This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
What’s better than waking up Christmas morning to all the presents? Waking up to all the presents and a delicious breakfast! From overnight French toast to warm cinnamon rolls and so much more, I’m sharing my top 28 Christmas Morning Breakfasts to start your day in the most merry way!
Table of Contents
With all the focus on the main Christmas meal, sometimes breakfast can be an afterthought. Below are 28 Easy Christmas Morning Breakfasts that are a breeze to whip up and taste delicious! No need to spend the entire day in the kitchen when you can drum up a batch of easy sheet pan eggs or scrumptious make-ahead options to have ready to go!
WHY YOU SHOULD COOK CHRISTMAS MORNING BREAKFASTS
- Make lasting traditions. We all have that special meal that we woke up to as a child on Christmas morning that’s seared in our minds, and if you don’t – why not start this year? Let the aroma of delicious dishes wafting through the house become a cherished part of your holiday memories.
- Add a personalized festive touch that’s satisfying. Plan out your Christmas breakfast menu to suit your family’s tastes and dietary preferences so everyone can get into the festive spirit with happy tummies.
- Allows you to make healthier options. The fall and winter season is a time to enjoy lots of mouthwatering dishes, everything from a Thanksgiving dinner menu to a cookie exchange party. Making food at home gives you full control over the ingredients used and the quality of the dish. Balance out the indulgence of the holiday season with lots of fresh fruits, whole grains, and these recipes made with better-for-you ingredients.
- Spread holiday joy. Christmas is a time to be together, and whipping up traditional Christmas breakfasts together extends beyond the act of cooking. It creates a shared experience that encourages connection and joy, making Christmas morning a heartwarming part of your holiday celebration.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST CHRISTMAS MORNING BREAKFAST
- Keep pancakes warm in the oven if cooking for a crowd. Place pancakes on a baking sheet, on a wire rack, at around 200F in the oven until you’re ready to serve them. This temperature keeps the pancakes warm without continuing to cook them.
- Freeze waffles for a quick and easy breakfast. Make a batch of waffles before the big day, allow them to cool, then place in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and freeze for two hours. Then place the waffles in freezer-safe bags. Warm up in the oven or toaster when ready. Serve with sides of fruit and syrup.
- Go for pre-chopped veggies and fruit. Buying pre-washed and pre-cut vegetables is one of the simplest ways to save time and frees up much-needed counter space! But if you have the time, you can cut broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and bell peppers and keep them in airtight containers in the fridge until ready to use.
- Freeze your butter! There’s nothing like waiting for your butter to come up to room temp, especially on Christmas morning. Just pop your butter in the freezer the night before and grate it into your dough mix, it’s quick, easy, and more evenly distributed!
CHRISTMAS BREAKFAST BASICS
- Crunchy toppings add texture and flavor to many breakfasts. Learn how to toast pecans, make candied walnuts, or roasted sunflower seeds.
- Creamy toppings add richness and a decadent taste. On the other hand, almond butter, homemade peanut butter, chocolate ganache, and whipped cream all lend a different texture and flavor profile.
- Fresh fruits are always a welcome addition to any meal and especially breakfast. Have a platter of seasonal fruit like cut kiwis, grapefruit or orange segments, apple wedges, and pomegranate on a serving platter for a sweet and fresh burst of flavors.
- Having baking essentials on hand make busy mornings fuss-free. Have a batch of homemade yogurt, self-rising flour, and pie crust ready to go for all your baking fun. Brush up on how to soften butter quickly or how to make oat flour for flourless baked goods.
BEST CHRISTMAS MORNING BREAKFASTS
Bring magic to your Christmas day with these delicious breakfasts. Discover some of your favorite traditional Christmas breakfast ideas that capture the holiday spirit. Or simplify your day with easy Christmas morning breakfasts with minimal ingredients and little prep time. You’ll also find simple make-ahead Christmas breakfast ideas and options to comfortably feed a crowd. No matter what your Christmas morning looks like – you can be sure we have you covered when it comes to tasty breakfasts.
TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS BREAKFAST RECIPES
- Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Bread – Made with simple ingredients and seasoned with pumpkin pie spice, this popular fall and winter recipe will add irresistible sweetness to your Christmas breakfast menu. Treat your house guests to warm, comforting aroma of freshly baked goodness as they wake up to this holiday magic.
- Broccoli and Cheese Quiche – A hearty quiche is always on the top of traditional Christmas breakfast recipes. This delicious number is made with eggs, cheddar cheese, seasonings, and broccoli florets and cooked to perfection in the oven.
