This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Give your dishes a serious upgrade with the MVP of fruits, the one and only avocado! Here at Feel Good Foodie, we LOVE avocado recipes! So much so that we have 40+ of them that use avocados in every meal of the day – breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even dessert! Below you’ll find avocado recipes for savory dishes and sweet treats! With so many recipes featuring this superfood, it’s no surprise that avocados have become a staple in the everyday kitchen. Join the avocado craze and discover how many dishes can be enhanced with this tasty fruit!
Table of Contents
Avocado is more than just a delicious fruit – it’s a superfood packed with the nutrients your body craves. And if you’re an avocado lover like me, you’ll be excited to find some seriously delicious avocado recipes that make this green, creamy fruit the star ingredient.
From breakfast to dessert, I’m sharing my top picks for avocado recipes that are both delicious and nutritious. Get ready to satisfy your taste buds and fuel your body with all the goodness that avocado has to offer!
Is avocado a fruit?
You may be surprised to learn that avocado is actually a fruit! It’s a single-seeded berry that grows on a tree and is native to Mexico and Central America. Even though we usually use avocado as a vegetable in cooking, it’s technically classified as a fruit because of its structure and reproductive system.
Useful tips When cooking with avocados
- Use ripe avocados in your recipes. If you’re wondering how to tell if an avocado is ripe, there are a few key indicators to get the best avocado for your recipes. When you press the skin, it should give way, but not too much. The flesh has a softer texture, a fuller flavor, and a more developed aroma. This is unlike unripe avocados, which can have a harder texture and a bitter taste.
- Learn how to cut an avocado. Cutting avocados is an easy task that can be mastered quickly. Once you’ve learned how to do it, you’ll be able to chop up avocados effortlessly and use them in a variety of recipes.
- Freeze avocados for later. Freezing avocados is a great way to preserve them! Especially if you have too many ripe avocados that you can’t use right away. Freezing can extend the life of avocados for several months. This makes it easy to use in a variety of recipes later on.
- Prevent browning. The flesh of avocados can turn brown when it’s exposed to air, which can make the fruit look unappetizing. However, there are a few ways to prevent browning and keep your avocados looking fresh:
- Lemon or lime juice: Squeeze some citrus juices over the exposed flesh and then store them in an airtight container or cover them with plastic.
- Olive oil: Brush oil over the exposed flesh of the avocado to create a barrier that limits its exposure to air which causes the browning.
- Store with the pit: Keeping the avocado pit in place can help to prevent browning. The pit helps to block some of the air from reaching the flesh, which can slow down the oxidation process.
Ways to use avocados In Recipes
- Use them as a spread. Avocados make a great spread on sandwiches, toast, or crackers. You can mash them up with a fork and add salt and pepper, or blend them with lime juice and cilantro for a delicious guacamole.
- Use them in salads. Avocados add a creamy texture and a delicious flavor to salads. You can slice them and add them to your favorite salad or mash them up and use them as a dressing.
- Use them in smoothies. Avocados add a smooth and creamy texture but are also a great source of fiber and healthy fats. Try blending them with some spinach, banana, nut butter, and almond milk for a delicious and nutritious smoothie.
- Use them in baking. Avocados can be used as a healthier replacement for oil or butter in baking recipes such as muffins or brownies.
best Avocado recipes
Avocado is a versatile fruit that can be used in a range of meals, including breakfast, fresh salads, appetizers, lunch, dinner, and even dessert.
Avocado breakfast recipes
- Breakfast Egg Wrap – Try this ultimate breakfast egg wrap featuring a nutritious avocado spread, peppery arugula, and tomatoes. The thin crepe-like egg wrap makes it light and versatile to customize.
- Stuffed Breakfast Sweet Potato – Chop up some avocados and toss them on top of a fluffy sweet potato with scrambled eggs, salsa, and sour cream for a fun change to your morning meal.
- Breakfast Tortilla Wrap – A tortilla filled with mashed avocados, eggs, salsa, and cheese (or whatever you like!) folded into a triangle for a portable breakfast ready to go!
- Avocado Pineapple Smoothie – This avocado breakfast recipe will boost your energy with this green smoothie packed with nutrient-rich ingredients like spinach, avocado, pineapple, chia seeds, and almond milk.
- Avocado Toast with Egg – It’s a simple, satisfying, and healthy avocado breakfast, snack, or light meal with any of your favorite toppings.
- Southwestern Breakfast Bowl – Protein-packed recipe with sweet and smoky pinto beans and sweet potatoes, topped with a fried egg, fresh salsa, and avocados.
- Sweet Potato Toast – Thinly sliced sweet potatoes are toasted and served with creamy avocado slices for a healthy and delicious breakfast option.
- Avocado Egg Bake – This avocado recipe is super simple! Crack an egg inside an avocado half and bake the entire thing! You’ll have a warm and creamy avocado with perfectly cooked eggs in under 20 minutes.
Fresh Salads with AVocado
- Kale Caesar Salad – This twist on a traditional Caesar salad uses crunchy kale and a homemade dressing made with avocado and then topped with chunks of fresh, creamy avocado.
