This Avocado White Bean Sandwich is made with the most amazing vegan spread that is full of protein and calcium - you'll want it on all your sandwiches!
Avocado white bean sandwich is made from a white bean dip blended with avocados. You can use it as a dip with your favorite vegetables, or slather it on a sandwich bread or bagel loaded with vegetables. It’s a plant-based protein packed lunch that you will love!
That, alone, could have been a very happy ending. But then I topped it off with the colors of the rainbow: i.e. cucumbers, roasted red peppers, carrots and watercress (cuz i’m fancy like that) and it was seriously the best vegan sandwich ever!
I was going to hold off on sharing the recipe until the new year when we’re all trying to find healthy lunch ideas to take to work, but I just had to share this avocado white bean sandwich immediately because I like you guys that much, and I want you to make it that soon!
If you are are fan of beans like me, check out my other easy and healthy bean recipes!
And if you’ve never turned cannellini beans into a dip, this is an awesome way to try. They are very low in calories and they truly make you feel full for hours…that’s always a plus if you’re trying to lose weight. But in that case, I would hold the bagel and opt for a lavash wrap instead. Yummy in every form!
More sandwich recipes:
- Roasted Cauliflower Pitas
- Turkey Panini
- Roasted Vegetable Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Grilled Mozzarella Sandwich
- Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Wraps
If you’ve tried this feel good Avocado White Bean Sandwich recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Avocado White Bean Sandwich
Avocado White Bean Dip
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans rinsed/drained
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 avocado halved, pitted, peeled
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 everything bagel sliced and toasted
- About 4 Tbsp avocado white bean dip
- Few slices cucumbers
- 1 oz roasted red peppers
- 1 Tbsp matchstick carrots
- 1 bunch watercress or parsley or cilantro
Avocado White Bean Dip
- Place cannellini beans in a food processor. Blend them alone until they become powder-like, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the lime juice, garlic cloves, salt and cumin and blend until smooth.
- While the food processor is still running, slowly add the olive oil until the texture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust as needed by adding more lime juice, or salt/pepper.
- Add the avocado and cilantro and blend again until all the ingredients are well blended, and the dip becomes light green in color.
- Serve with fresh vegetables or pita chips, cold or at room temperature.
- Spread the avocado white bean dip on both slides of the bagel.
- Layer the cucumbers, roasted red peppers, carrots and watercress, close the sandwich and enjoy immediately!