This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Artichoke Tahini Dip recipe post is sponsored by Cortas, although the content represents my own personal opinion and experience using the product.
This creamy baked artichoke dip is meant for sharing! Served hot, this cheesy dip is made with spinach, artichokes, tahini (my special ingredient!) and feta cheese. We bake it in the oven before being served to the table hot with crackers.
Ingredients & substitutions
- Artichokes: Use canned artichokes for this recipe. Drain and chop them before mixing with the other ingredients.
- Spinach: Baby spinach works so well with artichokes and it’s a great way to sneak some extra veggies in!
- Tahini: I use Cortas Tahini in this recipe to add a smooth consistency to the spinach artichoke dip and a nutty flavor. It’s important to note that not all tahini is created equal. You’ll often find some have a bitter taste or a sludgy consistency that can really affect the flavor and texture of the final dish. Cortas, however, is made in Lebanon with the best white sesame seeds. You can see and taste the difference!
- Onions: Use half of a yellow onion, finely diced to add a savory flavor to the warm dip. In a pinch you can use red or white onion, or a shallot for a milder flavor.
- Garlic: No dip is complete without some garlic! Two minced garlic cloves add a great taste, and for the big garlic fans, you can always add a little more in if you like.
- Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt adds a wonderful creamy texture and slightly tangy flavor. We like to use Greek yogurt rather than plain for a boost of protein, but plain will work well too.
- Olive oil: Use to cook the garlic and onions. Any high heat oil like vegetable or canola will work well.
- Feta Cheese and Mozzarella: Feta adds a tangy richness to the dip and mozzarella creates those delicious cheese pulls. Goat cheese can be used in place of the feta, and any melting shredded cheese will work great.
How to make artichoke tahini dip
- Soften the garlic, onion and spinach and add to a baking dish.
- Add in the rest of the dip ingredients.
- Mix well to combine.
- Top with more feta and mozzarella and bake until golden brown and bubbling.
Tips for making the artichoke dip
- Soften the garlic, onion and spinach before mixing with the other ingredients. This will help them to become more flavorful and the dip will be easier to eat. And make sure to chop them up finely so they combine more easily with the remaining ingredients
- Use high quality tahini. You will notice a smoother consistency that is easier to mix if you use a premium tahini like the Cortas Tahini. The taste will also be more noticeable.
- Swap the Greek yogurt for sour cream. I like to use Greek yogurt for a lighter and healthier option, but this can be substituted with sour cream for something a little more indulgent.
- Serve hot. This tahini artichoke dip should be served straight from the oven. If it cools too much it will become more solid and harder to scoop.
Frequently asked questions
This dip is best served hot out of the oven, but you can prep it ahead of time. Soften the onion, garlic and vegetables and add them to the baking dish with the other ingredients and top with the cheese. You can then keep it covered in the fridge for up to 24 hours til you are ready to bake it.
If you have any leftovers, they will keep well in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, cover with foil and place in the oven at 360F for 15 to 20 minutes until warmed through and hot.
This dip is great to serve up with crackers or pita chips for a crowd pleasing appetizer. For a lighter option, celery and carrot sticks also work well, as does anything else that is dippable!
This hot tahini artichoke dip is perfect for game day and throughout the holidays when you are hosting a crowd. Simple and easy to make, this creamy cheesy dip will disappear quickly!
More dips to try:
- Creamy Feta Dip
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Peanut Butter Dip
- 7 Layer Mediterranean Dip
- Homemade Ranch Dip
If you try this healthy-ish feel good Artichoke Tahini Dip recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
Artichoke Tahini Dip
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4-5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- Salt and pepper
- 1 14 ounce can quartered artichoke hearts drained and coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup Cortas tahini
- 1 ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta
- Pita chips for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and set an oven rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, and cook until softened, 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add spinach and cook until wilted, 2 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked spinach mixture to an 8×3 oven-safe baking dish. Add the artichokes, Greek yogurt, tahini and 1 cup mozzarella cheese,and stir to combine. Sprinkle the top with feta and remaining ¼ cup mozzarella cheese. Wipe any messy edges with a paper towel.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese on top is melted. Switch oven to a high broil and place dip on top rack. Broil until cheese is golden brown and bubbling, 2 minutes. Serve warm with pita chips.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.