Roasted Beets Arugula Tomato Feta SaladJump To Recipe
- Serves: 1 serving
Roasted Beets Arugula Tomato Feta Salad - a fresh and light side salad that's healthy, flavorful and chock full color and nutrients
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Roasted Beets Arugula Tomato Feta Salad
Okay, you may be thinking roasted what? For some people beets are a foreign creature. What kind of dish do you put beets in? What are they anyway? I really feel like beets are overlooked gems and should be devoured whenever possible. Beet are a herbaceous plant that deliver a full profile of vitamins and minerals to the table. My Roasted Beets Arugula Tomato Feta Salad is a showcase for this tasty garden root.
Beet’s are full of folate, manganese, and potassium, and they’re an awesome source of a phytonutrient called Betanin which serves as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and detoxifier. That’s a lot of goodness coming out of one root!
Big flavors unite in this hearty yet lightweight salad (yes, that’s possible!) The earthy flavor of beets mingles well with the amazing nutty flavor of arugula. Mix these veggies with a fresh splash of tomato and strong-willed feta? Well that’s bellissimo!
Seriously. Nothing screams spring like a fresh salad chock full of color, nutrients and pizazz.
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 1 red beet sliced
- 1 yellow beet sliced
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp dried mint
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tbsp crumbled feta
- 2 cups arugula
For the Dressing
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the sliced beets and drizzle olive oil on them. Add the thyme, mint, sea salt and black pepper and mix well with the beets. Roast in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes
- In a small bowl, mix the ingredients of the dressing well.
- In a dinner plate, add the arugula and drizzle the dressing all over.
- Add the roasted beets on top of the arugula, then add the cherry tomatoes,and the feta and enjoy!