This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This White Bean Avocado Sandwich is made from a white bean dip blended with avocados and it reminds me of an avocado egg sandwich. It’s a plant-based protein-packed lunch that is filling, nutritious, and easy to make!
This would be stellar for any time of day but there’s really nothing quite like a protein-packed avocado breakfast sandwich to kick off your day. Full of healthy ingredients and flavors that are the perfect boost to the morning.
why you’ll love this vegan sandwich
- No cooking or equipment needed – just a fork will do for the mashing!
- Fresh ingredients with fresh taste.
- Filling and full of superfoods and protein to fuel your body.
ingredients for the avocado sandwich
- Avocado – The star of the show!
- White beans – Canned beans work best for this simple sandwich since they are boiled. You can use chickpeas as well.
- Dressing – Just some extra virgin olive oil along with lime zest and juice for a creamy and citrus flavor
- Red onions – Chop ’em up to add a crunch to the mix, or skip them and add celery!
- Arugula – You can use other greens as well so add what you’d like.
- Seasonings: Adding a little bit of garlic powder, salt and pepper to your liking!
- Whole grain bread – Toasted or untoasted or try it in a wrap.
how to make a vegan avocado sandwich
- Add the avocado, olive oil, lime juice and lime zest to a bowl. (Make sure that you scoop out all of the ripe avocado so that you’re not missing out on any of that superfood goodness!)
- Mash and mix together until creamy. Using a fork is a great way to mash out and get the avocado mixture nice and smooth.
- Add in the rinsed and drained can of white beans to the same bowl.
- Mash and mix until combined well.
- Put a bit of the arugula on the bread slice.
- Top with your mixture of beans and avocado before closing the sandwich.
tips for making this Vegan Avocado sandwich
- Use ripe avocados. You want to be able to mash the avocadoes easily so make sure that you’re using ones that are ripe.
- Toast the bread. Soft bread is great but toasting it works really well, too, and might help it stay extra sturdy with the white bean dip
- Change up the greens. Arugula is a favorite but adding lettuce, spinach or kale works as well.
- Mash to the texture that you like. The avocado portion will get nice and creamy but adding in the beans means that there will be larger lumps of beans. A fork works well or a potato masher. For an ultra smooth texture, use a food processor.
how do you store the vegetarian avocado sandwich
If you want to make a sandwich ahead of time, add it to an airtight container and store it in the fridge. When you’re ready to eat it, it’ll be ready for you to enjoy.
frequently asked questions
I would say that making it an hour or two ahead of time is fine but any earlier than that and the bread might start to become a little soggy.
Lime juice or a little squirt of lemon juice will help with that! You can add it to the mixture and store and it should keep the avocado from turning colors.
You can use a fork or even a potato masher to smash out those lumps!
This simple mashed avocado sandwich is sure to be a hit! The flavors and texture of this easy sandwich will have everyone in the mood for a picnic! Add to your meal planning menu this week and give it a try. It’s a simple way to get huge flavors with minimal time and effort.
More sandwich recipes:
- Roasted Cauliflower Pitas
- Turkey Panini
- Roasted Vegetable Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Grilled Mozzarella Sandwich
- Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Wraps
- Meat Stuffed Pitas
- Breakfast Tortilla Wrap
- Mediterranean Egg Wrap
If you try this healthy-ish feel good White Bean Avocado Sandwich recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
This White Bean Avocado Sandwich recipe was originally published on December 17, 2017. The recipe has been slightly modified and the post now includes new step-by-step photos for how to make the sandwich.
Avocado White Bean Sandwich
- Place avocado, olive oil and juice and zest of lime in a bowl and use a fork to mash until smooth.
- Add white beans to the bowl and use a fork to mash into the avocados. Stir in the red onions and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place arugula on top of two slices of the whole grain bread. Divide the mixture on top and then add the other slices of bread. Slice the sandwiches in half and enjoy immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.