This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These 3 easy Halloween snacks are really easy and take less than 10 minutes to make with a handful of pantry staples. Fun and tasty, they are a great addition to any Halloween party. Perfect for kids and adults, these spooky Halloween treats are perfect for effortless entertaining. You can make all of them ahead of time.
For me to be crafty for halloween, I need simple instructions, no fancy ingredients and a quick turnaround time. That’s why these three easy halloween snack ideas are absolutely perfect.
Halloween Snack Idea 1: Mummy Kabobs
Ok this first easy halloween snack is my favorite. When you start, it looks like you’re making just another ordinary sandwich with bread, cheese, deli meat, lettuce, mayonnaise, and oh…some candy eyes peeking at you!
But then you’ll trim off the crust (save them for bread pudding or croutons), and cut each sandwich into 6 equal pieces. Next, you’ll want to carefully thread those 6 square pieces on a skewer stacked really tight. When the pieces are all skewered, you can attach the edible candy eyes. I like to use some cream cheese to stick them on and it works really well here. And there you have it – cute and completely edible mummy kabobs.
Halloween Snack Idea 2: Witches Brooms
This next one in my easy halloween snacks series are these Witch Brooms. I’ve been making these for a while now and I just love that they only need 2 ingredients, well 3 ingredients if you want to get fancy with the chives to tie it all together. You’ll need thin pretzel sticks, cheese sticks and chives or green onions to tie them.
You’ll start by cutting the cheese into thirds, fraying the ends of each with your fingers or using scissors, then inserting the pretzel stick into the unfrayed part. How cute! It actually looks like a toy witch broom!
Halloween Snack Idea 3: Spider Pizzas
The final one of my easy halloween snacks is probably the spookiest. Or maybe it’s just me with those plastic spiders, but they’re definitely creepy! The olive ones are less creepy though, so we can stick to those. Anyways, you’ll be making pizzas here. You can use pizza dough, english muffins, bread, naan or whatever you’d like as the base. Then you’ll need pizza sauce, shredded cheese and large pitted black olives.
Make a pizza as you normally would, cut out the spiders like they’re shown here below and creep out your kids with these edible spiders on their favorite lunch-style pizza!
Top tips for making these easy Halloween treats
- All of these easy snacks can be made ahead of time and stored covered in the fridge. The pizzas can either be prepped ahead of time then placed in the oven just before serving, or eaten cold.
- You can find the edible candy eyes in the baking isle of most grocery stores. Around Halloween, they will also be in the seasonal section.
- You can adapt the sandwich filling to anything you would like!
Frequently asked questions
How do you serve these easy Halloween snacks?
After making them each a couple times, I’ve been putting them in my kids’ lunchboxes and they’re getting a kick out of them! They are wonderful if you’re having a party for kids or if you want to add something easy to a Halloween spread you’re already making! Place on platters and dress with spooky decorations!
How long do these Halloween treats keep?
You can make all of these snacks a day or two ahead of time and keep them in an air tight container in the fridge. Leftovers will last a couple of days.
For more Halloween food:
If you’ve tried these healthy-ish feel good Easy Halloween Snacks or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Easy Halloween Snacks
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 slices of cheese
- 2-4 sliced turkey/tofurkey
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 Skewers
- Cream cheese for gluing the eyes
- Edible candy eyes
Witch Broom Sticks
- 3 cheese sticks cut in thirds
- 9 pretzel sticks
- 5 strips of chives cut in half
- 2 round small pizza crust or naan
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- 4 large black pitted olives
- Assemble the two sandwiches by spreading the mayonnaise on the bread, adding the cheese, turkey and lettuce and closing the sandwich.
- Cut off the crust from each sandwich. Then cut the sandwich into 6 equal squares.
- Thread the sandwich squares onto the skewers carefully.
- Using a little cream cheese as ‘glue’, attach 2 candy eyeballs near the top of each mummy kebab
Witch Broom Sticks
- Cut each cheese stick into three equal pieces.
- Fray the ends of each third into thin strings to give it a broom effect. You can use scissors or your hands
- Insert the pretzel sticks into the unfrayed end of the cheese sticks to create the broom handle.
- Tie the chive strip around the cheese to secure.
- Heat the oven to 450°F.
- Place the crusts onto a baking sheet. Spread pizza sauce on each crust to within ½ inch of the edge. Top each with the cheese.
- Cut three olives in half lengthwise. Leave two halves as is. Then cut the other four halves crosswise to make 8 thin slices each. Cut the fourth olive in half crosswise
- Arrange the olives on the pizzas, using the long olive halves for the spider bodies, the short olive halves for the spider head, and the slices for the legs.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.
Cute and adorable. Fun to make
Lol at the eyeballs in the sandwiches. Cool ideas!
Haha, the kids loved them!
These are so cute!