This Avocado White Bean Sandwich is made with the most amazing vegan spread that is full of protein and calcium - you'll want it on all your sandwiches!
Avocado white bean sandwich is made from a white bean dip blended with avocados. You can use it as a dip with your favorite vegetables, or slather it on a sandwich bread or bagel loaded with vegetables. It’s a plant-based protein packed lunch that you will love!
That, alone, could have been a very happy ending. But then I topped it off with the colors of the rainbow: i.e. cucumbers, roasted red peppers, carrots and watercress (cuz i’m fancy like that) and it was seriously the best vegan sandwich ever!
I was going to hold off on sharing the recipe until the new year when we’re all trying to find healthy lunch ideas to take to work, but I just had to share this avocado white bean sandwich immediately because I like you guys that much, and I want you to make it that soon!
And if you’ve never turned cannellini beans into a dip, this is an awesome way to try. They are very low in calories and they truly make you feel full for hours…that’s always a plus if you’re trying to lose weight. But in that case, I would hold the bagel and opt for a lavash wrap instead. Yummy in every form!
More sandwich recipes:
- Roasted Cauliflower Pitas
- Turkey Panini
- Roasted Vegetable Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Grilled Mozzarella Sandwich
- Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Wraps
If you’ve tried this feel good Avocado White Bean Sandwich recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Avocado White Bean Sandwich
Avocado White Bean Dip
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans rinsed/drained
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 avocado halved, pitted, peeled
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 everything bagel sliced and toasted
- About 4 Tbsp avocado white bean dip
- Few slices cucumbers
- 1 oz roasted red peppers
- 1 Tbsp matchstick carrots
- 1 bunch watercress or parsley or cilantro
Avocado White Bean Dip
- Place cannellini beans in a food processor. Blend them alone until they become powder-like, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the lime juice, garlic cloves, salt and cumin and blend until smooth.
- While the food processor is still running, slowly add the olive oil until the texture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust as needed by adding more lime juice, or salt/pepper.
- Add the avocado and cilantro and blend again until all the ingredients are well blended, and the dip becomes light green in color.
- Serve with fresh vegetables or pita chips, cold or at room temperature.
- Spread the avocado white bean dip on both slides of the bagel.
- Layer the cucumbers, roasted red peppers, carrots and watercress, close the sandwich and enjoy immediately!