This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Make lunchtimes fun with these DIY pizza lunchable recipe! Healthier than store bought, this meal prep recipe is perfect for kids, and adults love them too! These homemade lunchables are one tasty make ahead meal.
Ingredients & substitutions
- Flatbread/naan: These act as the base for your mini pizzas. We like to use mini naans, and other small flatbreads will work well.
- Pizza sauce: Use your favorite pizza sauce to spread over your naan bread. Marinara sauce will also work well.
- Cheese: No pizza is complete without cheese! We love to use mozzarella, but any shredded cheeses will work well.
- Veggies or meat: This lunchables recipe uses cherry tomatoes, green bell pepper and black olives for the toppings. You can use whatever veggies or meat toppings you like though.
How to make a pizza lunchable
- Chop and slice your toppings into smaller pieces.
- Add the naan bread, pizza sauce and toppings equally among your meal prep lunch boxes.
Tips for making pizza lunchable
- Think miniature. In order to have a variety of topping ideas, try to find items that are small in size or chop vegetables small.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut flatbread. If you can’t find mini flatbreads or naans, you can use a cookie cutter to cut larger ones into bite sized rounds. This makes it perfect for kids lunches.
- Use small containers to keep the toppings separate. Ideally use ones with lids to keep everything fresh and to ensure that the pizza sauce doesn’t spill.
- Include a small spoon in your lunchables box. This will help to spread the pizza sauce on the naan breads and easily place on the toppings.
Frequently asked questions
You can easily make these meal prep boxes 3 to 4 days ahead of time. Keep the boxes and containers sealed and in the fridge to keep things fresh.
This DIY pizza lunchable recipe has another bonus. They don’t need to be kept refrigerated, so they are perfect for school and work lunches, and are perfect to take on a road trip.
These homemade lunchables are so easy to adapt to everyones taste, simply add in your favorite pizza toppings! Pineapple, cooked chicken and different cheeses are all great options. Use a dairy-free cheese for a plant based option, or a gluten-free naan or flatbread if you are wheat intolerant.
These super fun DIY pizza lunchables are such a fun lunch to pack for your kids’ lunches. With fresh veggies, protein and carbs, they will give them the energy to tackle the rest of the day.
More meal prep recipes:
If you try this healthy-ish feel good DIY Pizza Lunchable recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
DIY Pizza Lunchable
- 4 round mini naans
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ¼ cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced olives
- ¼ cup sliced green peppers
- Divide the naan, pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes, olives and green peppers between the meal prep containers.