Avocado Blueberry Salad is a summertime fresh and flavorful recipe that's tossed with herbed feta cheese, golden beets and sweet/tangy balsamic vinaigrette!
Try this fresh and vibrant Avocado Blueberry Salad for a little variety to your salad routine. I love adding fruits to my salads during the summer because they’re usually at their peak flavor, add some interest to the salad and pack more nutritional value. I toss this blueberry salad with salty herbed feta, cooked beets and a balsamic vinaigrette!
This Avocado Blueberry Salad, it’s loaded with so much yumminess and you don’t have to worry if you do not have some of the items. But it includes:
Fresh local Michigan blueberries
Yellow beets (because red ones are more messy)
…and a whole lotta greens
with the BEST balsamic vinaigrette that you’ll want to have on-hand all summer (all year?) long.
More salad recipes
- Strawberry Arugula Salad
- Watermelon Blueberry Salad
- Cauliflower Potato Salad
- Mediterranean Potato Salad
- Orange Beet Salad
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Avocado Blueberry Salad recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Avocado Blueberry Salad
For the Salad
- 2 yellow beets washed and peeled
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled sundried tomato and herbed feta cheese or regular feta
- 1/2 large avocado diced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
For the Dressing (makes more than needed)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Place the beets in a small saucepan and add water to cover and the lemon juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from the water and allow to cool. This can be done in advance.
- In In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup, dijon mustard, salt, and black pepper.
- Divide the romaine lettuce into two bowls, add the cooled beets, blueberries, feta, avocado and sliced almonds. Toss with as much vinaigrette as you'd like and enjoy! You can store the remaining