This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
They say it’s as easy as apple pie, but don’t worry, adding cranberry to that apple pie doesn’t make the equation any harder. Cranberry Apple Mini Pies is a fool proof recipe you can make without any baking experience. It’s a great way to use up leftover apples and cranberries, and makes for a festive holiday dessert!
This time, my fool-proof method was using vegan refrigerated pie crust I found at a Health Food store I shop at locally. So I used two refrigerated 9″ pie crusts, then used a cookie cutter to cut out 16 cute circular pieces. It’s possible only 5 made it from the muffin tin to the photo shoot…Hey, I have little children!!
I love the balance of the tart cranberries with the sweet cinnamon apples and the buttery, golden, rich pie crust. And because they’re mini, you can have many. And if you have extra cranberries, make sure to grab my tips for how to freeze fresh cranberries.
Seriously though, these rock for Thanksgiving dessert table because they give you that sweet satisfaction without feeling like a jerk taking a huge piece of pie and only eating two spoonfuls. I’m not speaking from experience because not finishing dessert on my plate is truly not something I have much experience with, but you get my gist.
Make these cranberry apple mini pies for thanksgiving and feel free to double or triple the recipe…it’s pretty fail proof. And if you end up with too much pie filling, just cook it into your oatmeal – problem solved with another epic cranberry apple recipe for breakfast!
More cranberry recipes:
- Baked Cranberry Relish
- Cranberry Orange Sauce
- Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
- Baked Brie Cranberry in Bread Bowl
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Cranberry Lemon Muffins
More easy pie recipes
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Cranberry Apple Mini Pies recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Cranberry Apple Mini Pies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Roll out the refrigerated pie crust onto a flat dry surface. Using a round cookie cutter or any circular object/lid, cut out a 4-inch circle. Repeat to make about 8 circles from one pie crust.
- Press each circle into a muffin tin cup, forming small cups with the crust. Repeat with the remaining circles.
- In a small bowl, combine the apples, cranberries, sugar, cornstarch, orange zest cinnamon and nutmeg until well mixed. Then spoon some of the pie filling into each of the 8 muffin cups.
- Use the second pie crust to cut 8 more circles the same size as the first batch. Then, cut a few slits in the middle of the circle, dot the filling with ⅛ tablespoon of butter, and press the crust onto the bottom crust to mold together.
- Brush the tops of the mini pies with egg wash.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the crust is golden and the pie filling bubbles.
- Allow 5-10 minutes to cool, dust powdered sugar on top, if desired and enjoy warm.
- Apple cranberry pie filling inspired by Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Unbaked hand pies can be covered and refrigerated or frozen for 3 days, then bake from frozen; add a couple extra minutes of bake time. Baked hand pies can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator, then bring to room temperature before serving.