Upgrade your banana bread recipe with this Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread version. It’s an easy quick bread recipe that is loaded with cocoa powder for a delicious and decadent added chocolate flavor! It’s tender, moist and flavorful – a true chocolate lover’s dream!
How do you make chocolate banana bread?
One bowl of wet ingredients, one bowl of dry ingredients + 60 minutes of baking time later and there she was…this beautiful, moist chocolate peanut butter banana bread…probably the best banana bread recipe you can find!
Then I stared at it for 15 minutes while it cooled. I told myself I was working on my phone, but I was totally distracted by the amazing whiffs of chocolate beneath my nose coming from this chocolate peanut butter banana bread.
When I finally cut into the banana bread, I decided the best way to top off the warm moist bread was with more peanut butter (logically). In fact, I had banana peanut butter, and decided to smother it all over one of the slices. It just brings all the sweet and nutty flavor together wonderfully!
And here is the loaf slathered with the peanut butter on top and utterly perfect, delicious and moist!
More quick bread recipes:
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Chocolate Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- 1 cup whole wheat all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3-4 bananas about 1 1/2 cup mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup peanut butter slightly melted
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Banana slices optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Add the melted peanut butter, light brown sugar, coconut oil, egg and vanilla extract and stir until combined and smooth.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Pour into the prepared loaf pan and top with thinly sliced banana pieces.
- Bake for 55 - 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before slicing.