Roasted Beet Salad is made with two types of seasonal beets -it's a fresh and light side salad that's healthy, flavorful and chock full feel good nutrients!
Okay, you may be thinking roasted what? For some people beets are a foreign creature. What kind of dish do you put beets in? What are they anyway? I really feel like beets are overlooked gems and should be devoured whenever possible. Beet are a herbaceous plant that deliver a full profile of vitamins and minerals to the table. My Roasted Beet Salad is a showcase for this tasty garden root.
Beets are full of folate, manganese, and potassium, and they’re an awesome source of a phytonutrient called Betanin which serves as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and detoxifier. That’s a lot of goodness coming out of one root!
Big flavors unite in this hearty yet lightweight salad (yes, that’s possible!) The earthy flavor of beets mingles well with the amazing nutty flavor of arugula. Mix these veggies with a fresh splash of tomato and strong-willed feta? Well that’s bellissimo!
Seriously. Nothing screams spring like a fresh salad chock full of color, nutrients and pizazz.
More salad recipes
- Strawberry Spring Salad
- Cauliflower Potato Salad
- Mediterranean Potato Salad
- Watermelon Blueberry Salad
- Orange Beet Salad
- Avocado Blueberry Salad
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Roasted Beet Salad recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Roasted Beet Salad
- 1 red beet sliced
- 1 yellow beet sliced
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp dried mint
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 tbsp crumbled feta
- 2 cups arugula
For the Dressing
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the sliced beets and drizzle olive oil on them. Add the thyme, mint, sea salt and black pepper and mix well with the beets. Roast in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes
- In a small bowl, mix the ingredients of the dressing well.
- In a dinner plate, add the arugula and drizzle the dressing all over.
- Add the roasted beets on top of the arugula, then add the cherry tomatoes,and the feta and enjoy!