This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Growing up in Africa, we ate pizza, sure. But pizza with pineapple? What kind of weird combination is that, I mistakenly presumed? But it was no weird combination, as many of you will attest >> Pineapple is actually quite tasty on pizza! Combine the tangy pineapple with some sweet and savory barbecue sauce, and you’ve actually got a winning combination.
This Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Pizza was made popular by California Pizza Kitchen, as one of their most ordered pizzas. I personally used to always order the Tostada pizza…anyone else?! Anyways, I digress with daydreams of my high school weekends going to California Pizza Kitchen at the mall with my sisters.
I don’t think this Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Pizza is actually still on their menu, but so many copycat recipe versions came out influenced by the restaurant that’s it’s become a thing. It’s so easy to throw together. You can use any BBQ sauce of your choice (or totally make your own), some cooked chicken (with that BBQ sauce), chunks of pineapple, some red onions to give it a little kick and loads of cheese.
I means load it up for realz! You can easily split this pizza between four people, or you may just find yourself eating half the pizza…oopsy!!
More pizza recipes:
- Grilled Pizza
- Cast Iron Pizza
- Pizza Quinoa Bites
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Broccoli Pizza Crust
- Homemade Flatbread
- Yogurt Pizza/Flatbread
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feelgood Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Set the pizza dough out for 30 minutes to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and dust two baking sheets with flour.
- Dust a work surface with flour. Divide the pizza dough into two smaller dough balls. Stretch or roll each dough ball into a 9-inch circle and transfer to the prepared baking sheets. Spread each dough circle with ¼ cup barbecue sauce, leaving a ½-inch rim around the edge. Top each with the chopped chicken, then the mozzarella cheese, and Gouda cheese. Scatter the sliced red onion across the top of each.
- Bake the pizzas until they are browned and crispy around the edges and the cheese is bubbling in the center, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven and sprinkle each chopped cilantro.
- Slice each pizza into 6 pieces and serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.