Protein Packed Peanut Butter Dip with Apples
If you’ve just started a clean eating lifestyle, it can be pretty easy to know what to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but what do you eat in between your meals while staying on target with your healthy goals? For me, I’ve found that moderate in-between meal snacks that are around 100 – 150 calories are wonderful for boosting my metabolism and limiting any over eating during lunch and dinner. This Protein Packed Peanut Butter Dip with Apples, or with strawberries, bananas, pears or whatever fruit you’d like is a wonderful option for a snack. It’s less than 150 calories per serving and satisfies your body’s cravings for some healthy fats (found in the peanut butter), some carbs (found in the fruit) and some protein (found in the protein powder, Greek yogurt AND the peanut butter). Now that’s a power snack if I ever saw one!
And hey, this is not just for adults to enjoy! I actually make a version of the Protein Packed Peanut Butter Dip with Apples for my kids but just remove the protein powder. They’re still getting the protein their bodies need plus a good amount of dairy which does their body so good at their young age. When my daughter was a couple years younger, she used to call this concoction magic frosting. At 5 years old, she’s much wiser now to differentiate between real frosting and mommy-made-up frosting (boooo). Nonetheless, she devours this and enjoys it with all kinds of fruits!
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder of choice (I used the Bob's Red Mill kind that comes with chia seeds)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ tbsp of maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- Sliced apples or fruit of choice
- Place the four ingredients in a bowl and mix well until completely blended into one smooth and creamy dip. Enjoy at room temperature or place in fridge for up to 4 days.
- When ready to eat, dip the apples or fruit of choice in the peanut butter dip.