This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts are a fantastic side dish that’s super easy to prep and full of flavor and texture. This healthy veggie side dish is so effortless to make in the air fryer, and they have the most crispiest outsides and tender middles.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Brussels sprouts: To prep the sprouts, trim the ends and remove any tough outer leaves. Cut larger ones in half so that they cook evenly in the air fryer.
- Oil: Toss the sprouts in a little oil before cooking so that they get nice and crispy all over. I like to use olive oil, but any high heat oil like vegetable or canola will work well.
- Seasonings: Salt, pepper and garlic powder.
How To make Brussels sprouts in the air fryer?
Start by washing and trimming the Brussel sprouts, then transfer them to a bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. You can use whatever seasoning you’d like. I love this simple seasoning combination when air cooking Brussel sprouts.
Place the prepared sprouts into the basket of the air fryer. You an spray the basket with cooking spray, but usually that’s not necessary since the Brussel sprouts are tossed in oil.
Air fry until they are golden brown and crisp, shaking the basket halfway through.
Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top and serve immediately.
Tips for making this recipe
- Halve any Brussel sprouts that are larger than an inch wide. This will help them get extra crispy so there are more edges all around the sprout. It will also help them cook more evenly with the smaller Brussel sprouts.
- Don’t add more oil than needed. The great thing about cooking in an air fryer is that you don’t need a load of oil to get food wonderfully crispy. Just 1 tablespoon for a pound of Brussel sprouts, and you are good to go!
- Preheat the air fryer. I always prefer to preheat my air fryer even if its’ not in the directions, so that everything cooks evenly and the food immediately hits high heat to get crisp edges.
- Avoid overload the air fryer basket. If you overload the basket, the Brussels can steam rather than fry, and they won’t come out as crispy.
Frequently asked questions
Brussels sprouts can be found in stores all year round, but their peak is September through to mid-February. No Thanksgiving or holiday table is complete without them, but they are so good that they deserve to be enjoyed outside of the big celebrations!
These air fryer Brussels sprouts are super versatile and can easily be served alongside meat, chicken, fish and veggie mains. Try them with:
Hummus Crusted Chicken
Honey Lemon Salmon
Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie
This sprouts are best served as soon as they are cooked so that they are perfectly crispy. If you have leftovers, they will keep covered in the fridge for about 4 or 5 days. It’s best to reheat them in the air fryer for 3 to 4 minutes to get them nice and crispy again.
Even if you think you don’t like Brussel Sprouts, you have to try this air fryer version! They come out so perfectly cooked, and even my kids devoured them! They are so effortless to make and ready to serve in minutes!
For more air fryer recipes:
- Air Fryer Potatoes
- Pickle Brined Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Chicken
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Air Fryer Fish and Chips
If you try this healthy-ish feel good Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then please come back to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Heat an air fryer to 380ºF and spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Prepare the Brussel sprouts by trimming their stems and cutting larger ones in half so they are relatively equal in size.
- Place the cleaned trimmed Brussel sprouts in a large bowl along with the olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss to combine.
- Transfer the Brussels sprouts to the air fryer and shake the basket to make sure they're in a single layer. You may need to cook in two batches. Then cook until golden brown and crisp, shaking the basket halfway through, for 10-12 minutes total.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top and serve immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.