It’s Friday afternoon and I’m writing out my grocery list for the weekend. And I always have bananas on the grocery list…like always! But I glance at my counter and notice like 7 ripe bananas! There’s only so much I can put in a smoothie at this point. So I think banana bread!
I googled some ideas because it’s Friday and my brain was fried to be original on my own, and came across quite a beauty on the Broma Bakery blog, which is actually run by a girl from Detroit, where I’m originally from…holla! So, 2 bowls of wet and dry ingredients + 60 minutes of baking time later and there she was…this beautiful, moist chocolate peanut butter banana bread…probably the best banana bread recipe you can find!
Then I stared at it for 15 minutes while it cooled. I told myself I was working on my phone, but I was totally distracted by the amazing whiffs of chocolate beneath my nose coming from this chocolate peanut butter banana bread.
When I finally cut into the banana bread, I decided the best way to top off the warm moist bread was with more peanut butter (logically). In fact, I had banana peanut butter, and decided to smother it all over one of the slices. It just brings all the sweet and nutty flavor together wonderfully!
And then after 17,000 pictures, I took the much-anticipated bite to check for moistness (of course! 😉
Moist test = 117%. See, I did the hard work and testing for you! Now, all you have to do is re-make this recipe and enjoy!
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
More quick bread recipes:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- 1 cup whole wheat all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3-4 bananas about 1 1/2 cup mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup peanut butter slightly melted
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Banana slices optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Add the melted peanut butter, light brown sugar, coconut oil, egg and vanilla extract and stir until combined and smooth.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Pour into the prepared loaf pan and top with thinly sliced banana pieces.
- Bake for 55 - 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Recipe adapted from Broma Bakery. I used 1 egg instead of 2, added more bananas (1 1/2 cup instead of 1 cup). I used light brown sugar instead of granulated white sugar and I used coconut oil instead of canola oil.