Instant Pasta in a MugJump To Recipe
- Serves: 0 servings
Two Instant Pasta in a Mug ideas that are perfect for kids, college students and anyone looking for a single serve meal in minutes with little clean-up! This post includes Mac & Cheese in a mug and Lasagna in a mug, both requiring little ingredients and little effort!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Instant Pasta in a Mug
Ok, so I think mug meals are totally 2014 or something and definitely not on trend in the Instagram world these days, but c’mon…insta pasta in a mug?! Forget the instapot! These meals are literally made in a mug and just enough for one person. What you cook it in is what you eat it in…ahhh, the beauty of insta pasta in a mug! This is perfect if you are cooking for yourself only or for one kid because all the ingredients go in a mug, you microwave it and you’ve got dinner instantly! It’s a warm, cozy, comforting meal that screams Netflix and chill in your pajamas or a friday night…or it that just me?! <looks around the room>. And my favorite part is that since these are indulgent cheesy pasta meals, you won’t have any leftovers to tempt you into eating too much, and no food or ingredients go to waste!
I started with Mac N’ Cheese and this one is so easy, I think my 6 and 5 year old can whip it up themselves.
I also made a lasagna version, which has all the right flavors and the ultimate cheesiness between the layers!
I just love both combinations and can’t get over how quick, easy and delicious these instant pasta in a mug meals are!
How to Make Instant Pasta in a Mug (1 min.)
- 1/3 cup small macaroni elbow noodles uncooked
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk whole or 2%
- 1/2 cup pre-packaged finely shredded cheese*
- 2 lasagna sheets
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp marinara
- 3 Tbsp ricotta cheese
- 3 Tbsp chopped spinach uncooked
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella cut into 4 slices
- Combine the macaroni and the water in a large mug (about 1 2/3 cup capacity) and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Stir the mixture. Microwave for another minute.
- Stir the mixture. Microwave for a fourth minute. At this point, you can check if all the water has been absorbed and the pasta is fully cooked. If not add 30-60 more seconds so that all the water is gone. This will ensure the sauce is not watery.
- Stir in the milk and shredded cheese and microwave for a final 30-60 seconds.
- Stir the cheese into the pasta, and enjoy warm from the mug.
- Break the lasagna sheets, and place in a large microwavable mug.
- Add enough water to cover the lasagna, and add olive oil, to ensure the lasagna sheets don't stick together. Microwave for about 3 minutes, or until the lasagna sheets are tender. Drain the lasagna sheets and set aside on a paper towel.
- In the same mug, start layering the lasagna, first add the marina, then the broken lasagna sheets, ricotta, spinach and mozzarella and repeat for a total of 3 layers with the mozzarella on top.
- Place in the microwave and cook for 2 1/2 - 3 minutes or until the lasagna is heated through and the mozzarella is melted. Top with fresh basil and enjoy!
- Mac & Cheese Recipe adopted from Babble
- Pre-packaged finely shredded cheese made the creamiest thickest sauce because. If you prefer to use your own grated cheese, you can try adding a pinch of cornstarch to help thicken the sauce.
- The nutrition facts are for the Mac & Cheese recipe, but the lasagna is similar.