Avocado White Bean Dip SandwichJump To Recipe
- Serves: 6 servings
This Avocado White Bean Dip Sandwich is made with the most amazing vegan spread that is full of protein and calcium - you'll want it on all your sandwiches!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Avocado White Bean Dip Sandwich
This weekend I was planning to update my photos for my avocado hummus dip, and then I checked my pantry and realized there was no garbanzo beans in sight. But I did have some cannellini beans…they kinda look like chickpeas I thought. Maybe I should try substituting them. And so the recipe testing was on, and 3 batches of some green dips later, I finally got the perfect avocado white bean dip. And short moments after that, I had the perfect avocado white bean dip sandwich. The dip just belonged in a sandwich, slathered in excess because 1/6th of the recipe for the white bean dip alone is only like 100 calories. So I did what any hungry food blogger would do, I slathered it on a New York style toasted everything bagel.
That, alone, could have been a very happy ending. But then I topped it off with the colors of the rainbow: i.e. cucumbers, roasted red peppers, carrots and watercress (cuz i’m fancy like that) and it was seriously the best vegan sandwich ever!
I was going to hold off on sharing the recipe until the new year when we’re all trying to find healthy lunch ideas to take to work, but I just had to share this avocado white bean dip sandwich immediately because I like you guys that much, and I want you to make it that soon!
And if you’ve never turned cannellini beans into a dip, this is an awesome way to try. They are very low in calories and they truly make you feel full for hours…that’s always a plus if you’re trying to lose weight. But in that case, I would hold the bagel and opt for a lavash wrap instead. Yummy in every form!
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans rinsed/drained
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 avocado halved, pitted, peeled
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 everything bagel sliced and toasted
- About 4 Tbsp avocado white bean dip
- Few slices cucumbers
- 1 oz roasted red peppers
- 1 Tbsp matchstick carrots
- 1 bunch watercress or parsley or cilantro
- Place cannellini beans in a food processor. Blend them alone until they become powder-like, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the lime juice, garlic cloves, salt and cumin and blend until smooth.
- While the food processor is still running, slowly add the olive oil until the texture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust as needed by adding more lime juice, or salt/pepper.
- Add the avocado and cilantro and blend again until all the ingredients are well blended, and the dip becomes light green in color.
- Serve with fresh vegetables or pita chips, cold or at room temperature.
- Spread the avocado white bean dip on both slides of the bagel.
- Layer the cucumbers, roasted red peppers, carrots and watercress, close the sandwich and enjoy immediately!