This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
You’re going to love the flavor of this Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowl. It’s packed full of superfoods, roasted vegetables, and an abundance of herbs, this is one simple veggie bowl that everyone will love.
I love pairing quinoa with brightly colored veggies! Together they create not only a beautiful dinner but an amazingly delicious one, too. It’s simple to make and the oven-roasted vegetables are amazing!
why you’ll love this vegetarian quinoa bowl
- Loaded with healthy nutrients and flavors!
- You can teach the kids about eating the colors of the rainbow!
- Hearty, filling and simple to make.
Ingredients to make a Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowl
- Quinoa: If you have leftover cooked quinoa you can use it for this bowl. If not you can follow the steps below to make some for this specifc recipe.
- Onions: Red onions have that beautiful purple color and taste sweet when roasted. You can use any other onions though.
- Red & green pepper: Red peppers tend to have a nice sweetness to them and a nice and bright red coloring, while green peppers are more bitter. The balance in taste and color is wonderful in these owls.
- Sweet potatoes: Peel and cut into bite-sized cubes to roast with the other vegetables
- Yellow squash: Cut them into cubes so that they are easy to roast and more edges get caramelized.
- Olive oil and seasonings: Olive oil is great for tossing all the veggies with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and fresh parsley and roasting them in the oven.
- Tahini sauce: Learn how to make my authentic tahini sauce with just tahini, lemon juice and garlic.
How to make Stovetop quinoa
cook the quinoa
- Add the quinoa and water to the pot on the stove.
- Cook, then fluff with a fork.
roast the vegetables
- After you’ve chopped up the veggies, add them to a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast the veggies until they look caramelized and lightly charred.
Tips for making a quinoa veggie bowl
- Learn how to make the perfect pot of quinoa. Check out my how to cook quinoa recipe with step-by-step easy instructions. And don’t forget to allow the quinoa to cool before fluffing it so that it can absorb any remaining liquid.
- Use broth to cook the quinoa. Water works perfectly fine, but vegetable broth or chicken broth can really boost the flavor of the quinoa easily.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan with vegetables. Try to keep the vegetables from overlapping too much so that you ensure they roast in the oven instead of steam.
- Don’t skip the broil step at the end. Even if you overcrowded the vegetables in the sheet pan, broiling in the end really helps to get the crisp and caramelized.
popular substitutions & additions
- Change up the quinoa. There are options when it comes to cooking quinoa! You can cook up white, red, black, or even tri-colored quinoa.
- Add in seasonal vegetables. If you have garden vegetables, those would be perfect to use in this simple bowl. Use summer veggies in the summer, and winter veggies in the winter!
- Don’t forget the toppings. Fresh lemon juice or lime juice squeezed on top adds such a great flavor. You can also add fresh cilantro, chives, and even sesame seeds, too.
- Change up the sauce. You can try a drizzle of chili oil, try some tzatziki sauce or even some aioli sauce on top especially if you’re not a fan of tahini sauce.
how to reheat & store this quinoa bowl
best way to store a quinoa power bowl
Cooked quinoa and roasted vegetables need to be stored in an airtight container and placed in the fridge.
how long will quinoa bowl recipes last in the fridge?
As long as you keep it cool and sealed in an airtight container, this quinoa bowl recipe should last for up to 5 days.
can i freeze a quinoa sweet potato bowl?
This recipe is best made and eaten fresh or as a leftover from the fridge. The texture would become compromised potentially once frozen.
how to reheat Quinoa Bowl with Veggies
The easiest way to reheat leftover quinoa is to add a tad bit of liquid to the bowl and put it into the microwave to warm up. (This helps to bring a bit of softness back to the quinoa since it can dry out a bit once cooled.) I recommend reheating in 30-second spurts and storing in between each time. Don’t add too much liquid, start small. You can always add more as needed.
Frequently asked questions
Some people call them one and the same but I think that the main difference between the two is that the salad is all mixed together while the bowl is eaten in layers.
If you wanted to add in a protein, quinoa goes with chicken, beef or seafood. This would obviously no longer make it vegetarian but it is a simple way to add protein in the form of meat for someone who would like that.
Eating a Quinoa Bowl with Roasted Veggies is the perfect way to fuel your body with goodness. You’ll have no issue asking for another serving of vegetables with this delicious and hearty dish!
More vegan dinner recipes:
- Vegan Corn Chowder
- Vegan Lentil Chili
- Vegan Broccoli Soup
- Vegan Asparagus Soup
- Vegan French Toast
- Vegetarian Gyro Bowl
If you try this healthy-ish feel good Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowl recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowl
For the Quinoa
- 1 ½ cups uncooked quinoa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups water
For the Vegetables
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 large sweet potato chopped into cubes
- 1 large yellow squash end trimmed, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- chopped parsley for serving
- Tahini sauce for serving
- Cook the Quinoa. Place quinoa in a small saucepan along with the salt and water. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Lower heat to a simmer and cook covered for 15 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat. Allow the quinoa to rest in the saucepan for about 5 minutes, without opening the lid, to absorb all the liquid and steam. Uncover and fluff with a fork to separate the quinoa.
- Roast the Vegetables. Preheat oven to 425°F. Place the vegetables on a rimmed 18 x 13-inch baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano. Use your hands to toss the vegetables and spread out into an even layer. Roast until fork tender 30 minutes. Flip the vegetables and broil on high heat for another 5 minutes.
- Divide the quinoa among four bowls. Add the roasted vegetables on top and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley. Drizzle tahini sauce on top and enjoy immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.
Delicious and filling!
Thank you so much!
This was SOOOOO GOOD! My husband “rolled his eyes” when I told him what I was making for a family get together. Well, EVERYONE LOVED IT. Only thing I did differently was add cooked chicken thighs. Will DEFINITELY make again. I have enjoyed all your recipes that I have made.
Thank you!! That’s amazing! Hope you continue to enjoy the recipes!
This meal is my favorite recipe I’ve made in a long time. It’s SO good! I was a vegetarian for about 10 years and eat meat now but prefer meals as leftovers when it’s not there but still has protein. I made this twice in the last week to have all 4 servings for myself for lunch all week and it’s been SO good, so filling, and everything I want in a meal. I’ve been making a ton of feelgoodfoodie recipes lately and love all of them but I’m addicted to this one!! Thank you for your great content 🙂
I love that! So glad you enjoyed this recipe so much.
This was sooo good!! Brought them for lunches for the week!
I love that! Yay!!
I just cut and paste these recipes to my shopping list… this was amazing for dinner but even better the next day, packed in my lunch!!
I love that! Glad you enjoyed!