Easy Mixed Berry CobblerJump To Recipe
- Serves: 6-8
This Easy Mixed Berry Cobbler is a sweet & tasty dessert the whole family will love! It's made with a variety of berries and topped with a buttery crumble.
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Easy Mixed Berry Cobbler
Easy and delicious…what’s not to love?! I have made a version of this Easy Mixed Berry Cobbler many times and my guests always love it. I have tried it with peaches, strawberries, apples and of course, mixed berries, and I think my favorite is the berries so far. It’s such a great way to use up an abundance of fruit you have on hand! And might I add, it’s a quick recipe you can throw in the oven just 10 minutes before your guests arrive! Top off that abundance of fruit with some flour, sugar and butter (oh yes…feelgoodfoodie is using some butter here today!) and you’ve got a classic cobbler that’s literally to-die-for!
I’ve seen variations of this recipe where people use an egg to mix with the flour and sugar crumble and you can totally do that. But I don’t think it needs the egg personally and I enjoyed it better without the egg. If you’re not a great baker (like me) but you still want a homemade sweet and simple dessert, this baby’s got your name written all over it! It’ll have your house smelling like the inside of Williams Sonoma when they do dessert cooking instructions and it’ll have your guests swooning over the bowl asking for the recipe! For me, this usually feeds about 6-8 people and I never have leftovers. I know I include in the ingredients below that the vanilla ice cream is optional, but it’s totally *not* option in my opinion. This needs to be a la mode, always!
Dear future house guests…prepare to be wow’ed!
- 6 cups fresh mixed berries (I used blackberries, blueberries and raspberries)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat white flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- Ice cream for serving or whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° F and lightly grease a 9-inch round baking dish (or 8-inch square pan or 9x13 inch loaf pan, if desired)
- Place the blackberries, blueberries and raspberries in the baking dish, and add the lemon juice and stir to combine with the fruit.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and pinch of salt and combine until the mixture looks like a coarse meal.
- Crumble the flour mixture over the fruit. Drizzle the melted butter over topping.
- Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
The nutritional content does not include the ice cream.