This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Get your fourth of July off to a bang with these fun and easy recipes. Whether you are planning a small Independence Day celebration or hosting a big cookout for friends and family, these recipes will have you covered! There’s no other holiday quite like the Fourth of July! And to make it extra special, be sure to serve up some of these delicious and fun recipes!
From burgers, salads, dips, and desserts, you’ll find something delicious here that you, your friends, and family will love. These Fourth of July recipes are perfect for serving at cookouts and BBQs, a lot can be made ahead of time, and there are a couple of tasty burgers that can be cooked on the grill on the day.
What is the Fourth of July?
The Fourth of July is the national holiday of the United States of America, commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on 4 July 1776. It declares independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain.
It’s a day for parades, fireworks, and celebrating with family and friends. And, of course, it’s a day for food!
tips for making A Fourth Of July Meal
- Plan ahead. As with all holiday meals, the key to success is to plan ahead. If you are hosting a big group, check in with everyone to see if they have any dietary requirements so that you can fix your menu around that.
- Choose some make ahead recipes. Make sure that you aren’t spending all day in the kitchen by choosing some make ahead options. Sides and desserts are great for this, and you can even prep the burger patties the night before.
- Don’t neglect the side dishes. Of course, the mains are important, but sides are what bring the variety, and they’ll often be nibbled at throughout the day! Choose different salads and dips that people can help themselves too.
- Get everyone involved. If you are hosting a big party, don’t be afraid to ask people to bring a dish with them. Give them a specific dish like a potato salad, dessert, or appetizer so that you don’t double up on things, and take the pressure off of you!
how to plan menu for july fourth festivities
When it comes to the Fourth of July, food is definitely a big part of the equation! From cookouts to picnics, this holiday is all about enjoying time with family and friends while chowing down on some delicious eats.
Here are a few tips to help you plan the perfect menu for your July Fourth festivities:
- Get a head count early on. Knowing how many people you’ll be feeding will help you determine how much food you’ll need to prepare.
- Determine your cooking method. Will you be grilling, cooking on the stovetop or in the oven, or using a combination of methods? This will help you choose recipes that can be easily prepared using your chosen cooking method(s).
- Choose a mix of recipes. When planning your menu, be sure to include a variety of dishes to please everyone’s palate. Consider serving a mix of meat and vegetarian options, as well as incorporating a few patriotic-themed dishes.
- Think about timing. When you’re cooking for a crowd, timing is everything! Make sure to choose recipes that can be prepared ahead of time, as well as those that can be quickly cooked on the day-of.
With these tips in mind, you’re well on your way to planning the perfect Fourth of July menu. Be sure to include a mix of both savory and sweet dishes, as well as a variety of side dishes and drinks.
best fourth of July recipes
Now that you have a few tips to help you plan your menu, it’s time to get cooking! Below you’ll find 50 amazing recipes perfect for any Fourth of July celebration. From appetizers and main dishes to sides and desserts, there’s something for everyone!
burger recipes to grill for the fourth
- BBQ Turkey Burgers – Perfectly seasoned these grilled turkey burgers are juicy, full of flavor, and perfect for summer BBQs! They are a great alternative to traditional beef burgers.
- Classic Beef Burgers – Nothing quite says summer like homemade beef hamburgers! These burgers are wonderfully flavored and are super quick and easy to make.
- Lamb Patty Burgers – So juicy and full of flavor, these Lamb Burgers are seasoned with mint, cumin, and cinnamon with tzatziki sauce. A unique burger that will be the talk of the party!
- Chicken Burgers – These ground chicken burgers are loaded with flavor and are quick and easy to make, a great addition to any cookout.
- Black Bean Burger – This Black Bean Burger recipe is made with salsa and pantry staples mixed in one bowl – a hearty, healthy protein-packed dinner with a Southwestern flair.
- Chickpea Burger – This tasty veggie chickpea burger recipe is so simple to make and packed with Mediterranean ingredients like sun-dried tomatoes and feta.
