This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Greek Yogurt Brownies recipe post is sponsored by Stonyfield, although the content represents my own personal opinion and experience using the product.
Made from scratch, these delicious Greek yogurt brownies are a healthier alternative to the traditional recipes, but still taste so delicious! Made without oil and with added protein, this is one brownie recipe you can feel good about!
Ingredients & substitutions
- Butter: Use unsalted butter for this recipe. If you use salted, then decrease the amount of added salt.
- Chocolate: Use both baking chocolate and chocolate chips in these brownies. Baking chocolate is melted and mixed into the batter, then chocolate chips are folded in for an extra treat and fudgey consistency.
- Sugar: You can use any granulated sugar, or cane sugar which is less processed than granulated. Light brown sugar can also be used.
- Greek yogurt: The secret ingredient for these moist and chewy brownies is the Greek yogurt. I’m using Stonyfield Organic Greek Grassfed Yogurt which is a yogurt that is rich with a unique and creamy flavor. Like all Stonyfield yogurts, it’s made without anything artificial so it’s my preference for baking, cooking and snacking.
- Eggs: For best results, use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract and salt: For sweetness and flavor.
- Flour: These Greek yogurt brownies are made with all purpose flour. I haven’t tried it but would expect them to turn out well with a 1:1 gluten-free flour.
How to make greek yogurt brownies
- Melt together the butter and chocolate either in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- Whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour, salt and Greek yogurt to the bowl.
- Stir together to combine and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a lined baking pan.
- Bake and allow to cool fully before cutting into squares.
Tips for making the brownies
- Use full fat Greek yogurt. Because we’re swapping some of the butter for Greek yogurt, it’s important to use full fat Greek yogurt for rich and moist brownies that don’t dry out.
- Don’t over mix the brownie batter. When you add the flour, stir and fold it until there are no white streaks left, but then stop mixing. If you mix too much, the gluten can overdevelop and your brownies will be very heavy. It’s best to mix by hand rather than use an electric mixer.
- Don’t overcook the brownies. Use a toothpick to test for doneness. If you insert the toothpick and it comes out with wet batter, it needs more time. However, if it comes out with only a few moist crumbs, that means the brownies are ready.
- Cut the brownies using a plastic knife or a regular knife covered in cooking spray. This creates the most precise and clean cuts. Make sure to let the brownies cool off completely first.
Frequently asked questions
Once your brownies have fully cooled and you have sliced them into squares, transfer them to an airtight container. I prefer to store them at room temperature where they will keep well for 3 to 4 days. You can also store them in the fridge for up to one week.
Yes! These Greek yogurt brownies freeze really well. Let them cool completely and then you can either wrap the whole pan in foil and place in a freezer bag or cut into squares and wrap each piece individually. They will keep well for up to 3 months and can be thawed at room temperature.
I like to spray the baking dish and then line it with parchment paper for easy removal. Let the parchment paper overhang the edges of the pan so it is easy to lift the brownies straight out. Don’t use butter to grease the dish, as this can burn during cooking and cause the brownies to stick.
These Greek yogurt brownies are one delicious treat! Made with less butter and no oil but still perfectly moist, this is one dessert you’re going to love!
More desserts to try:
- Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- Almond Milk Rice Pudding
- Peach Crisp
- Apple Bread Pudding
- Chocolate Peppermint Mousse
If you try this healthy-ish feel good Greek Yogurt Brownies recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
Greek Yogurt Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and line it with parchment paper.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a large microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second bursts until melted. Whisk in the sugar until dissolved, then whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour, salt and Greek yogurt and stir until there are no more streaks of flour. Fold in the chocolate.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, being careful not to overcook them. Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.