- Cranberry Lemon Muffins – It’s not a holiday meal without cranberries taking center stage. These muffins highlight the festive flavors, combining the tartness of cranberries with the bright zest of lemons. These sweet treats offer seasonal goodness in every bite, making them a necessary part of your traditional Christmas breakfast menu.
- Vegetable Frittata – If you have any veggies leftover from your big dinner, why not give them new life and whip up this tasty frittata? This is one of my favorite easy Christmas morning breakfasts because of the simple prep and flexibility in ingredients.
- Chai Spiced Vegan Muffins – If you love warm spices like cloves, cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom – these muffins are a must-make. They’re moist, rich, and flavorful. Made with almond milk, applesauce, aromatic spices, and lightly sweetened with maple syrup, they offer a delicious addition to your holiday breakfast.
- Vegan Cinnamon Rolls – These sweet rolls are always a favorite make ahead Christmas breakfast idea and for good reason. They’re easy to make, everyone loves them, and are an absolute must on Christmas day.
- Hash Brown Egg Nests – When it comes to traditional Christmas breakfast recipes, a good plate of crispy hash browns and fried eggs is always welcomed. Now, put them together in a muffin pan to make a charming twist on the classic, offering a showstopping presentation and a delicious breakfast.
EASY CHRISTMAS MORNING BREAKFASTS
- Easy French Toast – Made with 5 simple ingredients, this vegan French toast recipe comes together quickly and just as easy as traditional French toast. Make it extra festive by using eggnog almond milk and top with fresh strawberries or my 2 ingredient strawberry sauce.
- Smoked Salmon Bagel – If you’re looking for something that doesn’t require cranking up the oven, this salmon bagel is a great option. The only hands-on part is mixing the cream cheese with lemon juice, dill, and salt and pepper, and from there, let everyone make their own smoked salmon bagel. To make it extra special, whip up these 2-ingredient bagels.
- Cranberry Pecan Baked Oatmeal – You won’t regret adding this to your Christmas breakfast menu. Fresh or frozen cranberries and nutty pecans come together with old-fashioned oats and a touch of cinnamon and maple syrup for a delicious and satisfying breakfast. This recipe is excellent for guests, making it one of the best Christmas morning breakfasts for a crowd!
- Breakfast English Muffin Pizzas – In just 10 minutes, you can sit down to a delicious and unique meal to start the day. Add some leftover diced turkey breast to bump it up with protein or make it as is with just pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and scrambled eggs. It’s easy, delicious, and most importantly, satisfying to keep you going all Christmas day long.
- Strawberry Pancakes – There’s traditional pancakes, and then there’s this allergen-friendly flourless recipe that you will feel good about serving to your guests. These are dairy-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, and oil-free, but not flavor-free! In fact, they still have the fluffy texture and delicious flavor that we all want in a good pancake stack.
- Crustless Quiche – Full of flavor, this vegetarian quiche will be a hit on your Christmas morning. Naturally low in carbs and packed with veggies, it comes together easily, is loaded with fresh flavors, and will quickly become one of your favorite Christmas morning breakfasts for a crowd.
- Yogurt Custard Toast – With only 7 simple ingredients and ready to be served in just 20 minutes, this take on toast transforms a classic breakfast staple into a creamy and tasty treat. Velvety custard made with yogurt, egg, honey, and lemon zest spread on warm bread and topped with fresh strawberries makes an irresistible breakfast that everyone will love.
- Egg White Bites – Start your Christmas day with these copycat Starbucks egg white bites. They’re the perfect solution when you need something fast, satisfying, and ready to grab-and-go for those busy holiday moments. Packed with protein and a medley of flavorful ingredients, these bites offer a light yet satiating breakfast option.
MAKE AHEAD CHRISTMAS BREAKFAST IDEAS
- One Pan Baked Oatmeal – Take the stress out of breakfasts with this oven-baked oatmeal. It’s prepped and baked in one dish and loaded with flavor. Naturally sweetened with bananas, rolled oats, berries, and chia seeds come together perfectly for a no-fuss, hot breakfast for busy mornings.
- Breakfast Egg Strata – If you’re looking for a delicious make ahead Christmas breakfast idea – this one is it! It’s excellent with leftover vegetables and you can whip it up the night before and keep it in the fridge until ready to bake. In fact, it tastes better that way as the bread soaks up the egg mixture.
- Mediterranean Frittata – Saute the greens in a pan and whisk everything together ahead of time – then pop it in the oven for an easy and delicious make-ahead breakfast option. You can also cook it thoroughly in advance and just reheat it as needed.
