This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Marinated Greek salmon fillets are cooked quickly in the air fryer and topped with a refreshing salad for a delicious, healthy and fuss-free weeknight meal. Full of fresh flavors, the salmon is perfectly flakey for one delicious dinner.
Ingredients & substitutions
- Salmon: Use center cut salmon fillets. Keeping the skin on helps to protect the flesh, but you can use skinless. The salmon is quickly marinated before being cooked in the air fryer.
- Marinade: Olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, dill, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper.
- Greek salad ingredients: Extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, salt, pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, olives, parsley and feta.
RECIPE VIDEO TUTORIAL
How to make air fryer greek salmon
prepare & air fry salmon
- Pat the salmon fillets dry and place in a bowl.
- Add the marinade ingredients and toss to combine.
- Place the salmon fillets in the air fryer basket.
- Cooked until opaque and flakey.
make the salad
- Chop the vegetables finely and add to a bowl.
- Pour over the dressing and toss to combine. You can also make the dressing on the bottom of the bowl and then add the vegetables on top.
Tips for making the recipe
- Don’t leave the salmon to marinate for more than 15 minutes. The lemon juice can break it down and toughen it.
- Pat the salmon dry before marinading it. The excess water can make the salmon fillets tough and mushy, so for the best results, gently dab it with kitchen paper before marinading and cooking.
- Preheat the air fryer before adding the salmon to the basket. If your air fryer doesn’t have a pre-heat function, set it to run at 400F for 5 minutes before adding it. This will help the salmon to cook all the way through.
- Don’t overcook the salmon. Depending on what model air fryer you are using and the thickness of the fillets, the cooking time may vary. Check the salmon around 7 minutes. It’s done when it is a pink opaque color and easily flakes with a fork. Overcooking can lead to dry salmon.
Frequently asked questions
Fresh salmon is generally better than frozen as it contains less water, but frozen is often more convenient and you’ll still get great results with this recipe. Make sure that the salmon is fully thawed before marinating and make sure to pat it dry to remove as much excess moisture as you can.
The salmon is best marinated and cooked close to serving, but the Greek salad will keep well, covered in the fridge for up to 3 days. If you do have some Greek salmon leftover, it will keep well in the fridge for up to 3 days. It can be used cold on salads, or reheat it at 360F in the air fryer for 2 to 3 minutes to heat it through.
This healthy Greek salmon recipe is so quick and easy to cook in the air fryer, and it comes out perfectly. The Greek salad compliments wonderfully, and you can feel good about eating it!
More salmon recipes:
If you try this healthy-ish feel good Air Fryer Greek Salmon recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
Air Fryer Greek Salmon
For the Salmon
For the Greek Salad
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes seeded and chopped
- ½ English cucumber peeled and chopped
- ½ small red onion chopped
- 4 ounces sliced black kalamata olives
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- 2 ounces feta cheese optional
- Pat the salmon filets dry with a paper towel and place them in a shallow bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, dill, and red pepper flakes to the bowl with the salmon. Toss to combine, making sure each salmon filet is evenly coated with the marinade.
- Transfer the bowl to the fridge and allow the fish to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Lightly grease your air fryer basket with olive oil spray. Add the salmon in a single layer, skin side down.
- Cook the salmon at 400°F for 7-9 minutes, or until the salmon is bright pink and flakey.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, kalamata olives and feta cheese and toss gently to combine. Serve next to the salmon.