This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Sheet Pan Salmon with a lemon garlic parmesan seasoning is the perfect weeknight meal when you want to serve your family a nutritious easy meal. Put everything in a pan and stick it in the oven and clean up is as easy as throwing away the parchment paper. The salmon is cooked with green beans and potatoes for one easy family dinner.
Sheet pan meals are so easy and convenient, and they cut down on your clean up time too! This is a great well balanced and healthy meal that is high in protein and made with fresh and healthy ingredients. This is a true 30 minute meal!
Ingredients & substitutions
- Salmon fillet: I like to use fresh wild-caught salmon for this recipe. The best wild caught salmon I’ve found is not local but frozen. So be sure that it is thawed well before seasoning and cooking.
- Potatoes: I use baby potatoes for this sheet pan meal because they thin skin so no need to peel them and they roast faster. Parboil them for faster cooking and cut in half before adding them to the pan.
- Green beans: Beans are a great source of so many vitamins and minerals and pair so well with salmon. You can swap for broccoli or asparagus.
- Seasoning: The salmon is seasoned with a mix of olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper.
How to make sheet pan salmon
make the seasoning & cook potatoes
- Measure the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Mix all the ingredients until well combined
- Boil the potatoes until fork tender.
assemble the sheet pan
- Place the salmon, boiled and cut potatoes and green beans in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rub the prepared sauce over the fish and on some of the vegetables if there is extra. Place in the oven and cook until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
tips for making sheet pan salmon
- Parboil your potatoes first. This gives a soft texture on the outside while allowing the outside to crisp up. But you can do this in advance, or you can omit all together and just bake the potatoes first for 20 minutes before adding the other ingredients.
- Use fresh salmon if you can find. You can use frozen and thawed salmon for this recipe which is what I generally find best available in my area. But keep in mind that frozen fish tends to hold on to a lot of water and can get a slightly soggy texture when baked.
- Pat the salmon dry before seasoning. This removes excess moisture that can cause the fillets to get soggy when they cook, especially if pre-frozen.
- Be sure to grease the sheet pan before adding the ingredients. You can also line it with foil or parchment if you prefer, and that makes clean up super speedy.
Frequently asked questions
The sheet pan salmon will take around 15- 20 minutes to bake in the oven. It will change in color from a translucent red (or raw) to an opaque pink. Check for doneness by checking the thickest part of the fish with a fork, it will flake when it is cooked and it will not look raw.
Sheet pan dinners are great go to option for weeknights. They are a pretty hands off way of preparing a meal and the clean up is pretty minimal. We love that you can cook veggies, protein and carbs all together for a well balanced meal.
If you are looking to cut down on your carb intake, then simply replace the potatoes with another vegetable like cauliflower or zucchini. It’s so easy to customize this sheet pan salmon to your dietary needs and taste.
This sheet pan salmon is the perfect meal to make after a busy day. It takes minutes to put together and has such a fresh taste thanks to the lemon and garlic. The garlicky-lemon sauce gives the salmon the perfect flavor that makes the whole house smell better than your favorite seafood restaurant!
More salmon recipes:
- Salmon Burgers
- Honey Lemon Salmon
- Panko Crusted Salmon
- Garlic Cilantro Oven Baked Salmon
- Grilled Salmon with Citrus Salsa
More sheet pan recipes:
If you try this healthy-ish feel good Christmas Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Salmon recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
This Sheet Pan Salmon recipe was originally published on March 12, 2017. The recipe post has been updated to include updated step-by-step photos but the recipe has not changed.
Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Salmon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lined a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and boil the potatoes until fork tender, about for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, garlic, and parsley.
- Place the salmon, potatoes and green beans in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet, and season them with salt and pepper. Then brush the prepared sauce over the salmon and the vegetables.
- Bake in the oven until the salmon flakes easily with a fork, about 15 minutes. Enjoy immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.