This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easy and quick to make, these grilled peaches make for one delicious summertime dessert. Seasoned with cinnamon and served with ice cream and fresh mint, this effortless recipe is sure to please!
Ingredients & substitutions
- Peaches: Use fresh and ripe peaches for the best results. Cut them in half and remove the stone before grilling. Check out our tutorial post for tips on cutting peaches.
- Oil: Coconut oil adds a nice flavor, but a neutral oil like canola will work well.
- Sugar and cinnamon: Light brown sugar and cinnamon add a great flavor to the peaches and helps to sweeten them a little.
- To serve: Vanilla ice cream, granola and fresh mint.
How to grill peaches
- Cut the peaches in half and brush a little coconut oil on the cut side.
- Place cut side down on a hot grill pan to cook.
- Flip them over and cook the other side.
- Sprinkle over the cinnamon sugar and serve.
Tips for grilling peaches
- Look for very large freestone peaches. There are two categories of peaches, freestone and clingstone, which refers to how the fruit is attached to the pit. Because the pit easily comes off with freestone peaches, they are easier to manage and have a better presentation.
- Use a grill pan or non stick pan if you prefer not to use an outdoor grill. The taste will be slightly different but the peaches will still soften and get caramelized, so the result is similar.
- Make sure your peaches are ripe. Ripe peaches will have a sweeter flavor than unripe ones. When you gently squeeze them in the palm of your hand, they should give a little, but not be mushy.
- Don’t skip the oil. Brushing the peaches with the oil will help them to conduct the heat as well as protect the flesh. It will also ensure that they don’t stick to your grill.
Frequently asked questions
Although ripe peaches are preferable, this recipe is a great way to use peaches that were picked too early. The heat helps to soften the fruit and draw out its natural sugars. They won’t be quite as sweet, but still pretty yummy!
It’s best to serve these right off of the grill so that they are nice and warm, but they will keep well in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. You can enjoy them cold or reheat in them in the oven at 360F for 5 to 10 minutes to warm them through.
These grilled peaches are delicious with ice cream and some granola for a simple but delicious dessert, and a scoop of mascarpone works wonderfully too. You can also grill peaches and add them to salads, just leave off the cinnamon and brown sugar so that they aren’t too sweet.
These easy grilled peaches with brown sugar and cinnamon are such a wonderful and refreshing summertime dessert. Ready in minutes with a few simple ingredients, what’s stopping you?!
More fruity desserts :
- Grilled Fruit Kabobs
- Summer Fruit Salad
- Watermelon Blueberry Salad
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- Watermelon Pizza
If you try this healthy-ish feel good Grilled Peaches recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Brush the peaches with the melted coconut oil liberally, allowing any excess coconut oil to fall over the grill.
- Place the peaches cut side down first on the grill or grill pan, working in batches if needed. Grill for 5 minutes and then flip them over and grill until tender, but still firm, about 3 more minutes.
- Whisk together the light brown sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle on top of the peaches as soon as you remove them from the grill.
- Serve the peaches with vanilla ice cream and granola, and garnish with fresh mint leaves, if desired.