This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Pizza Bites recipe post is sponsored by Stonyfield, although the content represents my own personal opinion and experience using the product.
Get ready for some tasty pizza bites and a life-changing pizza dough hack! These pizza snacks are perfect for game day, parties, or a fun family dinner. They are easy to customize with your favorite toppings and can be on the table in just 30 minutes. Not to mention this homemade pizza dough is a cinch with this two-ingredient recipe that uses Greek yogurt as the secret ingredient. This is a recipe you’ll want to make over and over!
Making your own pizza bites is easier than you think! This recipe only requires two primary dough ingredients and a muffin tin. The best part is that you can customize them with your favorite toppings. We love these pizza bites with marinara sauce or pesto. Give this easy recipe a try and enjoy some delicious pizza bites tonight!
why you’ll love these mini pizza bites
- Two ingredient pizza dough!! All you need is some self-rising flour and plain greek yogurt to make the dough. That’s it! You can feel good about eating these pizza bites because they are made with wholesome ingredients.
- More protein compared to other pizza dough. The Stonyfield Organic Grass Fed Greek Yogurt used here adds 22 grams of protein per cup, making these pizza bites more filling than others.
- These pizza bites are fast! You can have these pizza snacks on the table in just 30 minutes. They are perfect for busy weeknights or when you need a quick snack.
- Pizza bites are fun! Kids and adults both love these little snacks. They are perfect for parties, game day, or a fun family dinner.
Ingredients to make pizza bites
- Self-rising flour: Don’t worry if you don’t have self-rising flour for this recipe. I actually don’t buy it either because self-rising flour is so easy to make at home from regular all-purpose flour. All you need is 1 cup all-purpose flour + 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder + ¼ teaspoon salt. Whisk them together, and that’s it!
- Yogurt: To add moisture and substance to the self-rising flour, I use Stonyfield Organic Grass Fed Greek Yogurt. Yogurt is a great ingredient to use when making dough because its acidity tenderizes the dough, which results in soft and airy pizza bites. Specifically, the Stonyfield brand is my favorite because it has zero artificial flavors, zero artificial sweeteners, and zero preservatives. Plus, milk from cows who graze naturally on lush grass gives this yogurt a rich and unique flavor.
- Add-ins and toppings: For this recipe, I use mozzarella, basil, and black olives in combination with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. But you can use any combination of toppings that you love. Get creative and have fun with it!
How to make homemade pizza bites
Many people find the idea of making homemade dough intimidating. Well, now you can put those fears to rest! This recipe for pizza dough is so easy, and you only need two ingredients. And the best part is that it uses Greek yogurt as a secret ingredient to make the dough extra soft and fluffy.
Make the 2-ingredient dough recipe
- Measure out your flour and Greek yogurt and add it to a large bowl.
- Combine the flour and Greek yogurt until it forms a shaggy consistency.
- Transfer the dough ball to a flat surface and form it into a ball (the dough won’t be smooth).
- Cut or pinch into 36-48 small pieces.
Prepare pizza bites
- Transfer the dough pieces to a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil and toss to combine.
- Season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, then add mozzarella cheese, basil, and olives and toss to combine.
Bake in a muffin tin
- Divide the dough mixture into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake until the cheese has melted and the crust becomes golden.
Tips for making pizza snacks
- Adjust the flour if needed. While this ratio works perfectly for me, be sure to adjust if needed based on how sticky the dough feels. It should feel moist but not stick to your fingers.
- Spray the muffin pan. If you use a good non-stick muffin tin, this may not be needed, especially since we’re tossing the pizza dough bites with olive oil. But if you’ve had problems with muffins sticking in other recipes, this might be a good measure to take.
- Don’t forget the seasonings. This is an important step that adds a lot of flavor to the pizza bites.
- Get the kids involved. This is a great recipe for getting the kids involved in the kitchen. Let them help you mix the dough, shape it into balls, and top with their favorite toppings.
popular substitutions & additions
- Add in some mini turkey pepperoni. If you want to add meat to these pizza bites, mini turkey pepperoni is a great option.
- Get creative with the dipping sauce. BBQ, pesto, ranch, and garlic aioli are all great options.
- Try different cheese combinations. Cheddar, Parmesan, feta, and goat cheese all taste great on these pizza bites.
- Mix and match spices. You can make these pizza bites spicy by adding in some crushed red pepper flakes or use a different spice blend like Cajun seasoning. You can even make them sweet with a cinnamon sugar topping for a dessert pizza bite!
what to serve with your pizza dough bites
how to store & reheat pizza bites
Pizza bites can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. When you’re ready to eat, reheat in a 350°F degree oven until warmed through, about 15 minutes.
how long will homemade pizza bites last in the fridge?
Pizza bites will last in the fridge for up to four days. After that, they start to get a little soggy and are best if eaten within that time frame.
can I freeze pizza bites?
Yes! Cooked pizza bites can be frozen for up to three months. Just place them in a freezer-safe container or bag and thaw them in the fridge overnight before reheating.
Frequently asked questions
You can use a regular sheet or baking pan lined with parchment paper. You’ll want to still divide the dough ball mixture up on the sheet pan, followed by a gentle squeeze to help keep everything together. They may not stay together as well as if baked in a muffin tin, but they’ll still be just as delicious!
You can use regular yogurt, although the dough may not be as fluffy. Greek yogurt is a better activator for the self-rising flour, which is what helps to make the dough light and airy.
Yes! You can make the dough and shape it into balls ahead of time. Store in the fridge for up to two days or in the freezer for up to three months. When you’re ready to bake, let thaw in the fridge overnight, then proceed with the recipe as directed.
This easy Greek yogurt pizza bite recipe is a great way to get the kids involved in the kitchen. Not only is it simple to make, but there are endless possibilities for toppings. You can customize them with your family’s favorite ingredients or try out some of our suggestions. And don’t forget the dipping sauces! Enjoy!
More pizza recipes:
- Grilled Pizza
- Broccoli Pizza Crust
- Sheet Pan Pizza
- Crispy Cast Iron Pizza
- Upside Down Pizza
- Quinoa Pizza Bites
- Easy Tortilla Pizza
- Portobello Pizzas
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
If you try this feel good Pizza Bites recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup full fat greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup fresh basil chopped
- ¼ cup sliced olives
- Pizza sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400°F and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and Greek yogurt until it forms a shaggy consistency.
- Transfer the dough ball to a flat surface and form into a ball (the dough won’t be smooth). Cut into 36-48 small pieces. Transfer the dough pieces to a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil and toss to combine. Season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper, then add mozzarella cheese, basil and olives and toss to combine.
- Divide the dough mixture into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the crust becomes golden.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.
I just made this for the first time with Alioli dipping sauce and they were delicious! Just wanted to know if the 136 calories is per batch or bites🙈
That sounds like the perfect combo! Yay!! The nutrition facts are per serving, which is 3-4 bites.
I really want to try making these, but due to diet restriction, I cannot have the white flour. Would this recipe still work with whole wheat or almond flour?
I can’t wait for you to make this! Unfortunately, I have yet to try this with those flours, but I think you have a better bet with the whole wheat flour.
Tried these tonight and the whole family loved them. Super simple and easy to customize. Will definitely be adding this to our regular family meal rotation.
That makes me so happy to hear! Hope you all continue to enjoy it!
Thank you for the pizza bites recipe! We made it for lunch and it was great even with less cheese since we didn’t have quite enough. Will definitely make again!
You’re so welcome! I love that!! Hope you continue to enjoy.