This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cook a whole spaghetti squash in your Instant Pot quickly and effortlessly with this recipe. Enjoy as it is as a side, or add it into your favorite recipes.
- Spaghetti Squash: Look for one small enough to fit inside the Instant Pot. Make sure to cut it in half first. It may help to microwave it for 2 minutes if it’s difficult to cut.
- Salt & pepper: To season the spaghetti squash, in addition to any other seasoning you might like.
- Water: This is essential to pressurize the Instant Pot for cooking the spaghetti squash.
How to cook spaghetti squash in instant pot
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds and fibers in the center.
- Pour water into the Instant Pot, and place in the squash on a trivet.
- Season and cook.
- Once time is up, check that it’s tender and use a fork to shred the strands.
Tips for cooking SPAGHETTI squash
- Cut the squash in half before cooking. This reduces the cooking time a lot. You can cook the squash hole, but it will take around 20 minutes, so this method is great when you are short on time. If you do cook it whole, be sure to use a knife to poke holes all around to let the pressure escape.
- Buy a ripe and good quality squash. It should be an even pale color, dry, firm and heavy for its size. Avoid shiny squashes as these can be under ripe.
- Adjust the cooking time depending on the size of your squash. This recipe is made with a 3 pound squash. If yours is smaller, reduce the cooking time by a minute and check for doneness after cooking.
- Generously season the spaghetti squash. The squash can be quite bland, so add a generous few pinches of salt and pepper, along with any other seasonings you like, like garlic powder or oregano.
Frequently asked questions
Cooked spaghetti squash will keep well in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container. You can reheat it quickly on the stovetop or in the microwave to warm through to serve.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can also cook spaghetti squash in the oven, it just takes a little longer. Cut in half, drizzle with oil and seasoning, and lay cut side down on a baking sheet and pierce the skin with a sharp knife. It will take between 30 and 40 minutes to cook.
Your cooked spaghetti squash can easily be served as a side, very simply with a little butter, chili flakes and some fresh herbs. You can make fuller dishes with it like Spaghetti Squash Lasagna, or mix in some pasta sauce and meatballs into the strands.
It’s so quick and easy to cook a spaghetti squash in your Instant Pot. Super simple with just a couple of basic ingredients, and you have one delicious and healthy recipe on your hands!
More instant pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Chickpeas
- Instant Pot Chicken Stock
- Instant Pot Broccoli Soup
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken
If you try this healthy-ish feel good Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the sides in the center.
- Pour the water into the instant pot. Add the trivet and place the cut spaghetti squash directly on the trivet. Season with salt, pepper and any other seasoning.
- Place the lid on and move the valve to sealing. Press pressure cook and set the timer to 7 minutes high pressure. You’ll notice the Instant Pot will start to come to pressure first and then the timer will begin. It can take 8-10 minutes to come to pressure.
- When the cook time is up, carefully turn the steam release valve to venting to do a quick release of any remaining steam pressure.
- Carefully open and remove the lid. Use a fork to check that the squash is tender and cooked to your desired doneness. If it’s not, seal again and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Pull the squash strands apart with a fork and use as desired in a recipe.