- Salmon Burgers – Salmon burgers make a great alternative to beef burgers. Made with only a few ingredients, they’re nutrient-dense, protein-packed & fun for summer grilling!
July fourth salad recipes
- Watermelon Feta Salad – Watermelon Feta Salad is a refreshing summer salad that has a sweet-and-salty taste and is so festive for summer cookouts.
- Zucchini Salad – This raw zucchini salad is the perfect dish for the summer. Ribbons of zucchini are tossed with walnuts, parmesan, and a sweet and tangy red wine vinaigrette for a burst of fresh flavor.
- Smoked Salmon Salad – This fresh smoked salmon salad is made with avocado, cucumber, and eggs and drizzled in dill, lemon, and mustard dressing for a delicious summer dish.
- Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad – This Tomato Avocado Cucumber Salad requires 4 simple ingredients and is paired with a fresh dill & lemon vinaigrette! It’s the perfect cookout salad recipe!
- Peach Avocado Salad – This simple and delicious Peach Salad is loaded with texture and flavor with a sweet and tangy olive oil dressing. Quick to make with fresh ingredients, it’s a tasty summertime recipe!
- Caprese Strawberry Salad – Strawberry Caprese Salad is a refreshing summer salad bursting with fresh flavors. Easy to make, this sweeter version of Caprese is vibrant and fun to try!
- Fresh Chopped Salad – Full of veggies, chickpeas, feta cheese, and olives and tossed in a lemony herb dressing, this Mediterranean Chopped Salad is fit for a crowd.
- Blueberry Watermelon Salad – This Watermelon Blueberry Salad is tossed with mint, lemon and honey. It’s an easy, healthy, refreshing summer recipe for picnics, barbecues, and potlucks.
side dishes for the fourth
- IP Baked Beans – A classic cookout side dish that comes together deliciously in the Instant Pot! Rich with just the right amount of sweetness, these baked beans are quick and easy to make.
- Southwest Salad with Quinoa – Loaded with fresh and healthy ingredients, this vegan Southwest quinoa salad is all kinds of delicious. Made with roasted sweet potatoes, black beans, and avocado, it’s fresh, zingy, and full of flavor.
- Summer Couscous Salad – Mediterranean Couscous Salad is a fresh and healthy vegetarian summer recipe that is loaded with protein from chickpeas and full of colorful vegetables.
- Creamy Coleslaw – Add this easy Coleslaw recipe to your potluck, picnic, and barbecue events this summer. It’s a tangy, creamy, mayo-free coleslaw made with Greek Yogurt.
- Crispy Halloumi – If you are looking for a delicious appetizer, look no further than this delicious grilled halloumi! Quick and easy to prep and grill, this cheese has a wonderfully creamy texture with just the right amount of saltiness.
- Fresh Summer Pasta Salad – This Pasta Salad is a summertime favorite recipe. It’s quick and easy to make, loaded with vegetables and color, and super filling!
- Mexican Street Corn Salad – An addicting salad that is perfect for summer barbecues or any time you want a light, yet flavorful dish.
- Small Grilled Potatoes – Grilled baby potatoes are seasoned to perfection with a smoky finish. Crispy outside with a smooth and creamy inside, these grilled potatoes make a great side!
- Mediterranean Potato Salad – Tangy and Mayo-free!! This Mediterranean potato salad is delicious and sure to add something different to your July fourth food spread.
- Cauliflower Potato Salad – Yes, you read that right! This low-carb version of potato salad uses cauliflower and tastes just as amazing as its starchy brother!
Fourth of July bbq ideas
- Grilled Steak – Grill steak perfectly every time! Summer cookouts are perfect for juicy, tender steak!
- Onions Grilled 2 Ways – Learn how to grill onions perfectly every time with this easy-to-follow recipe! Grilled Vidalia onions go great on burgers, and taste amazing!
- Marinated Portobello Mushroom Steaks – These grilled mushrooms are marinated in a flavorful balsamic glaze, making them irresistible. They are perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal or serving at your next big barbecue.
- Grilled Beef Kabobs – Grilled beef kabobs make a delicious and easy summer meal that combines marinated steak, peppers, and onions.
