Garlic Cilantro Oven Baked SalmonJump To Recipe
- Serves: 2
This Garlic Cilantro Oven Baked Salmon is easy to prepare and offers a healthy quick option for the busy weekdays for the whole family to enjoy.
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Garlic Cilantro Oven Baked Salmon
Happy New Year to everyone! I dunno about ya’ll, but over-indulgence was the name of the game this holiday season. Isn’t it always though? I can usually control myself pretty well at gatherings, but there was just too much deliciousness all around me this time around. So, I think I gained umm like 7 pounds easily in 2 weeks! No need to fret though…nothing that a few weeks of clean eating can’t fix! I was in Michigan visiting my family, but I’m back home now in Massachusetts and kicked off the New Year with simple healthy delicious recipes like this Garlic Cilantro Oven Baked Salmon.
As you guys know, my recipes are all about simplicity, and I want to stress that in 2017 more than ever! I’ve always had a goal of 3-4 new recipes per week, but sometimes I over-complicate things or try to switch up things that are tried and true, which is where the dinner fails come into play and I get behind in posting recipes. But this year, I want to really focus on the simple factor in my recipes, to show you guys how easy they are to put together, and more importantly, how easy it is to stay healthy in 2017. So here’s kicking off easy healthy meals with this Garlic Cilantro Oven Baked Salmon. The recipe is for two people, but I made mine for my husband and kids, and all parties were thoroughly satisfied.
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 2 8oz filets wild caught salmon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Garnished with green onions
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Pat the two salmon filets with a paper towel to dry them, then season with salt and pepper, and place in a pan lined with foil.
- In a small bowl, combine the cilantro, garlic, olive oil and soy sauce. Mix to combine. Pour mixture over the salmon.
- Bake the salmon at 400F for 15-20 minutes, without covering it.
- Carefully remove the salmon and place on two plates. Scoop some of remaining sauce from the pan onto the plate. Then serve with your favorite sides. I served mine with simple roasted asparagus and quinoa.