch
- Chicken & Hummus Meal Prep – This is the most perfect well-rounded lunch. Packed with protein, veggies, naan bread, and hummus, this make-ahead meal ensures you stay full and happy.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Lunchbox – Take your classic PB&J sandwiches by adding fresh veggies and a side of ranch dip for a delicious lunchbox option suitable for kids of any age.
- Chicken Salad Without Mayo – This chicken salad is a burst of tangy, savory, and fresh flavors! Made with green onions, apples, celery, and chicken, this salad is easy to prepare and works as a main dish for a packed lunch.
- Healthy Tuna Salad Meal Prep – Excellent for work or school, mayo-free tuna salad, pita bread, and fresh fruits and veggies are packed for a tasty and wholesome lunch on the go.
- Chicken Shish Tawook – This popular Middle Eastern chicken is marinated in spices, yogurt, and lemon juice, then skewered and cooked until perfectly tender and juicy. Marinate the chicken overnight for an easy lunch the next day.
- Healthy Egg Salad Sandwich – You’ll love this twist on the classic egg salad sandwich made with Greek yogurt and Dijon mustard. It’s perfect for using up hard-boiled eggs, easy to make, and excellent for quick lunches or meal prep.
- Homemade Pizza Lunchable – Make lunchtime fun again with these pizza lunchables. These are a healthier alternative to store-bought lunchables made with flatbread, pizza sauce, cheese, and loads of veggies.
- Easy Pinwheel Sandwiches – This lunch option is easy to prepare and super tasty and keeps well in the lunchbox. With four different options, there’s something for everyone. Whether you’re craving hummus and veggies, everything bagel cucumber, pesty turkey pinwheel, or chicken salad pinwheel – you’ll be looking forward to lunch with these options.
Meal Prep Recipe Ideas for Dinner
- Healthy Chicken Burrito Bowl – Finish the day with this protein-rich Chipotle-inspired chicken burrito bowl. It’s simple to prepare and can be customized to fit your personal tastes.
- Hamburger Casserole – This is a family favorite meal and total comfort food! Browned ground beef, pasta, marinara sauce, and a cheesy layer of mozzarella is the perfect weeknight dinner.
- Oven Baked Cod Fish – Tender and moist, this oven-baked cod comes together quickly as a complete meal with perfectly roasted green beans and blistered tomatoes.
- One-Pot Lasagna Soup – Made with ground beef, lasagna noodles, vegetable broth, fresh veggies, and simmered in Italian seasoning and diced tomatoes for a flavor-packed soup that the whole family can enjoy.
- Easy Sheet Pan Nachos – These are a hit with people of all ages. The kids love all the fun nacho toppings and parents love how quickly this sheet pan meal comes together. It’s cheesy, beefy, and full of Mexican flavors.
- Skillet Shrimp Fajitas – These fajita bowls come together quickly for a fuss-free dinner. They are full of fresh ingredients and packed with protein and fiber, making them a hearty and filling meal. Serve over cilantro cauliflower rice, or enjoy them as is.
- Sheet Pan Salmon Recipe – This easy and convenient meal cuts down on prep and cleanup because it’s all made in one pan! It’s perfectly balanced, protein-rich, and fresh with veggies like potatoes and green beans, making it a hearty and complete meal.
- Teriyaki Steak Stir Fry – Make this easy stir-fry dinner in under 30 minutes. Tender flank steak in homemade teriyaki sauce paired with broccoli, onion, and red bell pepper for a quick and delicious weeknight meal.
- Sheet Pan Fajitas with Chicken – This is a fantastic family-friendly weeknight meal bursting with flavor. With just 10 minutes of prep and a one-sheet pan, this fuss-free meal will satisfy everyone at the dinner table.
Snack and Side Dish Ideas for Meal Prep
- Banana Nut Bread Muffins – Wonderfully moist and soft, with a hint of sweetness from ripe bananas and brown sugar, these banana bread muffins make a perfect addition to lunchboxes. Plus, you can double the batch and freeze for an easy snack option that’s ready to go.
- Overnight Chia Pudding – Whip up a healthy snack on the weekend to enjoy all week long. Made with almond milk and honey, this chia pudding hits all the marks for a delicious diet-friendly treat.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Bars – If you love chocolate chips, peanut butter, and granola, these wholesome bars will become your go-to snack on busy days. They are just what you need in the middle of the day to keep you energized.
- Homemade Pizza Bites – Made with a 2-ingredient Greek yogurt dough, these snack bites are quick and easy to make and are packed with protein, making them a satisfying and filling option to add to your meal prep.
- Healthy Snack Box – Tame that afternoon slump with these nutritious cheese and fruit snack boxes inspired by Starbucks snack trays. They take just minutes to make and are the ultimate grab-and-go snack for school, work, or road trips.
- Simple Muffin Recipe – Packed with wholesome ingredients, these muffins are great for people of all ages but they are especially a hit with kids. You can make them sweet with PB&J or savory with cheddar and zucchini.
