That moment when you discover PB2 powdered peanut butter and realize its potential in baking for a peanut butter addict! These Peanut Butter Trail Mix Cookies proved to be an awesome way to use powdered peanut butter to make vegan gluten-free cookies that you’ll want to snack on all day. It’s ok, I totally justified having these for breakfast myself. Hey, there’s rolled oats in there and bananas…sounds like breakfast to me. Just an important note guys, when buying oats, opt for rolled oats instead of quick oats. They are less processed and therefore have a lower glycemic index. And that’s just healthy speak that means you get to eat more than one cookie 😉
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup PB2
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 large very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup trail mix that includes chocolate chips and more for toppings
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a large bowl, making sure to remove any clumps
- Mix the dry ingredients in another bowl
- Stir in trail mix.
- Fold in trail mix.
- Scoop 1-2 tbsp of the mixture and shape into a ball. Sprinkle additional trail mix or just chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at preheated 350 F degrees for 12-15 minutes until the cookies are golden brown