Avocado Blueberry Beet SaladJump To Recipe
- Serves: 2 servings
Summertime fresh and flavorful Avocado Blueberry Beet Salad tossed with herbed feta cheese and the BEST sweet and tangy balsamic vinaigrette!
- Author: Yumna J.
Avocado Blueberry Beet Salad
If you frequent my blog often in the summer, you’d be like dang, this girl eats salads all summer long. Guys, I’m gonna be honest, it’s not entirely the complete story. Because let’s face it, summertime for me and a lot of us, is packed with pool parties, patio parties and lots of non-salad-eating-parties with friends and family…not to mention the beach trips and long-awaited summer weekend getaways!
But after a weekend of fun and food, I always go back to home base and implement clean eating recipes for myself and the fam bam.
And in the summertime, those recipes tend to be creatively thrown together salads, salads and more salads! So it’s not totally a front, but it’s totally the healthier side of that front. For the indulgent side of my summer eating, there’s drool worthy snapchats you can follow that disappear in 24 hours and diminish any post-non-salad-eating-regrets that may surface.
So back to this Avocado Blueberry Beet Salad, it’s loaded with so much yumminess and you don’t have to worry if you do not have some of the items. But it includes:
Fresh local Michigan blueberries
Yellow beets (because red ones are more messy)
…and a whole lotta greens
with the BEST balsamic vinaigrette that you’ll want to have on-hand all summer (all year?) long.
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 2 yellow beets washed and peeled
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled sundried tomato and herbed feta cheese or regular feta
- 1/2 large avocado diced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Place the beets in a small saucepan and add water to cover and the lemon juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from the water and allow to cool. This can be done in advance.
- In In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup, dijon mustard, salt, and black pepper.
- Divide the romaine lettuce into two bowls, add the cooled beets, blueberries, feta, avocado and sliced almonds. Toss with as much vinaigrette as you'd like and enjoy! You can store the remaining