- Overnight French Toast – With just 10 minutes of hands on time, you can enjoy one of the world’s most delicious make ahead Christmas breakfast ideas. Nothing competes with this classic, and the convenience of preparing it the night before allows you to focus on the joy of Christmas morning.
- Southwest Breakfast Burrito – When it comes to easy make ahead Christmas breakfast ideas, nothing is more original than a freezer burrito. This one is packed with flavor, very freezer friendly, and will keep you satisfied all morning long. Top it off with homemade salsa, and you have a fuss-free breakfast.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread – Upgrade your banana bread with this version. It’s an easy quick bread rich with chocolate flavor, whipped up with simple pantry ingredients, and oh-so-tasty! You’ll love the combination of ripe bananas, decadent chocolatey flavor, and creamy peanut butter in a festive bread.
- Mushroom Frittata – A hearty frittata always makes an excellent traditional Christmas breakfast. That’s because they’re visually festive, satisfying, and oh-so-delicious. This rustic frittata takes the holiday breakfast to the next level with its earthy mushrooms sauteed to perfection, adding a rich and savory depth to every bite.
CHRISTMAS MORNING BREAKFASTS FOR A CROWD
- French Toast Casserole – You will love this total crowd pleaser that takes no more than 10 minutes to prep. Golden buttery brioche bread smothered in a creamy batter and topped with cinnamon crunch – it’s always everyone’s favorite! Serve it with a drizzle of maple syrup or chia seed jam and a dusting of powdered sugar for an irresistible breakfast.
- Sheet Pan Eggs – Make sure you add this to your Christmas breakfast menu. It’s fast, easy, delicious, and an excellent meal for a large crowd. The best part? It’s so customizable that you can add any vegetables, cheese, or meats you have. Enjoy the convenience of stress-free morning with this hearty egg dish. Serve it with roasted potatoes or as part of breakfast sandwiches tucked between toast.
- Shakshuka with Feta – There’s nothing like a good one-skillet meal when it comes to easy Christmas morning breakfasts. This mouthwatering breakfast starts with caramelized onions and bell peppers and ends with eggs poached in a spiced tomato sauce. Top with feta cheese and dig in with flatbread or homemade pita bread.
- Sheet Pan Pancakes – Satisfy everyone’s pancake cravings with this easy breakfast option that lets you whip up 4 different pancake flavors on one sheet pan. There will be something for everyone here, making this breakfast a festive and flavorful combination. It’s convenient, delicious, and caters to everyone’s personal favorites!
- Vegetarian Egg Boat – Made with your favorite vegetables like bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions, you’ll fall in love with this easy Christmas breakfast menu option. Plus, you can easily whip up the eggs and veggies the night before then assemble and bake in the morning.
- Fruit and Yogurt Parfait – Serving a Christmas breakfast for a crowd? Make a yogurt parfait bar, complete with favorite toppings like fresh berries and sliced bananas. Set out a variety of granola like chocolate granola, cranberry almond granola, or just regular granola. You will love how easy it is to set this up, and your guests will appreciate the flexibility in making their unique bowls.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This varies on the region, but because Christmas is a time for family and friends to be together, breakfasts generally tend to be a little more fancy. Some traditional Christmas breakfast options include French toast, cinnamon rolls, and various breakfast quiches. It’s also an excellent time to make the traditional family breakfasts you grew up with. And don’t forget drinks like hot apple cider and hot chocolate, complete with hot cocoa bombs.
Go with crowd-pleasing meals that can be whipped up in a casserole dish or on a sheet pan. Or set up a bar that allows your guests to customize their own bowls and plates. For example, try an overnight oats bar with toppings of nuts and fruit. Or a crepe bar with healthy nutella and different flavored homemade jam.
A sweet breakfast like pancakes, waffles, and muffins always goes well with kids, big and small. Thankfully, I have some better for you sweet breakfast that will help them stay fuller longer. These healthy muffins for kids are a great option, as are cottage cheese pancakes and blueberry yogurt waffles.
With this collection of 28 Christmas morning breakfasts, you are set for success to create a memorable and joy-filled holiday morning. Whether you’re looking for easy meals to start the day with your immediate family or Christmas morning breakfasts for a crowd, you are sure to find something here.
FULL LIST OF RECIPES
Check out the picture cards for all the recipes listed above. You can click on any of the recipes cards to take you directly to those recipes.
If you found this recipe roundup for Christmas Morning Recipes helpful or if you try any recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipes! It helps others who are thinking of trying out this tutorial and we would love to hear about your experience. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!