This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I’m so excited to share this vegan pumpkin pie recipe with you! Seriously won’t believe how easy it is, and it’s so delicious, I promise you, it’s the best you’ll try this fall! Completely dairy-free and made with coconut cream, you can prep this in minutes for a delicious Thanksgiving dessert!
How to make vegan pumpkin pie
- Line a pan with a vegan pie crust, prick the base and chill in the freezer.
- Combine the filling ingredients in a blender and pour into the pie crust.
- Bake, let cool completely and enjoy!
Tips for making pumpkin pie
- Use a blender to combine the filling ingredients. This will ensure that you have a creamy and smooth filling. You can mix it by hand, but it will take longer and it must be really well combined.
- Freeze the pie crust before you add the filling. If you skip this step, you run the risk of ending up with a soggy crust when it’s baked. This tip helps it stay crisp after baking.
- Let the pie cool in the fridge for at least 4 hours before slicing. If you slice it too early the filling will not be set. This makes it a great make-ahead dessert for Thanksgiving.
- Use canned pumpkin puree. The water content of pumpkins can vary wildly, so for the most consistent results, opt for canned. Use pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
Frequently asked questions
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground allspice
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
Once your vegan pumpkin pie has completely chilled, cover it with plastic wrap or foil and it will keep well for 3 to 4 days.
Yes, this freezes really well, so be sure to make a couple! Wrap the cooled pie securely in plastic wrap or foil and place in a freezer bag. It will keep well for up to 3 months. Thaw the frozen pie in the fridge overnight before serving.
More pie recipes:
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Vegan Pumpkin Pie recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Line a pie pan with the pie crust. Press gently to fill the corners and extend the crust all the way to the edge. Crimp the edge or leave plain.
- Prick the base of the crust with a fork several times. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In a blender, combine the pumpkin puree, corn starch, coconut cream, vanilla, sugar, salt, and spices. Blend on low speed until completely combined, smooth, and pale orange.
- Carefully pour the pumpkin pie mixture into the frozen pastry in the pie pan, and shake slightly to smooth out the top.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes until slightly firm on the edges when jiggled, and dull on top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes at room temperature before transferring to the fridge to cool completely – at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Instead of coconut cream, you can use heavy cream, but it won’t be vegan then.
- Instead of cane sugar, you can use regular sugar.
- Instead of canned pumpkin, you can use your own pureed pumpkin, but I would recommend removing as much moisture as possible and expect the consistency to vary. I prefer making it with canned pumpkin.