- Pumpkin Energy Balls – These pumpkin balls are made with pure, simple, and wholesome ingredients that are actually good for you. They keep well for up to a week in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer and make a great mid-day snack.
- Chickpea Meal Prep – Perfect for a light lunch or snack, these chickpea bites with avocado dip are a Starbucks copycat that guarantees to keep you feeling full, energized, and satisfied.
Vegan and Vegetarian Meal Prep Recipes
- Vegetarian Quiche – This homemade broccoli and cheese quiche is a breeze to make and perfect for meal prep. With minimal ingredients, this quiche can be frozen for convenient and easy meals on a busy week.
- Hummus Veggie Sandwich – Packed with fresh goodness, this hummus sandwich is loaded with refreshing cucumbers, peppers, and olives for a perfect go-to meal when you’re crunched for time but still need something tasty and satisfying.
- Chickpea and Kidney Bean Salad – With a handful of pantry staples, fresh veggies, and zesty vinaigrette dressing, this bean salad is bursting with flavors. Packed with protein and vegetarian deliciousness, it’s both satisfying and oh-so-good.
- Vegan Baked Oats – These protein-baked oats, made with rolled oats, protein powder, banana, and no eggs, make a great breakfast or snack option. The flavor combinations are only limited to your imagination, so you will find something for everyone.
- Quinoa and Black Bean Chili – Cozy up to this hearty vegetarian chili with quinoa, black beans, bell peppers, and warm spices. It’s a comforting dish that’s perfect for chilly nights or when you want a bowl of satisfying and delicious comfort food.
- White Bean Sandwich – Made with a white bean dip blended with avocados and tucked between arugula and bread, this sandwich is filling and nutritious. Prep the mashed avocado and beans and store them separately until ready to eat so the bread doesn’t become soggy.
- Vegetarian Egg Boat – With just 10 minutes of prep time, this breakfast, brunch, or lunch idea will give you the nutritious fuel you need for the busy day ahead. It’s a fun and convenient way to use up leftover veggies!
Freezer-Friendly Meal Prep Recipes
- Beef Stew with Carrots and Peas – This Lebanese-inspired peas and carrots stew brings heartiness, nutrition, and pure comfort and can easily be double batched and frozen for future quick meals.
- Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole – Skip the final bake and freeze this dish for a quick and easy family dinner recipe. You can also store it in single-serving containers for a quick grab-and-go lunch.
- Beef Taco Burritos – Can’t decide between a taco or burrito? This is the perfect solution. Whip up a taco stuffing, then wrap it in a burrito with your favorite toppings. Bonus: these beef burritos freeze wonderfully!
- Baked Greek Meatballs – Take your meatball game to the next level with these tasty Greek meatballs. Stuffed with feta cheese and served with homemade tzatziki sauce, they will surely become a family favorite.
- Healthy Chicken Wild Rice Soup – Warm up to this dairy-free chicken and wild rice soup. With chewy wild rice, mushrooms, and carrots, this one-pot wonder is satisfyingly delicious, freezes great, and has very little cleanup.
- Easy Baked Spaghetti – Enjoy the comfort of spaghetti without hovering over the stove. This easy make-ahead and freezer-friendly casserole meal has very little prep and is perfect for the whole family.
- Oven Baked Beef Stew – Prep this on the weekend and freeze it. When ready to cook it on a busy weeknight, thaw it overnight in the fridge and add everything to a baking pan. Serve over rice, quinoa, mashed potatoes, or couscous to make it a complete meal.
- Freezer Breakfast Burritos – No need to wake up early to start breakfast. These southwest breakfast burritos are an ideal meal prep option that can be frozen for later or enjoyed fresh. Either way, you’ll love having a delicious and filling breakfast ready to go in the morning.
- Freekeh Soup with Chicken – The rich flavors in this soup are irresistible! With my homemade 7-spice blend, shredded chicken, zesty tomato, hearty freekeh, and refreshing parsley, this tasty soup makes a quick and nourishing meal any day of the week.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Hearty grains like rice and quinoa and pre-cooked proteins like chicken or beef freeze well. Additionally, pantry staples like beans, lentils, and other legumes are great options for freezing. Avoid freezing ingredients with high water content and delicate textures like lettuce or dairy.
The best way to keep your salad crisp and fresh is to keep the dressing separate and add it to the salad just before eating. Or you can layer ingredients in a specific order to create a barrier between wet and dry ingredients.
Whether you’re meal prepping as beginners or just need some new and fresh ideas to streamline your process, this meal prep guide has it all. There are plenty of options here to set you up for success and make your process more efficient and enjoyable.
Full List of Recipes
More Kitchen Guides
- 35 Leftover Friendly Meals
- 5 Tips for Easy and Quick Dinners
- How to Organize Your Fridge
- 16 Easy Pantry Meals
- How to Stock a Freezer
If you try any of these Meal Prep Recipes or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, leave a comment below! We would love to hear about your experience making the recipes. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it on Instagram so we can repost on my stories!