Here’s a big batch of the softest cookies ever, and good news, they’re actually kinda healthy. These chewy chocolate chip cookies will change your life because they’re kinda made with healthier swaps like applesauce!
I used applesauce instead of a fat to carve out some calories. It’s true for all baking goodies! Just add applesauce instead of liquid fat to increase the fiber while decreasing the fat. These Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies speak for themselves and you don’t have to just have one this time.
Make a batch for the family on a weeknight after dinner, or bring them to a party and share the no-fat magic of applesauce forged cookies. Your friends will definitely ask for the recipe and you can definitely hand it off knowing you did your good deed for the day.
So, grab a glass of your favorite milk and get to bakin’!
If you make this healthy-ish feel good Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
More cookie recipes:
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies
- Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Spoon flour into measuring cup level with a knife and add to a small bowl. Add baking powder and salt; whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, mix the applesauce, brown sugar and coconut oil; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Then beat in vanilla and egg until well blended.
- Add flour mixture; beat at low speed until well-blended. Then fold in chips.
- Drop by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375F degrees for 10 minutes or until almost set.
- Cool for 2 to 3 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks.
- Recipe inspired by [url href="http://www.cookinglight.com/food/recipe-finder/healthy-cookies/healthy-puffed-up-chocolate-chip-cookies-recipe"]Cooking Light[/url]