- Scratch-made Cornbread – Quick and easy to make, this cornbread recipe is soft, fluffy with the best flavor.. and it’s vegan! BBQ food and cornbread go hand in hand, so serve up a dish of these tasty bites this July 4th.
- Artichoke Tahini Dip – Loaded with flavor, this spinach and artichoke tahini dip is a crowd-pleasing appetizer. Baked in the oven; best served with pita or crackers!
- Grilled Corn – Learn how to grill corn with husks and without husks with this easy step-by-step tutorial. Grilling corn on the cob makes it sweet and smokey!
- Grilled Cod – Deliciously moist grilled cod with a simple seasoning ready in just 15 minutes! A tasty alternative to pork and burgers for a summer cookout.
dessert & treats for july fourth
- Fruit Roll ups – Make your own fruit leather for kids to snack on. This recipe is simple to follow and doesn’t require a whole bunch of ingredients.
- Strawberry Chocolate Smores – This Strawberry S’mores recipe is a twist on the classic s’mores summer snack but with added strawberries – a quick dessert recipe that is very kid-friendly.
- Frozen Popsicles – Fresh fruit frozen popsicles are easy to make, kid-friendly, and perfect for celebrating on a hot Summer day. Try Red, White, and Blue fruit popsicles for the Fourth of July!
- Fruit Kabobs – This summer, add grilled fruit kabobs to your bbq spread. These bbq fruit skewers are fun for the whole family, and the fruit on the grill is delicious too!
- Almond Cake – This cake is perfect for any occasion, and it’s dusted with just the right amount of powdered sugar for a beautiful finish.
- Guilt-free Banana Split – Quick and easy to make, this healthy banana split is perfect for breakfast or snacking. Topped with Greek yogurt, berries, granola, and peanut butter drizzle.
- Easy Edible Cookie Dough – This delicious homemade edible cookie dough is the perfect sweet treat kids and adults of all ages will love!
- Peanut Butter Jelly Yogurt – Simple and easy to make with 3 ingredients, this peanut butter jelly yogurt is a perfect kid-friendly snack.
- Healthier Fudgy Brownies – Made with no oil and less butter, these Greek yogurt brownies are a tasty and healthier alternative. Simple to make and just as delicious!
- Tropical Fruit Salad – This tropical fruit salad is made with some of the most succulent tropical fruit! And this salad also includes my “secret sauce,” which is citrusy and floral. It’s the perfect summertime treat!
- Frozen Yogurt Bark – Simple and quick to make, this frozen yogurt bark is the perfect summer treat. Red, white, and blue for the 4th of July dessert, and it’s a perfect hot weather snack.
other Fourth of July Food Ideas
- Cucumber Sandwiches – So quick and easy to make with accessible ingredients, they are wonderfully refreshing and elegant enough to serve to company. Made with seasoned Greek yogurt, they are truly delightful!
- Chia Lemon Fresca – Chia seeds in water with lemon and honey is a refreshing and healthy drink. This hydrating drink is quick and easy to make with simple ingredients.
- Iced Raspberry Tea – This Raspberry Iced Tea is an incredibly easy recipe made with fresh raspberries, sugar, and black tea. It’s a super quick drink to make and one that is so refreshing for hot summer days.
- Fresh made Lemonade – There’s nothing more refreshing on a hot day than a pitcher of simple homemade lemonade. Make your own lemonade recipe from scratch and enjoy it within minutes.
- Cutting a Watermelon – This is a simple tutorial to show my technique for cutting watermelon. Learn the easiest way to slice watermelon whether it’s with rind or without the rind!
- Fruit Ice Cubes – This is an excellent way to use up leftover fruit, sweeten your water naturally and add a little fun and color to water. A refreshing addition to your summertime drinks.
- Grilled Romaine Lettuce – Grilled romaine hearts – smoky, lightly charred, brushed with a vibrant lemon vinaigrette, and topped with parmesan; this grilled lettuce recipe is perfect for summertime, and it’s sure to please your taste buds!
