Orange Red Beets Feta Spring SaladJump To Recipe
- Serves: 2
This Orange Red Beets Feta Spring Salad is a simple and classic salad that balances the sweetness of beets with the tanginess of oranges!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Orange Red Beets Feta Spring Salad
Spring is in the air! And in my salad. I can’t even explain to you the goodness and sweetness and yumminess in this simple spring salad! Plus, it’s just so darn pretty! This Orange Red Beets Feta Spring Salad is so easy to throw together. You just need some cooked beets, peeled sliced oranges, some greens of choice ( I used baby romaine, but arugula works really well too) and feta cheese. This also works goes well with goat cheese, if you like it. You can also throw in some walnuts or pecans for an extra crunch, but I left it off this time.
If you boil a big batch of beets, you can store them in the fridge for up to one week and they stay perfectly fine. And that means the prep work for this salad basically disappears! The dressing is a really effortless one that I usually make a big batch of and use in all types of salads. It’s simply balsamic vinegar, olive oil, finely chopped shallots and honey. Once you taste it, you’ll see the dressing is sweet, tangy and robust and just brings this salad to life!
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium beets, quartered
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 orange, peeled, sliced and cut
- 2 oz crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, olive oil, shallots and honey. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small pot of boiling water, cook the beets until fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- When the beets are cooked, assemble salad with the mixed greens, beets, orange pieces, feta cheese and dressing and divide into two plates.
- Enjoy immediately.