This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you’re looking to replicate the taste of the popular Starbucks Pumpkin bread at home, this copycat recipe is for you! You can make this loaf easily in one bowl and the result is a super moist texture with that irresistible pumpkin taste!
Ingredients & substitutions
- Flour: For best results use all-purpose flour. We haven’t made this recipe with a 1:1 gluten-free flour, but are pretty sure it will turn out well.
- Pumpkin pie spice: A little pumpkin pie spice adds a warming sweetness to the bread. If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, use ¼ teaspoon each of ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Baking soda and salt: so that the bread rises when it is baked in the oven and isn’t dense.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter for the best results. Allow it to soften before using so that it mixes well with the other ingredients and you have an even texture.
- Sugar: We use cane sugar and light brown sugar in this recipe for a complex sweetness.
- Eggs: To bind the ingredients together.
- Pumpkin: Use pure canned pumpkin to make this recipe. Don’t use a pumpkin pie filling which has added sugars and spices.
- Vanilla extract: For flavor and sweetness. A pure vanilla extract is preferable, but imitation will work well in this recipe.
- Pumpkin seeds: The pumpkin seeds are sprinkled on top of the bread before being baked. They are optional but add a great texture and look so pretty – like the Starbucks bread!
How to make pumpkin bread
- Start by creaming together the sugar and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer or with a handheld mixer.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated.
- Mix in the canned pumpkin and vanilla extract until it looks well combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until you don’t see any more flour streaks. You can add the dry ingredients one at a time or mix them together in a bowl first and then add all together.
- Transfer the batter to a loaf pan that’s lightly greased and spread evenly with a spatula
- You can also sprinkle some whole or crushed pepitals/pumpkin seeds on top to mimic the look of the Starbucks pumpkin bread.
Tips for Baking pumpkin bread
- Use a stand mixer to make this recipe. This is the quickest and easiest way to make the pumpkin bread dough. You can make it by hand, but it will take a little longer to make sure that the wet ingredients are fully mixed and easily combined.
- Don’t over mix the batter. When you add in the dry ingredients, mix together until just combined. If you overwork the flour the gluten will overdevelop and the finished loaf will have a heavy and dense texture.
- Use oil or cooking spray to grease the loaf pan. If you use butter it can burn and cause the bread to stick. You can also line it with parchment paper so that it is easy to remove from the pan.
- Let the pumpkin bread cool fully before removing it from the pan. Place the pan on a cooling rack so that the air circulates all around to cool it completely.
Frequently Asked Questions
Once your bread has fully cooled, remove form the loaf pan and place in an airtight container or wrap well in plastic wrap. It will keep well for around 4 days either in the fridge or at room temperature.
Yes! This bread will freeze really well and will keep for up to 3 months. Wrap it well in plastic wrap or foil and place into a freezer bag or container to protect it from freezer burn. Thaw it in the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature to serve.
This copycat Starbucks recipe is delicious as it is, but you could easily fold in some chocolate chips or dried fruit like cranberries for added sweetness.
Skip the lines at Starbucks and bake up this loaf of pumpkin bread to enjoy throughout the week. So perfect as an afternoon snack with a cup of tea or coffee.
More quick breads to try:
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Carrot Banana Bread
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Lemon Zucchini Bread
If you try this healthy-ish feel good Starbucks Pumpkin Bread recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
Starbucks Pumpkin Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, mix butter, cane sugar and light brown sugar until light and fluffy, 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Add canned pumpkin and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until no streaks remain. Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds if using.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 50-55 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack before slicing.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.