These delicious chili and lime shrimp are loaded with flavor and perfect for a quick and easy low carb meal. Made with simple ingredients and quick to cook.
Add some flavor to your weeknight meals with this chili lime shrimp. Quick and easy to make with simple ingredients, the marinated shrimp is a great addition to any family meal and takes minutes to cook.
How to make chili lime shrimp
- Add the marinade ingredients to a bowl.
- Whisk together to combine.
- Place the shrimp in the bowl.
- Stir to coat the shrimp, cover and refrigerate.
- Cook the shrimp until pink and opaque. Stir in cilantro and serve.
Tips for making chili lime shrimp
- Peel, devein and remove the tails from the shrimp before you marinade them. You can alternatively buy shrimp thats’s already peeled, but give them a good rinse.
- Be careful not to overcook the shrimp. When shrimp is over cooked, it can become tough and chewy in texture. They only need to be cooked for a couple of minutes on each side, so watch the pan closely and don’t let them curl tightly.
- Serve the shrimp straight away. Reheating them can cause them to toughen, but if you do have leftovers, the best way is to reheat them is in the skillet for a minute or two.
- Adjust the spice in your marinade to suit your tastes. I used a little chili powder, but you can omit this if you don’t like spicy foods.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you can use frozen shrimp, just be sure to thaw them and dry them completely before adding them to the marinade. Remove any excess moisture with kitchen paper.
Shrimp don’t need long to marinade. In fact, you don’t want to leave them for too long or the acid will start to cook them. Thirty minutes is plenty and don’t leave them for more than one hour.
These chili lime shrimp are great to serve with cauliflower rice for a tasty low carb meal. They are also great piled into tacos!
More Easy Shrimp Recipes
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Shrimp Avocado Salad
- Honey Walnut Shrimp
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Healthy Shrimp Scampi
- One Pan Shrimp and Rice
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Chili Lime Shrimp recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Chili Lime Shrimp
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup lime juice plus zest of one lime
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic cloves pressed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro for serving
- 1 lime cut into wedges, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Add the uncooked shrimp to the marinade, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Add shrimp to a large heated pan over medium heat, and cook until pink and opaque. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro. Serve immediately with lime wedges.