This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Peaches are one of my favorite fruits this time of year and this peach salad is the perfect way to enjoy this juicy stone fruit. Finished with a sweet and tangy olive oil dressing, it’s super quick and easy to make and impressive to serve!
Ingredients for making peach salad
- Peaches: Peaches not only add an amazing color and sweetness to this salad, but they are loaded with nutrients and antioxidants. They are a great source of vitamins A and C as well as iron and folate. Get my top tips for cutting peaches.
- Spinach: I like to use baby spinach for the base of this salad, but lots of other greens will work well. Arugula, romaine or butter lettuce will all make nice additions.
- Avocado: Sliced avocado adda a lovely creamy texture as well as being a great source of healthy fatty acids.
- Feta: This Greek cheese adds a nice slight saltiness to help balance out the other ingredients.
- Pecans: I like to add pecans to the salad to add texture. Walnuts or almonds would also work well.
- Basil leaves: Basil and peaches work so well together and they add a nice herby freshness.
- Dressing: Olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
Making the salad
To assemble the salad, I recommend laying the spinach or greens in a large bowl first, adding the peaches, then drizzling the dressing and finally, adding the toppings. You can toss the salad, but the presentation of it is much better un-tossed.
Tips for making a peach salad
- Use perfectly ripe peaches for the best flavor. Squeeze the peaches, gently but firmly, if they give a little they are good to use.
- Wash and dry your greens well. If you have one, use a salad spinner to get rid of excess water or pat the leaves dry with kitchen paper. Excess moisture will pool in the bottom of the bowl and you will get a soggy salad.
- Make this dish vegan. Simply swap the honey in the dressing for maple syrup and skip the feta cheese.
- Make extra salad dressing. The sweet red wine vinaigrette will work well with all of your favorite salads and will keep well for up to 7 days, so you can use it throughout the week.
Frequently asked questions
This salad is best served as soon as it is made as the dressing will start to wilt the spinach leaves. If you like, you can build the salad the day before and keep it covered in the fridge. Add the dressing just before serving.
This salad is great with grilled foods, fish, chicken, meat and vegetarian dishes. It’s perfect to serve if you are hosting a cookout. Try it with:
Ground Chicken Burgers
Chili Lime Shrimp
This easy peach salad is so great to enjoy throughout the summer. It’s perfectly fresh and vibrant and is so refreshing. It makes for a wonderful side to serve at cookouts.
For more summer salads, check out:
- Quinoa Avocado Salad
- Cucumber Lemon Orzo Salad
- Tomato Caprese Salad
- Avocado Blueberry Salad
- Classic Greek Salad
- Mediterranean Potato Salad
- Mexican Chopped Salad
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Peach Salad recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
- 3 cups spinach slightly chopped
- 3 large peaches sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
- Create a bed of spinach in a large salad bowl. Add the sliced peaches and sliced avocados on top. Sprinkle with feta cheese and pecans. Pour the dressing over the salad and top with fresh torn basil.