- Grilled Tomatoes – Grilled tomatoes are a juicy, smoky, and delicious add-on to any BBQ! The char from the grill elevates the tomatoes making a great side or accompaniment!
HOW TO keep food warm
- Oven: As long as you’re not cooking anything in the oven, you can set it to 200°F and store dishes in there to keep them warm.
- Aluminum Foil: If your oven is not free, you can simply use aluminum foil, which has reflective properties that protects the food from light and oxygen. The foil reflects the thermal energy back to the food, which maintains the moisture, flavor, and texture.
- Slow Cookers and Instant Pots: Think of recipes that can be made in your slow cooker or instant pot that will keep warm during the party. You can even use them to keep foods warm even if you don’t cook in them.
- Insulated coolers: You can use a cooler to keep food hot as well as cold. The insulation technology that keeps out the heat to maintain cold foods also works to trap heat in and keep food hot for hours at a time. You can even line the cooler with aluminum foil for even better results.
HOW TO store all the leftovers
If you’re like me, you always end up with leftovers after any big gathering. And while I’m not complaining (leftovers are the best!), it can be tricky to know how to store all of them. Here are a few tips:
- Make sure everything is cooled completely before storing.
- Label everything with the name and date. This will help you keep track of what’s what and also ensure that nothing gets lost in the back of the fridge.
- Use plastic containers or freezer bags. This will help keep your food fresh and prevent it from drying out.
- If you have any perishable items (like meat or dairy), make sure to store them in the fridge.
frequently asked questions
There are plenty of vegan-friendly recipes that are perfect for the Fourth of July! Here are a few of our favorites:
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
Vegan Macaroni Salad
Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
Grilled Fruit Kabobs
Grilling is definitely a popular cooking method on the Fourth of July, but it’s not the only option! You can also cook your food on the stovetop, in the oven, or even use a slow cooker.
If you are attending a Fourth of July party, it is always a nice gesture to bring a dish to share. This helps to lighten the load for the host, and ensures that there will be enough food for everyone!
Some traditional Fourth of July foods include burgers, hot dogs, potato salad, coleslaw, and baked beans. Of course, there are many other options as well! Just be sure to choose recipes that will please a crowd.
With these 50 recipes, you’ll be sure to have a festive and delicious Fourth of July celebration! From appetizers and main dishes to sides and desserts, there’s something for everyone. For even more, Fourth of July cooking inspiration and recipes click the underlined text! Now get cooking and enjoy the holiday!
full list of recipes
Check out the picture cards for all the recipes listed above. You can click on any of the recipe cards to take you directly to those recipes.
Grilled Turkey Burgers
Classic Beef Burgers
Black Bean Burger
Watermelon Feta Salad
Smoked Salmon Salad
Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad
Peach Avocado Salad
Caprese Strawberry Salad
Mediterranean Chopped Salad
Blueberry Watermelon Salad
IP Baked Beans
Southwest Salad with Quinoa
Summer Couscous Salad
Fresh Summer Pasta Salad
Mexican Street Corn Salad
Onions Grilled 2 Ways
Marinated Portobello Mushroom Steaks
Grilled Beef Kabobs
Artichoke Tahini Dip
Grilled Corn on the Cob
Fruit Roll ups
Strawberry Chocolate S’mores
Guilt-free Banana Split
Easy Edible Cookie Dough
Peanut Butter Jelly Yogurt
Healthier Fudgy Brownies
Tropical Fruit Salad
Frozen Yogurt Bark
Chia Lemon Fresca
Raspberry Iced Tea
Fresh Made Lemonade
How To Cut a Watermelon
Ice Cubes Made with Fruit
Grilled Romaine Lettuce
For more similar roundup of recipes, be sure to check out: Vegetables To Grill This Summer, Easy Air Fryer Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, and Recipes with Canned Beans.
If you found this recipe roundup for for July Recipes helpful or if you try any recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipes! It helps others who are thinking of trying out this tutorial and we would love to hear about your experience. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
Mashallah superb recipes thx and can you please share here the recipes ingredients
Just click on the photos and it takes it to the recipe with all the ingredients.