- Smoked Salmon Avocado Salad – Savor the taste of summer with a fresh smoked salmon salad! Tossed with avocado, cucumber, and eggs, and drizzled with a zesty dill, lemon, and mustard dressing.
- Green Goddess Salad – Healthy, fresh & light, this salad is antioxidant-rich but also flavor-rich; served with an easy cilantro yogurt dressing!
- Peach Avocado Salad Recipe – Fresh peaches and avocado combine to create a delightful medley of flavors and textures, topped with a light vinaigrette that will leave you craving more.
- Avocado Blueberry Salad – This avocado recipe features arugula and quinoa topped with fresh creamy avocado slices and plump blueberries for a delicious summer salad recipe.
- Vegetarian Cobb Salad Jars – Looking for lunchtime meal prep ideas? Try a protein-rich and customizable salad that’s bursting with flavor! Prep 4 salad jars at once, complete with avocado, for a perfect on-the-go lunch in portable, reusable containers.
- Avocado Caprese Salad – Similar to the classic Caprese salad, this avocado salad recipe is light, refreshing, and flavorful. Adding avocado brings a creamy, dreamy taste that perfectly complements this Italian classic.
AVocado appetizers and dips
- Avocado Fries – Crunchy on the outside, and creamy on the inside, Avocado Fries are a must-try! Whip them up in the oven or air fryer and enjoy solo or add them to your favorite burger for an extra delicious twist.
- Avocado Deviled Eggs – Tangy lime, fresh cilantro, and smooth avocado perfectly complement the hard-boiled eggs, all without mayo. Creamy and satisfying, it’s a great twist on the original.
- Avocado Crema Recipe – Silky, smooth lime avocado crema recipe is made with Greek yogurt, fresh avo, lime, and garlic. A delicious sauce for tacos, burritos, bowls, and more!
- Avocado Mango Salad – Savor the delicious blend of cumin, chili powder, and honey in our savory mango salad! Enjoy it as a main entrée or a healthy snack throughout the day, complete with fresh avocado.
- Avocado Hummus Dip – Upgrade your snack game with this avocado recipe. It’s a modern twist on hummus and guacamole! This healthy, vegan appetizer is easy to make and pairs perfectly with pita or veggie chips.
- Avocado Shrimp Salsa – Seasoned shrimp, creamy avocado, zesty onion, fresh cilantro, and tangy lime come together in one healthy and easy-to-make dish that’s sure to impress.
- Guacamole Dip with Corn – Add a unique twist to your guacamole with the addition of grilled corn! The sweet and smoky flavor adds an extra dimension to this simple dip, perfect for enjoying in the summer.
- Simple Guacamole Recipe – A fail-proof easy homemade avocado recipe that comes out perfect every time! It’s the best appetizer for parties that’s fresh and healthy!
- Shrimp Cocktail in Avocado Bowls – Impress your guests with this perfect holiday appetizer or date night recipe! Using pre-cooked shrimp and pre-made cocktail sauce, simply mix and spoon into avocado bowls for an easy and delicious dish.
Lunch recipes using avocados
- Avocado Egg Salad – This lunch recipe uses avocado and Greek yogurt instead of mayo. It’s a light and fresh egg salad packed with nutrition for a delicious and nutritious meal.
- Avocado Chicken Salad – Switch up a classic sandwich filling with our healthier, mayo-free version using avocados! This creamy and flavorful salad is perfect for a light lunch.
- Avocado Pasta Salad – This simple avocado lunch recipe uses a creamy avocado dressing tossed in pasta for a healthy and delicious dish for any summer occasion.
- Avocado Veggie Salad – Made with just 4 simple ingredients and topped with a dill and lemon vinaigrette for added flavor. Enjoy this tasty and easy-to-make dish any time!
- Corn Tomato Avocado Salad – A quintessential and easy vegan summer recipe made with fresh vegetables and tossed with lime juice, olive oil & cilantro.
- Avocado Stuffed Quinoa Salad – Fresh, vibrant, and perfect for the warmer weather! This simple and hearty avocado recipe is fun to serve for brunch, lunch, or as a side.
- White Bean Avocado Sandwich – Made from a white bean dip blended with avocados, it is similar to an avocado egg sandwich. It’s a plant-based protein-packed lunch that is filling, nutritious, and easy to make!
- Vegetarian Avocado Sandwich – Quick and easy to make and perfect for a light and healthy lunch, this vegetarian avocado sandwich recipe is far from dull. Made with creamy feta and crunchy salad ingredients, this is the perfect bite when you are short on time.
Avocado recipes for dinner
- Quinoa Buddha Bowl – This hearty vegan bowl is filled with nourishing roasted sweet potatoes, kale, crispy chickpeas, avocado, and a tangy tahini dressing!
- Grilled Mahi Mahi with Avocado Salsa – This delicious grilled fish is a wonderfully flavorful seafood recipe. Cook on an indoor or outdoor grill and topped with mango and avocado salsa recipe.
- Chickpea Avocado Salad – Loaded with fresh veggies, this avocado recipe is a nutrient-packed and easy-to-make dinner. It’s perfect for make-ahead lunches or summer cookouts and is finished with a simple lemon and olive oil dressing.
- Grain Bowls with Avo-cilantro Dressing – They’re simple to make and loaded with fresh ingredients and a homemade cilantro sauce. Plus, you can easily adapt to your specific tastes. Check out all three-grain bowl ideas!
- Avocado Burger Recipe – Homemade beef burger patties are topped with a creamy and zingy avocado crema for one delicious bite. Plus, there’s avocado in the patty too!
- Chicken Burrito Protein Bowl – One of the most popular recipes on site, this bowl is full of “the” good stuff! It combines smokey chipotle peppers in adobo sauce with tangy lime and earthy garlic, for flavorful chicken over rice with avocado, tomatoes, corn, and beans.
- Shrimp Sushi Stack – Try this fun avocado recipe is a deconstructed version of a California roll made with shrimp instead of salmon! Layers of rice, creamy avocado, sriracha, and crunchy cucumbers!
- Tuna Avocado Salad – Make a classic tuna salad or this mayo-free version with yogurt instead and stuff it inside an avocado for a low-carb dinner or lunch.
- Shrimp Avocado Salad – If you’re looking for a high-protein, high-fat type of salad with lots of nutrition, you’ll love this combination of plump shrimp with creamy avocado!
Avocado dessert recipes
Avocados have a smooth and naturally creamy texture. That makes it such a perfect candidate to throw in smoothies, mousses, and even ice cream.
- Avocado Chocolate Mousse – A healthy no-bake dessert recipe made with avocados and a handful of ingredients and takes only minutes to prepare. It’s vegan, refined-sugar-free, and an indulgent dessert you can feel good about eating!
- Sweet Avocado Quick Bread Recipe – This sweet-ish avocado bread is super moist, has just the right amount of sweetness, and is a perfect recipe for using up extra ripe avocados.
- Avocado Ice Cream – This avocado dessert recipe is a very easy healthy homemade ice cream that’s vegan, paleo-friendly, and absolutely tasty. Creamy, smooth, and ultra-rich with no ice cream maker.
frequently asked questions
No – you should not store cut avocado in water. It’s a breeding ground for bacteria and just not a good idea. You’re better off storing the avocado with a squeeze of lemon juice on top wrapped tightly in plastic wrap in the fridge.
Avocados are a great source of healthy fats, fiber, potassium, and vitamins C, K, and B6. They also contain smaller amounts of other important nutrients like folate, magnesium, and copper.
The easiest way to tell if an avocado is ripe is to gently press on the skin – if it gives slightly but doesn’t feel too mushy, it’s likely ready to eat. If it’s very hard, it’s not yet ripe; if it’s very soft, it may be overripe.
One way to slow down browning is to squeeze some lemon or lime juice over the cut surface – the acid helps to slow down the oxidation process. You can also try pressing a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the avocado to reduce its exposure to air.
Avocados go well with a wide variety of flavors, but some popular pairings include tomatoes, onions, garlic, lime, cilantro, and spicy peppers. They also work well in dishes with eggs, such as breakfast burritos or omelets.
In a nutshell, avocados are pretty much the superheroes of the fruit world! They’re packed with nutrients, versatile, and just plain delicious. Whether you’re a fan of guacamole or looking for a new breakfast dish to try, avocados have got you covered. With so many tasty avocado recipes out there, there’s no excuse not to add some avocado goodness to your next meal. So go ahead, get creative, and let the avocado love continue!
full list of recipes
Check out the picture cards for all the recipes listed above. You can click on any of the recipes cards to take you directly to those recipes.
Breakfast Egg Wrap
Loaded Sweet Potato Breakfast
Breakfast Tortilla Wrap
Avocado Pineapple Smoothie
Avocado Toast with Egg
Sweet Potato Toast
Avocado Egg Bake
Kale Caesar Salad
Smoked Salmon Avocado Salad
Green Goddess Salad
Peach Avocado Salad
Avocado Blueberry Salad
Vegetarian Cobb Salad
Avocado Caprese Salad
Avocado Deviled Eggs
Avocado Mango Salad
Avocado Shrimp Salsa
Guacamole Dip with Corn
Shrimp Cocktail in Avocado Bowls
Avocado Egg Salad
Avocado Chicken Salad
Avocado Pasta Salad
Chopped Avocado Veggie Salad
Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
Avocado Stuffed Quinoa Salad
Avocado White Bean Sandwich
Vegetarian Avocado Sandwich
Quinoa Buddha Bowl
Grilled Mahi Mahi with Avocado Salsa
Chickpea Avocado Salad
Grain Bowls – 3 Ways
Chicken Burrito Protein Bowl
Tuna Avocado Salad
Shrimp Avocado Salad
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
Avocado Quick Bread
Avocado Ice Cream
For more similar roundup of recipes, be sure to check out: No Bake Desserts, Recipes With Tahini, Plant Based Dinner Recipes, Best Oats Recipes.
If you found this recipe roundup for for Avocado Recipes helpful or if you try any recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipes! It helps others who are thinking of trying out this tutorial and we would love to hear about your experience. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!